ZIP code

2006 Subaru Legacy

Based on 298 Ratings for the 2005 - 2009 models.

Fun car but...

By on Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pros: "Fun, fast, comfortable with decent MPG"

Cons: "Erratic engine behavior and expensive maintenance"

Great car when it runs great...

"I bought the car brand new in 03/05. Fun car to drive and to drive hard when it is running good. Tires appear to make a huge difference in handling characteristics, too big of a difference in my opinion. Had to replace a bearing in transmission at 62,000 (warranty ran out at 60,000). Car has never liked city speeds or cold and/or damp weather - car chugs (feels like gas is on and off...), very irritating and two dealers could not find a problem. The car has been having erratic idling/running issues since turning 100,000 and throws codes non-stop during these spells. Again, dealer can find nothing wrong but did suggest the cam shaft pulley/filter needed to be changed. Seriously. Bottom line, I would rather of kept the 10 year old car I had and the $32,000 I paid for this, my first new car."

Great car when it runs great...

Fun and nice

By on Friday, February 8, 2008

"I bought this 2000 Legacy sedan in 2005 with 34k miles, now in early 2008 it has 82K. I will only drive an AWD, as I live in the snowy hiils of central NY. It is a beast in any weather. I previously owned a Subaru Forester, and the Legacy is so much nicer to drive. It handles like a dream. You don't have to slow down nearly as much to make turns. The seats and ride are comfy. It has been reliable, inexpensive to maintain, and starts up like a gun every time no matter how cold."

Good Value for Money

By on Friday, April 11, 2008

"I bought this car new in 2002. The car preforms well in the snow, and is comfortable to drive. The only drawbacks are MPG, and the fact that it only came in 4 cylinder engine; a 6 cylinder engine would make the car preform even better."

Nice car

By on Sunday, August 19, 2007

"Nice car, AWD is good in bad weather. 2000-2003 some have headgasket problem. Seats uncomfortable for long distance travel."

Love this Car

By on Monday, July 29, 2013

"This was my first Subaru and I am convinced that I will never buy another brand of car again. We have had the car for 4 years and have only made 2 repairs for electronic problems. It handles great in the snow and is very comfortable."

Fast, Secure, Compitent, Allstar!!

By on Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Pros: "realiable, compitent, safe, athletic, really fun"

Cons: "paint chips easily"

"I purchased the car with 40k last year. Wow this beauty is so much more then compitent. I love this body style so much more then the new one. I have the auto, which needs an extra gear. The trans can get alittle lost or vague sometimes too. Milage is good but not great but what you get from this car is soooo much more then just commuter joy! Seats are very good but could use larger side bolster for the twisties. Sound system is great. Build quality really high, great materials and feel, no rattles Car is glued to the ground in the snow. my buddy who has a new A4 2T is envious. Enough said"

fastest car I have ever owned.

By on Thursday, October 4, 2012

Pros: "When the turbo kicks in WOW"

Cons: "road and tire noise"

"I've owned acura RSX type S, Legend coupes, Subaru SVX, Volvo 850 turbo. This car is a better handling faster car than all those before. The worst quality in the car is the road noise, but the speed and the turbo make me smile all the time. 110,000 mi. and all good."

Comfortable ride.

By on Friday, March 23, 2012

"Very difficult to use with child car seat in center of rear seat. Not enough room if the driver or front seat passenger need to slide the seat back. Performance tires are very expensive to replace. The ride is comfortable and the all wheel drive handles well in snow."

Blast to drive with plenty of room for family!

By on Wednesday, February 8, 2012

"This has been a great car. It was the first year of this model and so it had a couple of issues but Subaru took care of everything. From a driving experience it's been fantastic. Great performance and goes pretty much anywhere in the snow with all season radials. The wagon form factor is a great compromise between needing more space than a sedan without having to go to an SUV. Can't think of anything about it I don't like."

2005-2009 Yes 2010 No

By on Sunday, January 29, 2012

Pros: "smiles per gallon, reliability."

Cons: "14 miles per gallon on premium fuel when racing"

"People buy this car because they want the handling and performance that can only come through Subaru’s boxer turbo four-cylinder and all-wheel-drive combination. There is a strong aftermarket community allowing an increase in Subaru performance only bound by the limits of your wallet. The Subaru powertrain will take years of abuse and even only then maybe start to burn oil. The Subaru Legacy GT from 2005 two 2009 really is a sports sedan only equivalent with cars $10,000 more in MSRP in price. Be prepared to pay at the pump. In utilizing this extra horsepower can yield is little as 14 miles per gallon in the city on premium. If however you are disciplined I've seen 31.5 miles per gallon in long trips in this car. This car is for those who do not want the flashy look of a sports car yet retain its power. It is possible to turn the Subaru Legacy GT into a sub 5 second rocketship. The smiles per gallon are tremendous in his vehicle and would recommend it to anyone. Sadly starting in 2010 Subaru change the spirit of this vehicle and from then onward is not the powerhouse it once was."