2012 Subaru Impreza

8.3

Based on 109 Ratings for the 2012 - 2016 models.

Decent car for the money

By on Monday, November 7, 2016

Pros: "Good mileage, easy to drive ."

Cons: "Paint! Hesitating going uphill from a stop."

"Bought it because I needed a AWD car before the snow flew . I drive over 125 miles round trip daily. It is a decent size car I have good visibility. The dash is user friendly, but I like the controls on the wheel it makes turning the radio stations much easier for me. Radio is not great as previous posters have mentioned. I am not impressed with the Toyo tires, they are very loud and I have had to bring it in several times since the sensors light up frequently. I would like to see Subaru offer different interiors in some of the car choices. My biggest complaint is the paint quality, I have many dings and chips on the front bumper, hood and on some on the doors from gravel. Subaru does not stand behind their paint."

Great design/real improve over prior years

By on Sunday, July 7, 2013

Pros: "Price, fun to drive, interior"

Cons: "Mileage, stock speakers"

"The good: This is my first Subaru. I cross shopped the Elantra GT, Mazda3 and Ford Focus and choose the Subaru, because of the space inside and interior feel on the limited. Overall I've been very happy with the car. Reliability has been great with zero issues. The leather in the limited trim seems to wear well with proper car. At low speed traffic the car really feels low geared and peppy. No one mentions this, but the suspension really soaks up bumps and uneven pavement. The result? A quiet smooth ride IMHO. The Bad: I ordered my Marine Blue from a local dealer in Sep. 2012 and took delivery in Dec. 2012. Hopefully this is not happening to people now, but Subaru underestimated interest (big time!). Gas mileage has been just average. I've gotten 24-27 in town depending on how I drive. Mileage on the highway is great and is easily 34-36. There's a bit more sway and lean when cornering (fix with bigger sway bar set?). While not unusable the stereo is pretty bad. The good thing is that the speaker upgrade is simple and straight forward."

By on Friday, August 10, 2012

Pros: "Great all around car (good MPH)"

Cons: "good MPG = lower power :-("

"I love the way this car drive, feels, and looks. The only thing I really want more is a more stylistic dashboard with a slightly more fashonable control pannel (but that is just me). I completly recomend this car, and I can go anywhere and do anything with it. BTW Great for pets owners!!!!"

Smart, Practical, Fun

By on Thursday, June 14, 2012

Pros: "MPG improvement, AWD, comfortable interior"

Cons: "CVT is not yet perfect"

"After more than four months of ownership (Premium hatchback), I still get a kick out of this car. It's plenty quick (we have the CVT) and smooth, handles precisely, provides great 360-degree visibility, and has a peaceful interior. It's comfortable, uncluttered, and spacious for a compact. Plenty of storage spaces, too. Wind and engine noise are minimal, road noise can become noticeable on some surfaces. The sound system is about average for the class, which means it's a big step forward for a Subaru. Storage space in the back is ample, and with the rear seats folded flat, you can stow a lot of stuff. The seats are comfortable and have tons of adjustment. Buff books and enthusiasts moan about the CVT, but it's better than most automatic transmissions. When you need power, it's there. It's not perfect yet, but Subaru has already issued two updates to the programming to improve performance. We're quite happy with it as it is, and it will only get better. We've been averaging about 32 mpg around town, and up to 34.5 in mostly-highway driving, even in the mountains. The Impreza has no trouble crossing the Continental Divide, at 11,000 feet, at 70 mph. My wife and I opted for the moonroof/alloy wheels/winter package. We enjoy them at least as much as we expected. Fit and finish seem excellent; the doors open and close with little effort. All that makes it comparable to, if not superior to, most other compacts. But the Impreza adds AWD, and in snow country, that puts it way above the competition."

Excellent overall value!

By on Sunday, August 19, 2012

Pros: "Price, reliability, safety, handling, brakes"

Cons: "Noisy at highway speed"

"Bought the 2.0 Sport Limited a month ago and really like it. Fuel economy is in low 30's in mixed driving. Handling is superb in dry and wet conditions, and brakes are strong with great pedal feel. Can be noisy at HW speed, but it is comparable to other cars in this class I had tested. Great cargo space and comfortable interior. Power is adequate, but it feels peppy in real driving. Don't read magazine articles that criticize the power, these people are more concerned about power and 0-60 times than the things that make a car what it is. This car is an excellent buy for a family, it was the best choice for mine after testing Corollas, Civics, Cruze, Elantra, Focus, etc. Test drive this car if you are in the market for a compact, you won't be disappointed!"