2008 Subaru Impreza

Based on 309 Ratings for the 2008 - 2011 models.

Worth every penny

By on Friday, July 13, 2012

Pros: "a blast to drive!"

Cons: "awd hurts gas mileage if driving agressively"

"Most fun and reliable car i have ever driven hands down. Every time i drive it, it puts a smile on my face. Its a great year round car that is both roomy on the inside but sporty on the outside."

Great traction, power, and features!

By on Wednesday, November 16, 2011

"Everything is fantastic, I have put this car in all kinds of driving situations and it did great. Fuel economy and brake feel are my only gripe, that and the factory tires are just so-so, Will be putting Continental DWS on once they're gone! Awesome car!"

I love it

By on Saturday, February 28, 2009

"I've got a 2008 subaru impreza sport and i was about to go with the Mazda3 wagon then i saw subaru came out with these new body styles and i liked them a lot. When i got out of BCT i looked at subarus in '06 and didnt find them to be attractive cars but i waited and these came out i liked that it had more HP then the mazda and also AWD with better MPG then the mazda. Only sad thing was that the subie didnt have a moon roof. i bought it in march '08 and through summer it did great and this past winter i was impressed but it was compared to a 1994 ford escort hatchback. The snow packed up very quickly especially in the front wheel wells leaving maybe an inch between tire and snow. Heated seats and side mirrors proved useful and i never fished tailed or slid unless i tried very hard to do it. Space inside is comfy, sterio is a little weak but works for me. When I get back from Iraq in 2010 hopefully i wont have to upgrade to the WRX to get moon roof manual and the heated seat and mirrors in the same car. I wish they would increase the number of gears though would save on MPG. i have an average of 26 MPG in my subie 5 speed but its mostly city driving so if that tells you anything its been going down a little but i've also been pushing it to 3.5 RPM before i shift but if i shift normally i get 26 average."

Great buy!

By on Saturday, June 21, 2008

"I bought the 2.5i Sedan (base), due to my 2000 Nissan Maxima having engine issues. I wanted a lease and something that wont "break the bank", and this has been one of my better decisions. The car runs great (A little louder than my Maxima V6) but when you’re inside it's so peaceful and quite. The AWD is a big plus, and I can’t wait to take it up to the mountains this next winter. Exterior looks pretty stylish, and dual exhaust is pretty cool also. Interior in okay, but nothing that screams out at you. After purchasing this car, and owning for about 4 months, and with gas prices on the rise. I could see myself buying it even after the lease is up."

By on Thursday, February 7, 2008

"The best small car i have ever driven. It performs great and handles well in all conditions."

Hands down the best car I've ever owned

By on Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Pros: "practical, safe and FUN"

Cons: "radio could be better"

"After driving in the snow and ice that shut down Atl, I am a believer. The car held the road, got where we needed to go with no drama,I loved it in good weather, I ADORE it now!For the price? I'm not sure you can find a better car. Safety features galore,AWD,and just plain FUN to drive!"

I love this car.

By on Monday, January 13, 2014

Pros: "VDC on/off control, 28/30 mpg Heat seats mirr wipe"

Cons: "Hard to shift into rev."

"With a good set of winter tires this car is unstoppable. I live in the mountains on a dirt road. I have had this car in places my neighbors won't take their SUVs. I have a hard time just trying to spin the tires in six inches of ice and snow."

Good in gas and great fun to drive

By on Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Cheap interior"

"Definitely a fun car to drive, even though only a 4 cylinder car, it performs well at take off, the all wheel handles great in the Florida rains"

Tuff Reliable and Fuel Efficient

By on Thursday, August 1, 2013

Pros: "Tuff and Reliable"

Cons: "I can't think of any"

"I have the 2010 2.5i 4 Dr Sedan. I've owned since brand new and drove it Cross Country, Rural, and City for 3 full years, and NEVER had an issue with this Great Car. I've averaged 25 MPG City and 30+ on the Highway at normal speeds. First car that never had an issue in my life. No warranty issues, mechanical, or options problems to this day. I love it!"

Fun Car

By on Sunday, February 5, 2012

"Very fun to drive. I commute about 45 miles to work everyday and it makes the drive a lot less of a hassle."

Great Winter Vehicle

By on Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive in the snow!!"

Cons: "Can't think of any."

