2002 Subaru Legacy

Based on 130 Ratings for the 2000 - 2004 models.

2nd Best Subaru I have ever owned

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "Great Gas mileage , fun to drive, fully loaded"

Cons: "no folding back seats,"

Obsidian Black with a slight Red tint.

"My 1st Subaru was a 1998 Legacy 5 Speed. It was a solid car and it had the hill holding clutch! Where has that gone? After a few years of driving different cars I found myself back where I started. This time I went with a rare 2004 Legacy 2.5GT 5 Speed Manual. This car has been solid since day 1. Started with 32k miles and about to trade it in with 99k miles. Just a few bumps in the road along the way, I think it was mostly my part, I drive my cars hard and at times, fast. The steering on the highway was a little loose and didn't take the corners tight like other cars I have owned before. The engine was really easy to maintain and my wife and I loved the sunroof, leather and heated seats. Some of the other minor issues I had was the pulley's for the idle and ac, easy fix. Also the tubing for the radiator fluid. Another easy inexpensive repairs. Replaced the rear brakes at 65k and the front at 85k. Another tip that made the car run better was I had all the fluids drained and went with higher end stuff, included synthetic oil and better heat resistant radiator fluid. My mechanic loved working on it. Most expensive fix in the 5 years I had it was 4 new tires and brakes. I would recommend this car for any highschool or college student. And also added a STS (Short Shifter)"

Obsidian Black with a slight Red tint.

Smoothest Ride Ever

By on Thursday, September 1, 2011

Pros: "Suspension and handling. I won't buy another brand after having this Subaru."

Cons: "Things fall off in the interior. Nothing's designed to hold a woman's purse."

"I've had this car since 2003 and I love the ride. Very good lumbar support and the suspension is great! Very easy to handle. I've never had a mechanical problem. Small things fall off in the interior. Exterior showing some wear tho it's always been kept in a garage. Overall, I love this car."

Good car for a fair price

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "Easy repair, Sleek look, Well equiped"

Cons: "Not very fast"

"Reliable car that will get you from point a to b. sporty look for the price however lacking sport car performance when it comes to torque and horsepower. I recommend this car to anyone that wants a sleek look but isn't too concerned about how fast its quarter mile is."

best so far

By on Saturday, March 6, 2010

"i bought this car new. words cant discribe how much i love this car, this car will do everything and more to keep the driver happy. the looks,handling,and the inside of the car is luxury, but afordible for the working man. this car is the best car i've had."

Lovin the Legacy GT L

By on Wednesday, April 8, 2009

"It's not the fastest sedan on the road, but it's a whole lot of fun especially if you have the 5-speed. I'm a teenager so believe me, I take this car through its paces and it holds up extremely well. If you take good care of a Subaru, it'll take good care of you. It handles great, especially in the snow. I love this car and Subaru definitely has me hooked."