2003 Subaru Baja

Based on 203 Ratings for the 2003 - 2006 models.

Outstanding Vehicle

By on Wednesday, February 27, 2008

"This is probably the best car for the money I have ever owned, and I have owned quite a few vehicles. The turbo delivers when you need it, and doesn't drain out the gas as you might think. And the extra low to the ground Boxter engine makes cornering blissful. If you're looking for an all around vehicle that has room for the family and can still haul stuff and kick butt when you need it to, this is definitely the car for you. I love it. Ich liebe es!"

I love this car

By on Saturday, November 26, 2011

Pros: "great fun to drive, gets alot of stares."

Cons: "seat construction. slightly underpowered."

"I use it for fishing, hiking , biking, light hauling and driving in the snow. My grandkids ALWAYS want me to take them to the lake or the Beach in our Baja. Very rugged and reliable.Have had 4 people offer to buy it from on the spot. Its unique design attracts a lot of attention. Only problem so far is cheap seat construction, the vinyl on the drivers fron seat bottom is cracking after only 36000 miles and i keep the car in my garage. I would buy another one in a heart beat."

Great little pick up

By on Friday, March 3, 2017

Pros: "Great on gas, great in the snow, fun to drive"

Cons: "The drivers side seat bottoms tear on all of them"

"These are the coolest and most usable little trucks on the market. I have hauled so much stuff in it with never any issues. Plus having the 4 doors it an added bonus. Still runs like new at 218K."

Watch valve cover gasket

By on Saturday, October 9, 2010

"Excellent vehicle, drives like a sports car. Hatch in front of trunk, with bed extender allows for better use of short bed. Engine design of valve covers on the sides vs.the top of engine apparently causes leaking valve cover gaskets to be a common problem. If you have leaks (check garage or driveway under car), be sure to have this checked, as further deterioration of valve cover gaskets can result in complete loss of oil and, needless to say, will ruin your engine. Mine came with the "check engine" light on (tripped), which often indicates that a sensor for the exhaust / emission control system has kicked the light on, which in turn may indicate trouble with the catalytic converter. I dealt with this by adding a gas treatment product which cleans the fuel injectors and is also advertised to clean the exhaust and emissions system. I actually used two different products in two consecutive full tanks of gas, and the light went off by itself. Seats seem comfortable for me, and the road handling is superb. The gas mileage is acceptable. I gave it 5 stars overall as it is an excellent vehicle."

Great Vehicl

By on Saturday, July 5, 2008

"Your typical Subaru. Goes anywhere in any weahter condtion. Great gas mileage. Extremely versatile. To bad Subaru discontinued the Baja."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Subaru Baja near Honolulu. See local deals