2009 Subaru Forester

8.0

Based on 266 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

Really great little vehicle

By on Sunday, November 18, 2012

Pros: "Great for shorter folk; lots of storage areas"

Cons: "Bad base radio, not for large families"

"I like my little car. Got new, 30K miles and no mechanical problems. Great car for short folk (I'm 5'2") with driver and steering wheel adjusts. TV ad with lady and all the kids and their stuff? Uh, no... With grandson's car seat, there's room for one small adult in back seat, no more. Not a car for someone with lots of kids and stuff. I didn't want moonroof but it came with. It leaked badly. Turned in, got rental, fixed in 3 days. Radio is NOT good. I get better mileage than advertised: 24 in town, 27 or better highway."

a trusted, comfortable workhorse

By on Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Pros: "Comfortable and trustworthy to drive"

"It takes us where we want to go when we want to go. With all the snow we get in northern New York, this vehicle is critical. And we have driven to Oklahoma and back, comfortably, 3 times. It gets terrific gas mileage even when loaded down with people, pets and cargo."

Great visibility, 4WD the best, comfortable

By on Thursday, August 28, 2014

Pros: "Great in all kinds of weather, visibility great"

Cons: "Check engine light!"

"I got this car when it was 1 year old with 85,000 miles. My local dealer said it was a good buy. It had been owned by a corp., probably driven by sales personnel. Upkeep and maintenance was recorded and done on time. I like the car. But... I have 114000 miles on it now, the check engine light is on. The computer says its the catalytic converter. I've done a cleaning treatment three times and the light continues to come back on. I just replaced all 4 brakes for $684 which kills me since I want to sell it real soon. I doubt I'll get my money back. Strange that I took it to a Subaru dealer Wednesday to have the brake lines checked (on a recall) and when I got it back they told me about the brakes. I declined to have them do them and had my own guy work on them. I never had a problem till Subaru had the car. Coincidence? Probably."

First Car Purchase

By on Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Pros: "handles great, roomy, comfort, travel friendly"

Cons: "maintenance expense"

"This is the first vehicle I purchased on my own. While nervous about making such a big investment, I'm happy to say that my Forester has not let me down one bit! Because I commute about 80 miles (round-trip) to work every day the oil change/maintenance expenses are more than I'd really like, but even when it's close to being due it still runs like a champ. Great gas mileage for an SUV, espeically on the highway. First long distance trip (KS to Vegas), a plane ticket cost about the same as gas. At least by driving I got to stop and experience some things I wanted to along the way! Also, has tons of leg room that makes travelling a breeze. Handled well through the mountains and this winter in some crazy blizzard conditions. Plenty of cup holders and storage compartments. If there's one thing I hate about some cars is the lack of these features! While I don't keep a ton of stuff in my car, I need cup holders, place to put insurance, or keep things we tend to need (like pens, tire pressure checker thing, cd holder)."

A GREAT Car

By on Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Pros: "Everything--especially handling in bad weather."

Cons: "Need keyless start."

"Our second Forester. Live in snow country--it just keeps going--and no chains for us when chains are required on the Pass for non-AWD/4WD. It's comfortable, a pleasure to drive. We leave the back seats down unless we have passengers so there's room for all the extra stuff we keep in the car and the dogs. We average about 23-24 mpg in winter and 26-27 in summer and a year's average of 25 mpg with mostly highway driving but lots of hills that suck up the gas. Our next car will be a Forester."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Subaru Forester near Honolulu. See local deals