2004 Subaru Baja

Based on 204 Ratings for the 2003 - 2006 models.

recommendation

By on Sunday, March 16, 2008

"needs a better performance program (more aggressive accelleration, better use of power), and, maybe better mileage, but otherwise i'd not trade this baby for anything. it can carry a washer + dryer or 2 refrigerators, and 10 foot lumber, is a sports car, a sedan, a truck all in one. love it."

Awsome car!

By on Wednesday, February 27, 2008

"I originally bought this car new and had it for approx 2 1/2 years and had put 89k miles on it. After trading it off for my 06 Forester, I still miss my Baja. When I first owned it, I thought it looked ugly, but after time, it looked more sporty and rugged. The only reasons I traded it off were that I wanted a turbo charged manual and I needed the enclosed cargo area. In bad weather, this car was the BEST! We had over 2ft (yes 2 FEET) of snow and this car got around GREAT. I did manage to get it hung up, but that was my fault because I managed to get all 4 wheels off the ground on a pile of snow. It was getting around better than my friend who had a Chevy TrailBlazer. This car was also built tough. Prior to me getting rid of it, I had a collision with a deer, doing about 60mph. I hit that deer so hard that it sent my driver's side headlight back rupturing the battery. It did manage to wrinkle the hood and bust in the grill, but that was all the damage it sustained. I was able to drive away. I'm sorry to say that Bambi's mom didn't make it. The only complaint that I have of this car was that the back seats were not comfortable, they sat almost straight up. The other annoying thing was the soft cover for the bed. It would collect water on the top forming a lake. That made it difficult to get into with all that weight of the water on top. I was saddened when I heard that these were no longer produced. I wasn't surprised, it was Subaru's own fault for not selling. RARELY did I ever see any sale advertisements for them. If they did decide to come back out with a new one, I will be one of the first in line to get one."

Great AWD mini truck

By on Tuesday, October 16, 2007

"This is the best and the only car/truck ever. Run smooth all year long, dry, rain, snow or even during the ice/winter storm, which often happen in my area. Only bad thing is that ,Jiffy Lube will charge you with the Truck rate (even it's only require the same amount of oil as the regular sedan cars) :D No question about it, You will love this vehicle as well as getting attention everywhere you go!! I have a yellow one with the sport light on top."

Best New Vehicle I've Ever Owned

By on Friday, September 21, 2007

"Bought my 2005 Baja brand new in Orlando mid '05. I needed a small truck but wanted the comfort of 4 doors. Saw a Baja and I fell in love with the smart design. This has been the absolute best new vehicle I've ever own (4 previous new vehicles - Ford, Chevy, Toyota & Mazda). First one to never see the inside of a repair shop within the first year of purchase! To date, my Baja has never needed repairs of any kind. The quality of this Subaru is superb not to mention fun to drive. The back set is a bit tight if you have taller passengers but the front is more than spacious enough for my 5'6" size. This car/truck will definately turn heads and garner questions, but always gets the same response "that's too cool"! It's a shame Subaru discontinued this model, the only way I knew about it when researching a new vehicle was by seeing one on the road."

Good for the purpose

By on Friday, July 20, 2007

"We bought the Baja new in '04 so that we could keep our 2 Labrador retrievers away from our 2 year old on short trips. With the topper, it has worked perfectly for the purpose. Great in snow, pretty good gas mileage, handles nicely, terrific acceleration with the turbo. Very nice!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Subaru Baja near Honolulu. See local deals