2005 Subaru Legacy

Based on 299 Ratings for the 2005 - 2009 models.

2005-2009 Yes 2010 No

By on Sunday, January 29, 2012

Pros: "smiles per gallon, reliability."

Cons: "14 miles per gallon on premium fuel when racing"

"People buy this car because they want the handling and performance that can only come through Subaru’s boxer turbo four-cylinder and all-wheel-drive combination. There is a strong aftermarket community allowing an increase in Subaru performance only bound by the limits of your wallet. The Subaru powertrain will take years of abuse and even only then maybe start to burn oil. The Subaru Legacy GT from 2005 two 2009 really is a sports sedan only equivalent with cars $10,000 more in MSRP in price. Be prepared to pay at the pump. In utilizing this extra horsepower can yield is little as 14 miles per gallon in the city on premium. If however you are disciplined I've seen 31.5 miles per gallon in long trips in this car. This car is for those who do not want the flashy look of a sports car yet retain its power. It is possible to turn the Subaru Legacy GT into a sub 5 second rocketship. The smiles per gallon are tremendous in his vehicle and would recommend it to anyone. Sadly starting in 2010 Subaru change the spirit of this vehicle and from then onward is not the powerhouse it once was."

Great for me.. Might not be for you..

By on Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Pros: "Fun car, looks great, reliable."

Cons: "lower MPG compared to comparables."

"Love the car. Bought it used and had to do some service due to normal wear and tear. Car handles great for an "average" sedan, and in my opinion looks much better then almost any sedan from that model year. It's peppy enough to get up and go and gets decent MPG (29)for a midsize AWD car. I have the 5MT 2.5i and I enjoy every moment I drive it whether on the curvy back roads, highway cruising, or stuck in traffic. Ride might be a little rough for some and others looking for mid to high 30 MPG should look elsewhere."

Great vehicle

By on Friday, October 21, 2011

Pros: "comfortable, classy and looks like a new one."

Cons: "rear defrost is sometimes slow to work."

"I have only owned this car for about 15 months and here on the East coast of Canada the weather can get pretty nasty. This AWL car is excellent on snow and the vehicle is a solid and safe car to own. This is one of the best car I have owned of the dozens of cars I have had. Having the Limited Edition with heated leather and full power group and a great deal from a local dealer and couldn't be happier."

WOW What a ride

By on Friday, September 9, 2011

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Buy the GT"

"I have reviewed my fair share of cars and the 05 Legacy GT has that wow factor. The handling is superb and the power is great as long as you get the GT. the interior is not the cheap junk that most manufactures use and is very functional and comfortable. This car will hold its value and outperform other higher end cars that cost 2x as much. This is the first perfect rating that I've ever given a car... question my review go drive one... you will see Drivers Plan"

Spec B a winner

By on Tuesday, March 29, 2011

"I have owned my 2008 LGT SpecB for 13 months now and I LOVE THIS CAR !!! Everything works perfect. Performance is awesome, economy is respectable. I replaced a Volvo S60R that was a money pit. The Subie blows the Volvo away at every measure... Highly recomended"