2008 Subaru Impreza

Based on 313 Ratings for the 2008 - 2011 models.

I love it

By on Saturday, February 28, 2009

"I've got a 2008 subaru impreza sport and i was about to go with the Mazda3 wagon then i saw subaru came out with these new body styles and i liked them a lot. When i got out of BCT i looked at subarus in '06 and didnt find them to be attractive cars but i waited and these came out i liked that it had more HP then the mazda and also AWD with better MPG then the mazda. Only sad thing was that the subie didnt have a moon roof. i bought it in march '08 and through summer it did great and this past winter i was impressed but it was compared to a 1994 ford escort hatchback. The snow packed up very quickly especially in the front wheel wells leaving maybe an inch between tire and snow. Heated seats and side mirrors proved useful and i never fished tailed or slid unless i tried very hard to do it. Space inside is comfy, sterio is a little weak but works for me. When I get back from Iraq in 2010 hopefully i wont have to upgrade to the WRX to get moon roof manual and the heated seat and mirrors in the same car. I wish they would increase the number of gears though would save on MPG. i have an average of 26 MPG in my subie 5 speed but its mostly city driving so if that tells you anything its been going down a little but i've also been pushing it to 3.5 RPM before i shift but if i shift normally i get 26 average."

Worth the money

By on Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Pros: "Fun to drive, fast, and beautiful car"

Cons: "Aux input is in an awkward place"

"Car is perfect for my needs, was my first standard car and was a blast to learn on, the clutch is very forgiving. The car features a good stock stereo, large hatch, roof racks, and comfortable seating for long trips or short drives. Since the car is all wheel drive it handles very well and takes corners amazingly."

Hands down the best car I've ever owned

By on Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Pros: "practical, safe and FUN"

Cons: "radio could be better"

"After driving in the snow and ice that shut down Atl, I am a believer. The car held the road, got where we needed to go with no drama,I loved it in good weather, I ADORE it now!For the price? I'm not sure you can find a better car. Safety features galore,AWD,and just plain FUN to drive!"

I love this car.

By on Monday, January 13, 2014

Pros: "VDC on/off control, 28/30 mpg Heat seats mirr wipe"

Cons: "Hard to shift into rev."

"With a good set of winter tires this car is unstoppable. I live in the mountains on a dirt road. I have had this car in places my neighbors won't take their SUVs. I have a hard time just trying to spin the tires in six inches of ice and snow."

Good in gas and great fun to drive

By on Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Cheap interior"

"Definitely a fun car to drive, even though only a 4 cylinder car, it performs well at take off, the all wheel handles great in the Florida rains"

Tuff Reliable and Fuel Efficient

By on Thursday, August 1, 2013

Pros: "Tuff and Reliable"

Cons: "I can't think of any"

"I have the 2010 2.5i 4 Dr Sedan. I've owned since brand new and drove it Cross Country, Rural, and City for 3 full years, and NEVER had an issue with this Great Car. I've averaged 25 MPG City and 30+ on the Highway at normal speeds. First car that never had an issue in my life. No warranty issues, mechanical, or options problems to this day. I love it!"

Fun Car

By on Sunday, February 5, 2012

"Very fun to drive. I commute about 45 miles to work everyday and it makes the drive a lot less of a hassle."

Great Winter Vehicle

By on Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive in the snow!!"

Cons: "Can't think of any."

"I absolutely love my Impreza, especially in the winter. I drive about 600 miles a week. Living in Alaska, having a vehicle that handles the snow and ice is a must. This car is a dream on icy roads. I have excellent control and comfort. I've put 75,000 miles on this car and have had minimal maintenance costs. I get my oil changed about every 6 months. Other than the brakes, I haven't had to put any money into the car. It still drives brand new. If you are looking for a car that is dependable and has minimal upkeep costs, this is it. Plus the gas mileage is pretty good. I get 30 mpg on the highway and about 24 in town. Can't complain in any way. Thank you, Subaru!"

Hands down best bang-for-the-buck!

By on Monday, September 26, 2011

Pros: "best price point ever, extremely fun, fast, awd, subaru, boxer motor, easy to clean seats"

Cons: "low quality paint"

Out in the wild.

"How can you beat ~25k for a turbocharged, all wheel drive car with a 0-60 under 5 seconds? Powerful and fun, yet still economical, 4-door, and comfortable as a daily driver. This is the best car I've ever owned, and I don't think I'll ever beat the value of this car."

Out in the wild.

just picked it up

By on Sunday, November 28, 2010

"i just picked my 2010 Subaru impreza outback wagon from my dealer, I bought it used with 2717 miles on it. I drove the vehicle 300 miles the first day in the snow and i love it. This is my 2nd Subaru and got a great deal on the car, this car is amazing and i look forward to driving may more miles"