2007 Subaru Impreza

Based on 868 Ratings for the 2002 - 2007 models.

A true love affair.

By on Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Pros: "Safe. Sporty. Practical. Versatile. Fun."

Cons: "Not great gas milage."

"I owned this car for 11 years. Had the 02 wagon. It went truly everywhere with me - from heavy gridlock interstate commuting, to 15" deep snow covered country lanes, to winding, rutted NW logging roads, to beach driving to country highway cruising, and it did it all with great aplomb. It lived life with me as a single guy in my twenties, to a married man, to a dog owner and finally to family man with two kids. It served as my sports car as much as my Home Depot hauler. It was a reliable, go everywhere, utility vehicle that had enough sportiness to it to competently hold its own against far more purpose built vehicles. Having previously been a Honda guy (a civic, an integra and an accord), this one car converted me. Sadly, last week, I got into an accident when someone bumped me from the back left, shifting my direction just enough to send me plowing straight into a 30" diameter tree just off of the side of the road. The tree didn't move and the wrx was totaled. It was a huge loss. But what I can say is that here I am, less than a week later, in reasonably good shape all because, on top of everything else brilliant about this car, it was built to be safe. The crumple zones worked flawlessly and the airbags did what they were supposed to do. Paramedics had to remove the roof to get me out, but I got out in one piece without any permanent injuries. This was the best car I have ever owned. And it saved my life."

love this car. great gas mileage, blast to drive

By on Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Pros: "relieable, fun, fast"

Cons: "you will fall in love and never want to part with"

"this car is amazing!! I own a 2006 wrx which I have now put 245,000 miles. The only things besides maintaining it that I've had to do is new struts and a new battery. I love the power and never meet a snow storm this car couldn't make it through. I've wrecked it twice once hitting an elk and the other time was t-boned by a f250. Both times I walked away with out a scratch and my insurance even fixed it at 220,000 miles with $8,000 worth of damage because they felt the car was worth more. This is the safest, most reliable funniest car to drive I've ever owned and I'm 55 years old. I've had my share of cars."

Great for 7 years old

By on Monday, November 01, 2010

"I bought this car from the original owner about 9 months ago, and I will never look back. Over the past several years I have owned a handful of cars, including a track ready muscle car, a "sleeper" Honda Civic with 260whp, and a 1995 Mustang GT. I would take this Subaru WRX over any of those cars, no hesitation at all. It really is a great car. Let's do a breakdown of the ratings I gave: Value: Less than 10k for an AWD turbocharged pocket rocket? Nothing wrong with that. There's a lot of bang for your buck here, but it is still a lot of money for a car 7 years (or so) old. Reliability: I've only had the car for less than 7 months, but my wife has owned a Subaru Tribeca for almost 3 years with no problems, and my brother's STi has been flawless since 2005. I can only imagine that this car will follow in step. No problems so far, and Subaru has a reputation for reliability. Quality: 4 stars here, only because of the hard-touch plastics all over the place. The car has good fit and finish overall, body panels line up straight, door handles have a good feel to them, nothing really feels too cheap. The doors close with a little bit of a shudder, but with frameless windows you have to expect a little of that. Performance: Have to go with 4 stars here. Subaru designed this car to be 9/10 as good as it could be. The factory shifter is a little rubbery, although only when compared to the oh-so-smooth shifter that Honda puts in their Si model. Brakes are a little softer than I would like, but I work the left pedal harder than most. Very little fade, which makes braking predictable. Throttle response is fantastic, although the car does suffer from some turbo lag in 3-5 gears. Steering feel is excellent, no complaints there. Handling is interesting: there is a little more body roll than some tightly-sprung cars out there, but it is entirely predictable and controllable. Put it this way: the car seems perfectly at ease taking a 45mph interchange at 85mph. All of the issues mentioned in ther Performance section are easily fixed if you want to venture into aftermarket parts. Styling: I LOVE how the car looks. Small spoiler out back, bug eye headlights, big fog lights, it all works for me. Some people don't like it, some do. For me, the exterior is perfect. If there is a flaw, its the common "saggy butt" issue, where the rear suspension sags a little (1/2" or so). Doesn't affect handling at all, just looks... interesting. Inside, there is a lot of hard plastic, the headliner feels a little cheap, and the colors are a little boring. Everything is black. Comfort: The front seats really are comfortable. They will hold you in place nicely during hard driving, yet your butt and back still feel OK after a 3 hour drive. The backseat is pretty small, fine for small adults or children. But who cares, you're sitting in the driver seat! The suspension isn't too stiff, but you will feel potholes and rough pavement more than in most cars. Overall, if you're an enthusiast on a budget, give this car a good hard look. Buy one that has been taken care of, not abused, and you will be very happy with your purchase."

The best STi

By on Friday, November 29, 2013

Pros: "performance"

Cons: "reliability"

"Subaru lost its way after they designed the 2005 STi; all of them since that model year have gotten progressively softer, slower and heavier. The 2005 STi is as masculine as a car can be. If you don't understand machines, stay away!"

Wow - - amazing car

By on Friday, July 13, 2012

Pros: "Amazing handling, Great power / mileage"

Cons: "Lack of cup holders"

"Having worked for a Subaru dealership in the service department, I have seen some aspects of these cars that most people do not. The engineering is solid, the AWD is amazing - both in ride and handling. It is well integrated, and very smooth. This car is driven about 50 miles each way to work, on rural twisty, windy roads with lots of rough paved surfaces. Has had a handling package (struts / lowering springs / stabilizers) that do make it ride a bit rough, but also makes the drive a breeze, even in snow or ice. Both my wife and I agree; this car is amazing to drive. Turbo gives it amazing passing power for the hills and curves in the Ozarks. Even with all this, it gets 26 mpg on those roads, 29 on interstate. One last thing - room in back seat is adequate for taller teenagers without being overly cramped."