"I absolutely love my Impreza, especially in the winter. I drive about 600 miles a week. Living in Alaska, having a vehicle that handles the snow and ice is a must. This car is a dream on icy roads. I have excellent control and comfort. I've put 75,000 miles on this car and have had minimal maintenance costs. I get my oil changed about every 6 months. Other than the brakes, I haven't had to put any money into the car. It still drives brand new. If you are looking for a car that is dependable and has minimal upkeep costs, this is it. Plus the gas mileage is pretty good. I get 30 mpg on the highway and about 24 in town. Can't complain in any way. Thank you, Subaru!"

Hands down best bang-for-the-buck!

By on Monday, September 26, 2011

Pros: "best price point ever, extremely fun, fast, awd, subaru, boxer motor, easy to clean seats"

Cons: "low quality paint"

Out in the wild.

"How can you beat ~25k for a turbocharged, all wheel drive car with a 0-60 under 5 seconds? Powerful and fun, yet still economical, 4-door, and comfortable as a daily driver. This is the best car I've ever owned, and I don't think I'll ever beat the value of this car."

Out in the wild.

just picked it up

By on Sunday, November 28, 2010

"i just picked my 2010 Subaru impreza outback wagon from my dealer, I bought it used with 2717 miles on it. I drove the vehicle 300 miles the first day in the snow and i love it. This is my 2nd Subaru and got a great deal on the car, this car is amazing and i look forward to driving may more miles"

NOT a great Subaru

By on Monday, August 2, 2010

"We have had the Impreza for three years and have had nothing but problems. From the paint coming off the wheels, to the condenser leaking into the interior, to new breaks and rotars, and new struts, it has been one thing after another with this car. We do not abuse it, and take very good care of our cars. We bought a Subaru based on previously great luck with their quality, but i do not recommend this car...at all! It is just a cheap car with Subaru's All Wheel Drive."

Excellent Value

By on Tuesday, November 10, 2009

"2.5i base 5 speed manual. This was my first brand new vehicle. For the money it cant be beat. The all wheel drive was the biggest factor when choosing this over the civic. It has many features for being a base model. It handles so well and also has a pretty decent amount of power. I purchased it 5/29/09 and already have over 16000 problem free miles. My only complaint is that a couple rattles have started. other than that i am completely satisfied with my purchase. The car holds its value extremely well."

Great value

By on Monday, September 14, 2009

"This was my first new car. Compared to the corolla and civic it is definitely the best value. The main reason i bought it is because of the AWD. It gets way better gas mileage then it said on the sticker. I set the cruise at 68mph on a 5 hour trip and get 35.4 avg mpg. For an all wheel drive car that is amazing. my only complaint is the transmission. Its kind of rough and should really be a 6 speed. I have 10k on it now with not 1 problem."

Great little car

By on Sunday, August 31, 2008

"The Outback Sport replaced a Mazda 3 Hatchback earlier this year. For the same price as I paid for the Mazda 3-1/2 years ago (I lease all my cars), in the Subie I got AWD, more features, and far better fit and finish. I am very impressed by the solid feeling of this little, inexpensive car. My only complaint is that it could use either 20-25 more horsepower or another gear in the automatic transmission. All in all that's a small price to pay for such a great little car."

awesome

By on Wednesday, May 14, 2008

"bought it brand new, now has 13,089 miles and it runs great, is comfortable and did awesome in the mountains near park city utah all winter"

Very good!

By on Saturday, March 29, 2008

"I had this car, very nice, easy to park. thanks for the car, had accident w/ truck, car total loss, me no problem"

Performance Value

By on Sunday, July 13, 2014

Pros: "Fair Price and extremely fun to drive"

Cons: "Cabin quality need improvement, road noise"

"As the title states, this car is a great value for the performance it has to offer. It has great handling capabilities and will not hesitate to reach high speeds. The ride comfort is very smooth, sometimes its hard to know how fast your actually going without looking at the speedometer. Gas mileage could be better but, when you buy a small turbo vehicle I am sure gas mileage is not a concern. interior is comfortable and spacious for a smaller vehicle. Quality of the interior is fair enough. Road noise in the cabin does get to be annoying when driving on the highway. Sound system and radio needs quality and clarity improvement. Overall the car is good enough to handle everyday task and driving, of course improvements can be made. The low price leaves a lot of room for personal customization. Dealer options are very nice but also very pricey. I am satisfied with the car, I am actually looking to trade in for a newer model in the near future."

