2006 Subaru Baja

Based on 204 Ratings for the 2003 - 2006 models.

Great Vehicl

By on Saturday, July 5, 2008

"Your typical Subaru. Goes anywhere in any weahter condtion. Great gas mileage. Extremely versatile. To bad Subaru discontinued the Baja."

recommendation

By on Sunday, March 16, 2008

"needs a better performance program (more aggressive accelleration, better use of power), and, maybe better mileage, but otherwise i'd not trade this baby for anything. it can carry a washer + dryer or 2 refrigerators, and 10 foot lumber, is a sports car, a sedan, a truck all in one. love it."

I love my "cruck"

By on Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, other people love it!"

Cons: "Wind noise, not great seats for long trips"

"This is a perfect little car-truck for someone who does not need a heavy-duty pickup. I purchased a locking leather top for the truck bed so I can lock up my luggage on trips. This car is now 9 years old -- I have the yellow one and everywhere I go people ask me about my cute little car. One couple wanted to buy it on the spot. It gets about 27 mpg. The truck bed has a pass-thru to the car when the rear seats are folded -- I have hauled extension ladders, etc. The only drawbacks are wind noise on the highway and not the greatest seats for long trips (I tend to drive 14 hours in a day). The other is that the items in the truck bed get wet in a heavy rain or a car wash -- the custom Subaru optional top is not waterproof."

fun car

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2008

"This is my second Subaru, I had Subaru GL before this one and I put over 220,000 miles on it. Very reliable car. Now I am in love with my Baja, it's pretty fast and fun to drive. I have taken it from Alabama to Seattle and I had a great time driving this car. It was actually quite comfortable, considering the distance driven. Can't wait for some snow!"

Awsome car!

By on Wednesday, February 27, 2008

"I originally bought this car new and had it for approx 2 1/2 years and had put 89k miles on it. After trading it off for my 06 Forester, I still miss my Baja. When I first owned it, I thought it looked ugly, but after time, it looked more sporty and rugged. The only reasons I traded it off were that I wanted a turbo charged manual and I needed the enclosed cargo area. In bad weather, this car was the BEST! We had over 2ft (yes 2 FEET) of snow and this car got around GREAT. I did manage to get it hung up, but that was my fault because I managed to get all 4 wheels off the ground on a pile of snow. It was getting around better than my friend who had a Chevy TrailBlazer. This car was also built tough. Prior to me getting rid of it, I had a collision with a deer, doing about 60mph. I hit that deer so hard that it sent my driver's side headlight back rupturing the battery. It did manage to wrinkle the hood and bust in the grill, but that was all the damage it sustained. I was able to drive away. I'm sorry to say that Bambi's mom didn't make it. The only complaint that I have of this car was that the back seats were not comfortable, they sat almost straight up. The other annoying thing was the soft cover for the bed. It would collect water on the top forming a lake. That made it difficult to get into with all that weight of the water on top. I was saddened when I heard that these were no longer produced. I wasn't surprised, it was Subaru's own fault for not selling. RARELY did I ever see any sale advertisements for them. If they did decide to come back out with a new one, I will be one of the first in line to get one."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Subaru Baja near Honolulu. See local deals