2003 Subaru Baja

Based on 205 Ratings for the 2003 - 2006 models.

recommendation

By on Sunday, March 16, 2008

"needs a better performance program (more aggressive accelleration, better use of power), and, maybe better mileage, but otherwise i'd not trade this baby for anything. it can carry a washer + dryer or 2 refrigerators, and 10 foot lumber, is a sports car, a sedan, a truck all in one. love it."

Awsome car!

By on Wednesday, February 27, 2008

"I originally bought this car new and had it for approx 2 1/2 years and had put 89k miles on it. After trading it off for my 06 Forester, I still miss my Baja. When I first owned it, I thought it looked ugly, but after time, it looked more sporty and rugged. The only reasons I traded it off were that I wanted a turbo charged manual and I needed the enclosed cargo area. In bad weather, this car was the BEST! We had over 2ft (yes 2 FEET) of snow and this car got around GREAT. I did manage to get it hung up, but that was my fault because I managed to get all 4 wheels off the ground on a pile of snow. It was getting around better than my friend who had a Chevy TrailBlazer. This car was also built tough. Prior to me getting rid of it, I had a collision with a deer, doing about 60mph. I hit that deer so hard that it sent my driver's side headlight back rupturing the battery. It did manage to wrinkle the hood and bust in the grill, but that was all the damage it sustained. I was able to drive away. I'm sorry to say that Bambi's mom didn't make it. The only complaint that I have of this car was that the back seats were not comfortable, they sat almost straight up. The other annoying thing was the soft cover for the bed. It would collect water on the top forming a lake. That made it difficult to get into with all that weight of the water on top. I was saddened when I heard that these were no longer produced. I wasn't surprised, it was Subaru's own fault for not selling. RARELY did I ever see any sale advertisements for them. If they did decide to come back out with a new one, I will be one of the first in line to get one."

best truck I ever had aside from my Brat years ago

By on Sunday, April 22, 2012

Pros: "It has so much zip, fun fun to drive"

Cons: "Uncomfortable and noisy"

"My truck is good and incredibly reliable. In the past has hauled bikes, BBQ grill, fridge, freezer, washer/dryers solid wood dressers. The extended cab convenient for mattress and mattress bed and many more."

The Baja Will Provide

By on Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Pros: "AWD, truck bed, 24 mpg"

Cons: "It's utility not luxury"

"Best car I have owned. It can really do everything. I sold my Ford Ranger to buy this, mainly for the awd. With the bed extender and a couple towing straps there isn't really anything I can't move. I've moved refrigerators and a full size bed easily. If you think of it like a smaller version of one of these massive trucks with a full cab this car starts to make sense. You can move near anything you could with a truck, comfortably road trip with 4 people, never get stuck in snow, and get around 24 mpg highway. It's got a lot of character to love if you can get over the big truck "compensation" factor."

Wonderful except for cargo in rain

By on Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Cons: "Mileage"

On the day I bought it. Still looks the same.

"I bought the car new, and have had no problems with it (except a squirrel nibbled the wiring harness, but that isn't Subaru's fault) Gas mileage is not great, but overall in 8 years I average almost 20 mpg in mostly city driving. Comfortable and reliable. It's too bad they stopped making them."

On the day I bought it. Still looks the same.

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Subaru Baja near Honolulu. See local deals