Great value

By on Friday, August 23, 2013

"I have a 2009 Subaru Impreza 2.5 Premium with 105,000 miles. I bought it new. Car has been great with no unscheduled maintenance. It is fun to drive, gets 28+ MPG during summer, and handles well in Minnesota winters. It is a nice looking car, and I enjoy the 5 speed manual. I have a few complaints and they are: - When first purchased, interior made a lot of popping and cracking noises. This has improved with time. - The headlight harness/wiring has been replaced on one light, and now the other is screwed up. The result is that I have been driving with 1 light on and off for some time. - When the car is warm, I have intermittent problems with the transmission sticking in 3rd and 5th gear. This occurs when I come to a stop with the car in gear. (clutch is fully depressed). - Acceleration is pretty modest - Brakes rotors need to be replaced at 105,000 miles. Maybe this is normal, I don't know. Overall, this is an exceptionally high quality car. I previous drove a Mazda Protege and before that an Acura Integra. The Subaru is a big step up in terms of quality."

Subaru Impreza

By on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pros: "great driving, great price"

Cons: "needs upgrades (heated seats etc)"

"This is the first subie I've bought, and I have to say, I will never go back. The guys at Subaru of Loveland are the nicest and sweetest guys I've ever dealt with. When I went in to look at this baby last year, the guy told me, (and I quote) "I'm not going to call you, I'm not going to harass you, I just want to get you into a car you're going to love." They never once called me about the car after I left. I called back a week later to bring my parents in to see, and it was a done deal. Best choice I ever made!"

No Regrets.

By on Monday, May 20, 2013

Pros: "Great car for the price. Fun to drive"

Cons: "Doesn't shift as smooth as an STI"

"Value: Like every other review, professional or by owners, you get the most bang for your buck with this car. This car is just awesome. Reliablilty: Car is 100% made and assembled in Japan. This car has a great track record (in regards to quality). You abuse it, expect a shorter life span. This car is meant to last and will last as long as you take care of it. Quality: Nice leather seats and the steering wheel is solid. Clean lines and the car has a nice flow to it. Driving Dynamics and Comfort: I NEVER GET TIRED OF DRIVING THIS CAR!!! Very comfortable I've taken the car on 2 hour trips and through windy roads and it handles great and still is comfortable to be in. The car handles great and the power is good. There are so many mods out there you can tune this car to your own liking so I say have at it. Just be responsible and smart about the mods. Do your research and tune the car right. Why I bought my car. The reason why I purchased this car is because my family has turned into subaru fans. It started when my brother bought an 07 STI then 2011 outback for my sister inlaw. I purchased the 2011 wrx limited brand new. I couldn't help but tweak the car a little bit to meet my WANTS. I upgraded the clutch to a Stage 1 Exedy and flywheel, along with Cobb Accessport and SF intake. Now my car is tuned to my liking. The car handles great and the power output is excellent. I like the leather seats compliment the car really well and is very comfortable. I do not use the seat warmers I live in california, no need for it really. I get a lot of compliments so I'm going to say the car stands out and of course, the friendly waves from fellow subaru owners. To this day we all still have our cars inluding the sti. They all run great and have no issues with the cars."

Great car, awesome in the snow, zero problems

By on Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Pros: "AWD, Reliability, Gas mileage, Price, Useability"

Cons: "Seats, Radio, Acceleration"

Hatchback Imprezza

"I bought this car slightly used in 2009 for a great price. I had a Legacy GT before this one, and had to replace the turbo multiple times, even though I changed the oil every 3K miles and used Premium fuel. The Imprezza may lack the kickass fun to drive of the GT, but it well made up for it in reliability and gas mileage. It's also a lot of fun to zip passed all the stuck cars in the snow! This baby is un-stoppable. The only I would have changed are better bucket seats with lumbar support, and a better radio. I swapped out the original with an after market with Sirrius, and I like it much better."

Hatchback Imprezza

2009 WRX 5 Door Premium

By on Thursday, July 19, 2012

Pros: "Super fast, precise and great long trip comfort"

Cons: "There is no downside to this car"

"I bought my WRX in 2009 having owned 3 Imprezas since 1997. The 2009 model was so much improved in performance and handling that I had to have it. 0 to 60 mph in less than 5 seconds is the stuff of $40k + sports cars - mine netted out at $28k. I did buy a set of winter wheels mounted with Yokahama all weathers - the stock Dunlop summer performance tires are miserable in snow & ice - but excellent at what they are intended for - spirited twisty road driving. There is not another car that matches the WRX 5 doors in practicallity and fun per $$. BTW - KBB says my 3 year old WRX should sell for $27k with the 20k "excellent condition" miles I have on it - so I've been driving a pure fun sports car for $1000 for 3 years???"