1994 Subaru Impreza

Based on 261 Ratings for the 1993 - 2001 models.

I love my subaru

By on Monday, November 30, 2009

"I've owned the impreza for 12 years. It is the most dependable car I've ever owned. It takes me skiing no problem - the all wheel drive is terrific. I can't believe after 12 years that it has retained value as well as it has. Over the 12 years I've owned it it cost me $1,200 per year (purchase price less current value)."

if only they built more cars like this

By on Wednesday, August 8, 2007

"in 2000, i searched for almost 2 months for my 4-dr blue 5-speed 2.5rs...it was worth the search now i think about it. they didn't make a lot of these 4-dr blue rs back then...so i search almost the entire state of california for it...when i finally found one in the south, i didn't think and just grabbed it. i still think it is the coolest looking design for this car...most importantly, i have over 148k miles on it and only regular maintenance and a new clutch, brakes, etc. i am sad i just have to sell it as i don't drive it much anymore. i will definitely miss it. but i have photos to keep at the very least."

Subarus are the greatest automobiles. Great value.

By on Sunday, December 23, 2012

"This is the third Subaru I have owned. I just love these cars. Very reliable."

My first car, best I will ever own.

By on Saturday, January 7, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, Excellent build quality, great engine"

Cons: "Small, Not enough leg room"

"I bought this vehicle used, and have owned it for over 8 years now. Considering it was already 10 years old; I have had to do very little maintenance besides tires and brakes. Very reliable, never had a break down. Great car, fun to drive. Never had any engine problems. The design is great, although it could give the driver a bit more leg room. I am six feet tall, and feel a bit cramped when I drive it. Have had a few plastic parts break on the interior, but besides that, no complaints! My first car, and the best car I will ever own."

great little car

By on Thursday, May 28, 2009

"I have had this car for 7 years and have never had a problem with it. I've beaten it up and drove it everywhere and it never stops. 200k + and it still runs like the day i got it."

'95 Impreza: Simply Good

By on Tuesday, February 12, 2008

"I own this '95 Impreza L AWD, Auto, with 2.2L for about 6 months. This is simply a great and reliable car. My observed fuel economy is 22 mph city and 29 mpg highway. The AWD is great. It's not as unstoppable as, say, a Jeep Cherokee, but it'll get you out from sticky situations 99% of the time. I often drive to work at 5am before the roads are plowed and this car drives thru 5" of snow with no problem. There were 3 problems that came with the car at the time of purchase: (1) Leaky RF axle bearing seal (2) Defective knock sensor (causing hesitation) (3) Defective coolant temp sensor (prevent engine from starting). All are fixed now. Comfort level is just OK, certainly not up to par with the newest compact cars, but no complaint for daily driver and freeway driving under 4 hours. The only thing I wish to have in this car is a 5-speed manual."

Solid as a rock

By on Sunday, January 20, 2008

"My OBS with 148,000 miles has never left me stranded. I even drove it off the highway into a tree and then drove out of the ditch and back home. Really solid car. The 2.2 L engine is much more reliable than the 2.5 L engine in the larger Outback, although it is a bit underpowered. All wheel drive comes in handy more often than you would expect."

1997 OB Sport

By on Friday, December 21, 2007

"The heater core went bad at 40K, but that was it. 180K on it now, and it has been through lots of ice and snow and salt with no complaints. Still looks pretty too. I've just put routine upkeep into it. It is very easy to work on and modify! Driver's seat was not at all comfortable for 6h+ drives, so I put in one from a Legacy. The gas mileage has always been low- 22mpg at 80mph, 28 at 55mph."

Do not pass it up!!!

By on Thursday, October 11, 2007

"I love this car! This is my 3rd Subaru, and I could not be happier. It is also my second Impreza. The first was a 93 which died in an accident. I fell in love at first sight. Safe, good looking, reliable and inexpensive. AWD is great in the snow and rain. You can buzz around all the slower cars on the highway and still get great gas millage. The 2.2 boxer engine is filled full of all kinds of get up and go. If you are thinking of getting any other car... Go take a look at the other Subaru models like the Forrester which is my 3rd Subaru by chance. Before I go, the 93 that died in that accident, I just wanted to say that it was totaled. As far as my wife and kids we all walked away with just a few bruises and thats it."

best vehicle I've ever owned

By on Tuesday, July 24, 2007

"I bought my 2000 RS back in '02 and I've enjoyed every aspect of owning it. I've gotten a lot of comments about how attractive it is and I as well love the styling. It's extremely easy to work on and a very well put together car. I have made a lot of 1000+ mile long road trips in the car and I can't tell you how comfortable it is. Overall this is a GREAT car and I'm very happy with it."