1999 Subaru Forester

Based on 314 Ratings for the 1998 - 2003 models.

Amazing car

By on Friday, July 22, 2016

Pros: "reliability, longevity"

Cons: "Oil leakage after 200k (!!!)"

"This is my wife's car, she loves it and has bonded significantly. It's not my type of vehicle but I'm amazed at what I've (not) had to do to it in 300k miles. Used synthetic oil, changed the trans fluid and filter regularly, and it still runs great. Original axles, did the brakes a few times, plugs, filters, etc....the only issue is the typical oil head-gasket leakage. I just keep my eye on the oil level and call it good. I can't believe a car can go 300k with nothing but routine maintenance."

The Best All Around Vehicle Ever

By on Friday, January 25, 2008

"I get close to 30mpg on the highway and with the all wheel drive I still go more places than my friends do with their big 4x4s. It handles really good in the snow. In fact I drove it out on the lake to go ice fishing. I got close to getting stuck a couple times, but when you are motoring through up to 2 feet of snow I was very impressed!!! I've owned two fullsized trucks and a jeep before this forester and I still go through the woods and snow like I used to. This car is the BEST overal buy on the market period."

Versatility Quality Cost Efficient Work Horse

By on Saturday, June 11, 2016

Pros: "Low maintenance. Safe in All Weather"

Cons: "Wee bit of coaxing over steep steep mountains"

"This is a safe, dependable, cost effective, vehicle. I have 156k on it and it runs like a top! Replaced front seat-belts when they would no longer pull out and retract properly. This car is amazing. Hope to keep driving her forever!!"

Saved my sons life!!!

By on Thursday, September 2, 2010

"I've owned this car since 2001, always reliable no major issues, just routine maintenace. My son recieved his license in June. It just took a glace away from the road (no cell phone or texting) and he hit a telephone pole. The pole broke in two and the car was totaled. All he had was brusing and a sprained ankle. The Forester took all the brunt and goes to show that it is well built and a safe vehicel. Time to buy another one."

A solid all-weather vehicle

By on Monday, September 8, 2008

"This is an excellent vehiclewhich I've driven in torrential rain and winter snow. It has held up wonderfully. The backseat is a little on the small side, but the performance is wonderful."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Subaru Forester near Honolulu. See local deals