2006 Subaru Impreza

Based on 881 Ratings for the 2002 - 2007 models.

Wonderfully reliable and great handling 4WD car.

By on Sunday, June 26, 2016

Pros: "Handles great on icy or snow packed roads."

Cons: "Not as comfortable as my previo 1998 Imprezza."

"Wonderfully reliable and great handling 4WD compact. 4 spd automatic transmission is great in the mountains for engine braking on long descents. Only complaint is that it is not as comfortable on long hauls as my previous 1998 Impreza. Great little car!"

My favorite car!

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "Good MPG,easy to maintain,fun to drive,good value"

Cons: "back seat is a bit tight and seats dont fold down"

"I bought this car because it has great consumer reviews overall, it is fantastic in the snow, and I generally get at a minimum 24 mpg (most being 28 and least being 22). I have not gotten stuck in the snow to this day and don't believe I could unless I was driving in more than 3 feet of snow (car height)! With the crazy snow New England we had is 2010-2011 I can't imagine having another car in my life. I have had Honda's and Saturn's but this car takes the cake. I will never buy a car other than a Subaru ever!"

FAST!!!

By on Monday, July 2, 2012

Pros: "Fast, handling, AWD, fuel economy is not terrible."

Cons: "Harsh ride, small interior"

"Very fast, handles like a dream but don’t take it on any long rides as the suspension is very unforgiving. That being said it's not made for comfort it's made to preform and preform it does. 6 speed is smooth and has great low end power for a 4 cylinder. The AWD system is top notch, very fun in the snow. This car is not for everyone but anyone wanting the best bang for their buck should take a look at one of these."

Awesome! High performance, 20+ MPG, Very reliable

By on Saturday, March 5, 2011

"I had a 2004 VW Jetta 1.8 Turbo and thought that was quick. I drove one of these and was in love! A few months later I had the Jetta sold and an 07 WRX in my driveway! The performance is just awesome, it will throw you back in your seat and put a smile on your face! I love flying by American muscle cars while getting 22 MPG. The interior is nice. The seat are very supportive, you do not move while cornering. I have the "carbon fiber knit seats" whith grey trim they are very sports and nice looking and are comfortable. The 6 disc changer and MP3 auxillary are very nice feature. However, storage is VERY limited and the interior does not live up to that of my Jetta (VW has some of the most gorgeous interiors I have been in). WRX's are SUPER reliable, Subaru has one of the best engines on the road. They are always receiving the highest marks from Consumer Reports and are a Best Buy for used cars. Do a bit of research on all of the awards Subie wins, it is absolutley crazy because they seem to win everything and rarely use that as advertising. I once read this on Subaru's facebook, " You date Hondas Toyotas and Fords, but marry a Subaru" It is true, you will be a lifetime Subaru owner. Subaru is unlike any company out there they send their owners gifts and promos (you do have to watch Facebook or go to their site where you can have a "My Subaru" and track everything with YOUR car). Truly an awesome car and an amazing company!"

All that and a bag of...

By on Wednesday, November 14, 2007

"This car is a beast. Got it to 143 and she wants more. Any reviews about the interior ammenities complaining how it's bumpy or has a bad sound system are missing the point. This car is about AWD, Turbo, 300HP, 2.5L 4Cyl, Honda punishing, Evo spanking, rally ready fun. I took it on a 1000 mi round trip and it was not uncomfortable unless you just got done driving a Merceds. Did I miss anything? Oh, my wife hates it cause she can't apply makeup in the car (stiff suspension)...There is another plus ;o) Enjoy."

A fantastic car with unmatched control

By on Wednesday, October 5, 2016

"This car is easily my best purchase. I spent about 7k total for the purchase with new tires and all new fluids. The car runs like a dream and the stick is tight and the gear ratio is short but fun. The SAWD is just fantastic for any weather scenario and allows for high RPM launches, Not to mention the fantastic sound of that boxer engine :)"

Best car I have ever owned!

By on Sunday, August 21, 2016

Pros: "Superb reliability, fun to drive."

Cons: "Fewer safety features than new cars"

"This car purchased new by me in 2004. It has proven to be bullet proof during my commute to work in CT. and now as a retiree in Maine. The clutch and exhaust are the original ones and I can count on a consistent 25 MPG. Other than replacing a leaking coolant overflow tank and valve cover gaskets at around 170,00 miles, only normal maintenance in 12 years! Oh yeh, it also cranks when needed and there has been absolutely no problem with the turbo charger. Do I sound convinced? Not sure what is out there now as a replacement. It also looks and runs like new."

I really enjoy my 06 WRX Limited sedan!

By on Thursday, January 30, 2014

Pros: "AWD, body styling, leather, 6 disc, sun roof, fun"

Cons: "premium gas, rear seat doesnt go down, cheap radio"

My 06 Wrx Limited in Downtown Detroit, MI #FWDLOL

"Really like my Wrx, only real complaint is the back seat doesn't go down. There is a pass thru in the middle of the seats but its not even big enough to get my snowboard thru. The AWD is great in the snow though, with snow tires I have yet to lose full control. Average 21 mpg and the exhaust sound is one of a kind! Highly recommend!"

My 06 Wrx Limited in Downtown Detroit, MI #FWDLOL

Good car for the price

By on Thursday, February 7, 2013

Pros: "Fun to Drive, Snow, Reliable, Storage, Longevity"

Cons: "Road Noise, Fogged-over headlamps"

"I've been a Subaru owner since I bought my first Suby at 16. I found an auto tech professor at my local community college fixing up a 2002 Subaru 2.5T Wagon conveniently after my old Forester tanked (at 310k). I bought the car that day and couldn't be happier. The drive is peppy and full of torque, and I've never been stuck in the NY snow. Salt doesn't even phase this Subaru. I'd caution others like me looking at older Subys with the 2.5L because of head gasket issues and other issues associated with high mileage. Though not all Subaru vehicles are equal, there are twice as many 300k Suby mile-clubbers as there are folks with horror stories. A good brand and even better car. Recommend!"

The WRX has been a great car to own

By on Friday, November 30, 2012

Pros: "Function buttons all have multiple uses."

Cons: "need heated side mirrors"

"everything you touch is quality. The ride is smooth and quick. I have owned GTI-VW, Turbo-Eagle Talon, 327 SS Impala 1969, Mustang convertable 1969. Seats are adjustable to fit (I am short)."