2003 Subaru Impreza

Based on 881 Ratings for the 2002 - 2007 models.

Best car I have ever owned!

By on Sunday, August 21, 2016

Pros: "Superb reliability, fun to drive."

Cons: "Fewer safety features than new cars"

"This car purchased new by me in 2004. It has proven to be bullet proof during my commute to work in CT. and now as a retiree in Maine. The clutch and exhaust are the original ones and I can count on a consistent 25 MPG. Other than replacing a leaking coolant overflow tank and valve cover gaskets at around 170,00 miles, only normal maintenance in 12 years! Oh yeh, it also cranks when needed and there has been absolutely no problem with the turbo charger. Do I sound convinced? Not sure what is out there now as a replacement. It also looks and runs like new."

I really enjoy my 06 WRX Limited sedan!

By on Thursday, January 30, 2014

Pros: "AWD, body styling, leather, 6 disc, sun roof, fun"

Cons: "premium gas, rear seat doesnt go down, cheap radio"

My 06 Wrx Limited in Downtown Detroit, MI #FWDLOL

"Really like my Wrx, only real complaint is the back seat doesn't go down. There is a pass thru in the middle of the seats but its not even big enough to get my snowboard thru. The AWD is great in the snow though, with snow tires I have yet to lose full control. Average 21 mpg and the exhaust sound is one of a kind! Highly recommend!"

My 06 Wrx Limited in Downtown Detroit, MI #FWDLOL

Good car for the price

By on Thursday, February 7, 2013

Pros: "Fun to Drive, Snow, Reliable, Storage, Longevity"

Cons: "Road Noise, Fogged-over headlamps"

"I've been a Subaru owner since I bought my first Suby at 16. I found an auto tech professor at my local community college fixing up a 2002 Subaru 2.5T Wagon conveniently after my old Forester tanked (at 310k). I bought the car that day and couldn't be happier. The drive is peppy and full of torque, and I've never been stuck in the NY snow. Salt doesn't even phase this Subaru. I'd caution others like me looking at older Subys with the 2.5L because of head gasket issues and other issues associated with high mileage. Though not all Subaru vehicles are equal, there are twice as many 300k Suby mile-clubbers as there are folks with horror stories. A good brand and even better car. Recommend!"

The WRX has been a great car to own

By on Friday, November 30, 2012

Pros: "Function buttons all have multiple uses."

Cons: "need heated side mirrors"

"everything you touch is quality. The ride is smooth and quick. I have owned GTI-VW, Turbo-Eagle Talon, 327 SS Impala 1969, Mustang convertable 1969. Seats are adjustable to fit (I am short)."

Loved this car the 2 years i had it.

By on Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Reason: equity

Pros: "Fast, fun, sporty, turbo, reliable."

Cons: "Oil filter location,fuel economy,Fabric dimples."

"I researched a variety of cars before choosing this one 2 years ago. I wanted something sporty and 4 doors. This one fit the bill perfectly. I paid a premium just to get blue color that Subaru enthusiast love. The first time i drove a wrx i felt like i was in a tank, i felt secure and i could literary feel the car grip the ground with all wheel drive. This car was great during the winter, no excuses for coming into work late because of a snow storm. It was definitely very peppy even though is was the little brother of the STI. Even though i put performance parts on this car (i took it from 220 hp to 285 safely) I had absoulutley no problems with it, with or without performance parts. My favorite feature even though this may not sound like much, i loved the cup holder that popped out of the dash. Some of the things i didn't like about the car. Stock sound was not that impressive. The fabric that covered the seats was nice but poppy seeds to dirt got stuck in the dimples and was hard to clean. Oil filter was a huge pain to get to under the car."