2000 Subaru Forester

Based on 318 Ratings for the 1998 - 2003 models.

The Best All Around Vehicle Ever

By on Friday, January 25, 2008

"I get close to 30mpg on the highway and with the all wheel drive I still go more places than my friends do with their big 4x4s. It handles really good in the snow. In fact I drove it out on the lake to go ice fishing. I got close to getting stuck a couple times, but when you are motoring through up to 2 feet of snow I was very impressed!!! I've owned two fullsized trucks and a jeep before this forester and I still go through the woods and snow like I used to. This car is the BEST overal buy on the market period."

Versatility Quality Cost Efficient Work Horse

By on Saturday, June 11, 2016

Pros: "Low maintenance. Safe in All Weather"

Cons: "Wee bit of coaxing over steep steep mountains"

"This is a safe, dependable, cost effective, vehicle. I have 156k on it and it runs like a top! Replaced front seat-belts when they would no longer pull out and retract properly. This car is amazing. Hope to keep driving her forever!!"

Saved my sons life!!!

By on Thursday, September 2, 2010

"I've owned this car since 2001, always reliable no major issues, just routine maintenace. My son recieved his license in June. It just took a glace away from the road (no cell phone or texting) and he hit a telephone pole. The pole broke in two and the car was totaled. All he had was brusing and a sprained ankle. The Forester took all the brunt and goes to show that it is well built and a safe vehicel. Time to buy another one."

Bought Subaru saved on insurance Bought used saved

By on Sunday, July 22, 2012

Pros: "Good Price Used, Saves on Insurance"

Cons: "`03 is outdated and used Love the 2010 allweather"

"Subaru`s have been very very Good for me, We have mom`s 1991, have leased an 06 Tribecca saved on insurance, leased then bought an 09 Forester, (insurance on two cars less than our daughters 2002 Maxima) Bought this 03 in April as a back up for the 1991 both have less than 100K so still young. In May the 09 was destroyed in a head-on, just purchased a 10 used of course. If you only need room for five consider a Forester. (note) we had a Toyota for a rental WORST CAR EVER poor handling and cannot see out rear window !!! no wonder Toyota drivers always ride their brakes!!"

Good family car

By on Wednesday, July 7, 2010

"I bought this car just over a year and a half ago when we decided to have our second child and it is great for that purpose. I have 2 car seats (1 toddler seat and 1 infant seat) and usually an 80lb dog in the car. My only issue is the passenger seat has to be closer to the dash than most people like because I cannot fit the infant seat behind my seat (and I'm only 5'6"), the back seat needs to be further back. I have also had to replace both O2 sensors and a CV shaft but since I bought it with 119K, that's not a big deal. That said, it's good in the snow, gets good gas mileage, and handles really well, I enjoy driving this car."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Subaru Forester near Honolulu. See local deals