2016 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $17,792 - $18,594.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Valid for ZIP code 96801 through 02/23/2017

10/8.2

8.3

Based on 109 Ratings for the 2012 - 2016 models.

Totally useful

By on Friday, June 24, 2016

Pros: "Great useful all around car for the money"

Cons: "wind noise - heated seat controls bad placement"

1 ½ cubic yards of mulch with still room for a passenger

"Our other car is 2013 Mercedes C300 AWD. Instead of taking over the 2012 Ben, I opted for a new Suby. Why pay expensive maintenance and premium gas? I wouldn't had consider this if not a hatchback and the limited edition-both well worth the extra price. Great value for the money. Unlike the Benz when I want any combination of heat/cold/defrost it is instant and I don't have to look at the controls.I easily can change the air and cabin filters. Handling is great. Hatchback hauls lots of stuff. 1 ½ cubic yards of mulch. Also my wife's real estate signs and I don't even have to put the rear seats down. Put on 4 Blizzak snow tires and in spring replaced with Michelins. This is my "common sense" answer to having a Miata.Now I may consider the new platform they are coming out with. Previous cars I have own Lexus, Volvos,Honda Accords."

1 ½ cubic yards of mulch with still room for a passenger

Decent car for the money

By on Monday, November 7, 2016

Pros: "Good mileage, easy to drive ."

Cons: "Paint! Hesitating going uphill from a stop."

"Bought it because I needed a AWD car before the snow flew . I drive over 125 miles round trip daily. It is a decent size car I have good visibility. The dash is user friendly, but I like the controls on the wheel it makes turning the radio stations much easier for me. Radio is not great as previous posters have mentioned. I am not impressed with the Toyo tires, they are very loud and I have had to bring it in several times since the sensors light up frequently. I would like to see Subaru offer different interiors in some of the car choices. My biggest complaint is the paint quality, I have many dings and chips on the front bumper, hood and on some on the doors from gravel. Subaru does not stand behind their paint."

Great value

By on Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Pros: "AWD, Fun to drive, reliable"

Cons: "Acceleration, Noise, Bluetooth and Radio"

"Good style and comfort especially for tall people (Im 61). Great pickup and braking. Not a sports car so dont start a race with a GTI. Car can drive on any surface without a problem even though its a little low to the ground. Big trunk with the hatchback. Very reliable, bought the car used 8 months ago and I havent had any issue."

Everything I thought it would be, however...

By on Monday, September 2, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, reliable, great mileage for an AWD"

Cons: "stereo seems minimal, somewhat boring interior"

"As reluctant as I was to trade in my 2009 Audi A4, I wanted something newer and with a little better gas mileage since I do a ton of traveling for work. The Impreza Limited fit the bill for what I was looking for. Two things I didn't want to give up was the heated leather seats and all-wheel drive. Since I previously owned two Subarus (a 2000 Forester and a 2009 Legacy), I knew the all-wheel drive would be top-notch and almost unstoppable in the PA winters. The interior is definitely roomy and could comfortably (very important word here) seat 5 adults. The handling is much better than expected and is very stiff and hugs the corners around sharp turns, something I was afraid of losing when I traded my Audi. I'm not comparing the two vehicles, but the difference between the two is not much. For all of the things that I love about this car, the common thing that everybody does not like is the acceleration. You're buying an $25,000 Impreza, not a McLaren MP4 or even an Impreza WRX or an STi. Of course there's gonna be an obvious acceleration issue. The way I look at it is that it's a trade-off for the all-wheel drive that will be more than useful during the winter months. Besides, 36+ mpg on an all-wheel drive vehicle? I'll take that any day of the week. I've hit 38.4 mpg on a 200 mile drive with the cruise on, and that's even with hitting the gas to get through traffic more than a few times. Everybody's second complaint is the stereo. The package I had came with a double-DIN sized stereo with HD Radio built in. It's adequate at best, but I won't waste time and space reviewing this since you can easily upgrade the stereo for $200-300 at your local electronics store. The interior itself is somewhat plain. Not something that you'd look inside and go "wow!", but being the entry level Subaru I wasn't expecting to be blown away by the interior. That said, if there was some thing that could be improved, this would be high on my list. There is nothing that I don't like about this car, but there is some room for improvement."

Best Subaru Yet.... 2012 Impreza Limited Sedan

By on Sunday, May 20, 2012

Pros: "Styling, Comfort, Gas Mileage and AWD"

Cons: "No Satellite Radio without Navigation"

"I took delivery of my new Impreza a few weeks ago and I am very happy with the car, everything I expected and more. I like the way it looks and find it very comfortable and fun to drive. The Limited leather interior is really nice looking and there is plenty of room for the Driver and up to 3 passengers. I know some folks criticize the CVT Transmission but I find it to be very pleasant to drive. It seems to keep the relatively small motor in it's comfort zone and delivers fabulous gas mileage. I have been averaging about 35 MPG in mixed driving which is beyond my expectations. I believe it will better the advertised 36 MPG on the highway using cruise control. The Bluetooth Cell Phone connection is a little hokey to figure out, but once the phone is paired the voice quality is excellent; much better than my wife's Mercedes. I was disappointed that my contacts would not transfer, but I have an old cell phone which is probably the reason. My car has a sunroof and it's a very nice option. I am 6'2" and I have plenty of head room even with the sunroof. This is my 3rd Subaru over a 20 year period and this one is by far the best. I looked around quite a bit before deciding on the Impreza and no other car I considered came close to the value offered by Subaru. It's a great vehicle and I highly recommend taking one for a test drive before deciding on which new car you are going to purchase."