2014 Subaru BRZ Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $25,039 - $25,576.

10/7.9

9.7

Based on 10 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

9.8/10
    10.0/10
    9.9/10
Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10

Great daily driver

By on Thursday, January 02, 2014

Pros: "Fun, great MPG, head turning beauty"

Cons: "about 20HP would be great"

"I see they rate the honda for higher mpg, not true! I get better with this even with the manual, and it is so much more fun to drive than my accord coupe! Its smaller, but comfortable for driver /pass. Handles good in dry and wet, Better than expected in snow with Blizak winter tires. Makes the drive to work enjoyable, but really shines on back rds where you use the gear box ;-)"

great sport for the price

By on Saturday, November 02, 2013

Pros: "fun fun fun to drive."

Cons: "limited back seating, iffy nav system"

"picked up the car yesterday. Great driving sports car. Tight sterling, nice acceleration, very responsive and fun to drive. The look of the car is incredible. It is a hard ride not soft or mushy. The audio system sounds good to me, I am 62 and probably have some hearing loss (too much load rock n roll in my past). Music choices are numerous. Streaming from smartphone (spotify, itunes etc.) cd player (not sure who used these)something call aha which is smartphone app with customized station and yelp assisted finders for gas, food etc. Not sure about the nav system. Has back seats, but have legs would not be an options. It is virtually a two seater. No power seats, but dual zone ac is good and seat warmer. Very comfortable seats. I think its a great car for the price."

BRZ is the complete package

By on Tuesday, January 22, 2013

TRACK DAY AT COTA

"If you are looking for a affordable, reliable, dynamic, practical and just plain fun car then look no further. I picked my up in New York and drove the 2600 miles back to Dallas. Drive was very comfortable and MPG was unbelievable. At only 200hp the car is still very capable of delivering a incredible driving experience. I just wrapped up a track day at the new F1 track in Austin and besides giving the pass to faster cars ont the straights, the BRZ was kicking butt where it counts, in the corners. Man does this car handle. I have 5k on it and have been able to squeeze some more power/torque via a catback exhaust and cold air intake. Though no monstrous HP gains it definitely helps. Also added Stoptech brake pads, huge difference. Granted, these are updates for track use so other wise the car bone stock is more than enough. Highly recommend buying the interior trim from JPM Coach. Really makes the cabin come together. All in all, fantastic drivers/family/daily driver's car."

TRACK DAY AT COTA

Great handling machine, a bit too much road noise

By on Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great handling. Superb MPG"

Cons: "Road Noise is annoying"

Taking a rest at the park

"Excellent car for a weekend get away, driving around town, or the old fashion Sunday drive. The MPG is exceptional and this car is really fun to drive. Long trips are taxing on body and road noise is annoying."

Taking a rest at the park

A blast to drive -- Attracts gawkers

By on Monday, November 12, 2012

Pros: "Awesome handling, great design aesthetics, value!"

Cons: "Touch screen navigation is icky"

Not the best photo, but there it is. Love the WR Blue Pearl paint.

"We've been Subie fans for well over a decade. When I saw the BRZ announcement and the early reviews, I knew I found the replacement for my Subaru Legacy GT. We've put about 575 miles on the car in a couple of weeks. Still babying the engine during the 1,000 mi break-in, so I have not explored the higher rev regime. That being said, this car will make anyone drive like a pro. It is sure-footed and instills confidence in driving. For fun I've tossed the car through a few corners and it is amazing how well the car goes hard through corners. Accelerate going around the cloverleaf to enter the highway, you bet, love the G's! The seats are like big hugs and hold you firmly in place. The car just seems to love going in something other than a straight line. The instrument panel at night is wonderful on the eyes. As a pilot, I've always loved red instrument panels because it is better for your night vision. Another cool feature on the Limited model is a projection adjustment on the HID head-lights. You can point them more down toward the road, or with a turn of a button raise them up to look farther down the road. This is a driver's car. If you love cars, love engineering, and love driving, you'll dig this car immensely. It isn't a screamer. For people that need lots of HP to over-compensate for something this is not the car for you. Handling, yes, power, so-so. At 200 HP the power to weight ratio is just dandy unless you are going to the track to race. There is a long waiting list for these cars. They are on allocation to the dealers. Ours took 9 months to come in to our dealer. I've heard rumors that Subaru is releasing 6,000 per year in the US market. That is NOT a lot. As soon as it shows up in "Fast and Furious" next year, the demand is only going up. I'm betting these cars hold their value very well over time. This car attracts a LOT of attention. Every time my wife and I come out of the market or she from her office, people are walking around the car looking in and at it. It is beautiful to look at. I've chatted with a lot of strangers who want to know all about the car. Subaru nailed it. *Seriously* nailed it. I loved my Legacy GT, but this BRZ is a worthy replacement and simply a joy to drive."

Not the best photo, but there it is. Love the WR Blue Pearl paint.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10