1994 Subaru Impreza

Based on 261 Ratings for the 1993 - 2001 models.

I love my subaru

By on Monday, November 30, 2009

"I've owned the impreza for 12 years. It is the most dependable car I've ever owned. It takes me skiing no problem - the all wheel drive is terrific. I can't believe after 12 years that it has retained value as well as it has. Over the 12 years I've owned it it cost me $1,200 per year (purchase price less current value)."

if only they built more cars like this

By on Wednesday, August 8, 2007

"in 2000, i searched for almost 2 months for my 4-dr blue 5-speed 2.5rs...it was worth the search now i think about it. they didn't make a lot of these 4-dr blue rs back then...so i search almost the entire state of california for it...when i finally found one in the south, i didn't think and just grabbed it. i still think it is the coolest looking design for this car...most importantly, i have over 148k miles on it and only regular maintenance and a new clutch, brakes, etc. i am sad i just have to sell it as i don't drive it much anymore. i will definitely miss it. but i have photos to keep at the very least."

Subarus are the greatest automobiles. Great value.

By on Sunday, December 23, 2012

"This is the third Subaru I have owned. I just love these cars. Very reliable."

My first car, best I will ever own.

By on Saturday, January 7, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, Excellent build quality, great engine"

Cons: "Small, Not enough leg room"

"I bought this vehicle used, and have owned it for over 8 years now. Considering it was already 10 years old; I have had to do very little maintenance besides tires and brakes. Very reliable, never had a break down. Great car, fun to drive. Never had any engine problems. The design is great, although it could give the driver a bit more leg room. I am six feet tall, and feel a bit cramped when I drive it. Have had a few plastic parts break on the interior, but besides that, no complaints! My first car, and the best car I will ever own."

great little car

By on Thursday, May 28, 2009

"I have had this car for 7 years and have never had a problem with it. I've beaten it up and drove it everywhere and it never stops. 200k + and it still runs like the day i got it."

'95 Impreza: Simply Good

By on Tuesday, February 12, 2008

"I own this '95 Impreza L AWD, Auto, with 2.2L for about 6 months. This is simply a great and reliable car. My observed fuel economy is 22 mph city and 29 mpg highway. The AWD is great. It's not as unstoppable as, say, a Jeep Cherokee, but it'll get you out from sticky situations 99% of the time. I often drive to work at 5am before the roads are plowed and this car drives thru 5" of snow with no problem. There were 3 problems that came with the car at the time of purchase: (1) Leaky RF axle bearing seal (2) Defective knock sensor (causing hesitation) (3) Defective coolant temp sensor (prevent engine from starting). All are fixed now. Comfort level is just OK, certainly not up to par with the newest compact cars, but no complaint for daily driver and freeway driving under 4 hours. The only thing I wish to have in this car is a 5-speed manual."

Solid as a rock

By on Sunday, January 20, 2008

"My OBS with 148,000 miles has never left me stranded. I even drove it off the highway into a tree and then drove out of the ditch and back home. Really solid car. The 2.2 L engine is much more reliable than the 2.5 L engine in the larger Outback, although it is a bit underpowered. All wheel drive comes in handy more often than you would expect."

1997 OB Sport

By on Friday, December 21, 2007

"The heater core went bad at 40K, but that was it. 180K on it now, and it has been through lots of ice and snow and salt with no complaints. Still looks pretty too. I've just put routine upkeep into it. It is very easy to work on and modify! Driver's seat was not at all comfortable for 6h+ drives, so I put in one from a Legacy. The gas mileage has always been low- 22mpg at 80mph, 28 at 55mph."

Do not pass it up!!!

By on Thursday, October 11, 2007

"I love this car! This is my 3rd Subaru, and I could not be happier. It is also my second Impreza. The first was a 93 which died in an accident. I fell in love at first sight. Safe, good looking, reliable and inexpensive. AWD is great in the snow and rain. You can buzz around all the slower cars on the highway and still get great gas millage. The 2.2 boxer engine is filled full of all kinds of get up and go. If you are thinking of getting any other car... Go take a look at the other Subaru models like the Forrester which is my 3rd Subaru by chance. Before I go, the 93 that died in that accident, I just wanted to say that it was totaled. As far as my wife and kids we all walked away with just a few bruises and thats it."

best vehicle I've ever owned

By on Tuesday, July 24, 2007

"I bought my 2000 RS back in '02 and I've enjoyed every aspect of owning it. I've gotten a lot of comments about how attractive it is and I as well love the styling. It's extremely easy to work on and a very well put together car. I have made a lot of 1000+ mile long road trips in the car and I can't tell you how comfortable it is. Overall this is a GREAT car and I'm very happy with it."

this car is all around worth every penny and more

By on Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, reliable,saves money on repair cost,"

"SUBARU there is no other out there that can compare to this car its not the fastest or even the best looking but this car is unstopable in many ways. my impreza l 2.2 has been in and out of more then any car deserves to be put thru and time after time it never fails to amaze. alot of people say as long as it gets from a to b then thats all that matters, well the sube goes from a-and every where in between and right back to a and with confidence and pride."

dependable

By on Tuesday, February 15, 2011

"With basic maintenance and a little care, this car could just keep going"

best car i've owned

By on Friday, March 27, 2009

"great overall, only a few minor problems. seats are uncomfortable on long trips, slight rust behind rear wheels, and my AC doesn't work"

Exceeded my expectations!!

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2008

"I bought this car specifically for driving from the central valley up to bear valley ski resort every weekend, and it's been through 2 snow seasons of driving up there every weekend (I put over 30K miles on it in a year!) and I have yet to have any problem that prevented me from doing that! I just change the oil every 3K miles and keep my tune-ups up to date and she is on the road! Even on icy, snow covered roads, my Subaru troops right through! I love it!! I'll never get anything but Subaru from here on out!!"

Extremely Reliable, Great in Snow

By on Wednesday, February 6, 2008

"I've had a '96 for over 6 years and Ilove it. I'm now looking to upgrade to a newer version. We've had 3 feet of snow this winter and as usual it works great. I definately recommend this vehicle."

an awesome car

By on Sunday, November 25, 2007

"i bought my 00 rs new. ive beat the heck out of the car and it asks for more. ive driven through everything. i have 108k miles and 85000 have been rally style. i looked at newer sti's but no way. ive modified a little maybe 30 more horses and thats good enough. ill go to my grave with this car next to me. i love my car."

Wonderful Car

By on Thursday, November 8, 2007

"I purchased this car from my mother when my father passed away. They bought it new in 1998 and it only had 64,000 miles on it when I took posession of it in April 2007. The first week I had it I took it on a road trip to Seattle, WA, from Utah. What a great little car. It handled well on the road through all the rain there and back. The gas mileage was incredible. The cargo space in the hatchback will accomodate the largest of loads with the seat down. There is plenty of room throughout the car. I am happy with the purchase and hope to drive it a million miles."

fun car

By on Tuesday, November 6, 2007

"never a problem"

11 years and going

By on Sunday, October 28, 2007

"I have been the original owner of the 96 Impreza Outback and am still in awe of its reliability and performance. I'm a big believer in service, but aside from regular oil changes, tires, and occasional tune-ups this car has been virtually maintanence free. Are all Subaru owners this satisfied..."

Very good value

By on Friday, September 14, 2007

"Bulit with quality in all areas, reliable, great MPG (36 avg.), handles well, solid construction, very good performance for a 2.2 L 4 cyl. The ride even over rough terrain is impressive; I live in the Rocky Moutains in western MT. so I do drive the car on rough mountain roads...no problems."

Lots O' Miles

By on Sunday, August 5, 2007

"Bought my '97 used in 2003 with 140k on it. Friends thought I was crazy for purchasing such a high mileage vehicle. It now has 200k and still running strong. I put a new clutch and front brakes on it but that has been it. The state inspection this year showed that it needs new rear struts but besides that it passed with flying colors. This is my first Subey but not my last."

Great car, it just keeps running!

By on Thursday, February 7, 2013

Pros: "All-around, All-weather car! Good milage!"

Cons: "A little noisy at highway speeds, passing power."

"This is the ultimate all-around car! I purchased this used from the local Subaru dealer about five years ago. It was second-hand with about 45,000 miles. I have driven this car daily in all kinds of weather, from 100F+ to -20F. It starts, it runs, it handles and drives very well. It averages 21 MPG in town, and 28 MPG on the highway. I have driven it in snow, ice, and slush that left full-size SUVs stuck. The Subaru just plugs on through! You can fit an amazing amount of gear or cargo in this car. I guess my only complaints are fairly minor. It is a little noisy at highway speeds, not so much the engine or drive train, but wind noise. The other small complaint is that it seems to be a little under-powered for passing. Power in most other situations seems to be more than adequate. I love this car!"

One of the most funnest cars I've driven

By on Friday, January 13, 2012

Pros: "Great fun car to drive reliable"

Cons: "Expensive to do mods to. Great rally platform!!!!"

"One of the funnest cars I've driven, even with 292,000 miles and still going it runs like a new car. Still smooth,shifts smooth. It almost has a go-cart like steering and drivability to it. My fist and not my last Impreza wagon"

225,000 miles and still running strong...

By on Sunday, October 9, 2011

Pros: "mountain/snow driving, general reliability"

Cons: "low clearance"

"Fantastic car, I have the Imprezza Outback Sport. I bought it with 80,000 miles and now it has over 225,000 miles. It has driven from Colorado to Alaska twice, down to Florida and tons of commuter miles between Summit County and Kremmling. It out maneuvers our huge American work trucks in the snow. I have driven it all over the place and only got it stuck once (had to dig the tire out in about 2 minutes and then was able to drive out of it), never had to put chains on it. The only downside is the VERY low clearance. I always joked about getting a lift kit, and I probably should have. It would have been the perfect mountain car then! We are thinking of up grading and are so sad to part with this car..."

Coolest little car ever!!

By on Friday, August 19, 2011

Pros: "never gets stuck!!"

Cons: "high commodity, people want what isn't theirs:("

"I have had my Subaru for a few years now. I love this car!! I have taken it everywhere, including across the nation a few times in every kind of driving condition:) The downside, It has been stolen twice (I guess everyone loves my little subaru)!!! I have gotten it back both times...a little more dinged up, but she is a trooper! Still going strong at almost 200,000 miles with nothing major replaced!!! Best car I have ever had:)"