2010 smart fortwo

8.4

Based on 218 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

Fun car like no other

By on Tuesday, November 2, 2010

"Fun well designed car. Great to look at. Very comfortable (I'm 6ft4). Excellent customer care, with lots of warranty repairs, recalls, bulletins in the beginning, most reliable after that. Count on 40mpg on PREMIUM gas, always. Very safe on the freeway. Got it up to 90 mph, when the rev limiter kicked in. Excellent to drive in bad weather. More fun to drive hard! Cheap interior. Lousy speakers. Atrocious transmission, stalls and heaves when shifting. Jiggly ride. But so fun to drive and own. Depreciates fast! Get a low mileage good used one, or negotiate! DO NOT EVER pay MSRP on a smart! I did and found myself 2 grand upside down on my loan when I traded it in."

Sophisticated little car.

By on Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pros: "4 down towing behind motor home Super fun factor!"

Cons: "Cup holders are not in a very usable location."

"I am very impressed with this little car. Very refined and well designed. It is a small car so don't expect it to ride like a Cadillac or have a huge cargo area. But for what it is, it is very zippy and fun to drive. Handles well rain, snow or shine. Very roomy for the size, I am 6'2" and fit fine in the car, easy to get in and out of and park anywhere. The convertible top is smooth and flawless, plus just down right fun! Not a car for everyone, but those that want a great little, fun to drive, slightly quirky, but cool car, this is it! Really reminds me of the 70's VW except better built, more reliable and whole lot more fun. Simple sophistication sums up this car."

Under Rated

By on Monday, September 8, 2008

"I've put over 5000 mi on my Cabrolet Convertible. Wth the top and windows down the wind is not a factor even at75 mph +. I average 44 mpg and can't seem to get it down below 40 mpg and have topped at 51 mpg. Why it's rated at 33 city I'll never know. I ordered every option including heated leather seats and I'm glad I did. I own a new BMW I35 and it stays parked, I own a Honda Accord V-6 coupe and it stays parked. I own a Corvette and it stays parked. The Smart Cabriolet gets driven. The BMW is a cool car and is a lot of fun but the Smart is TMF (too much fun). Having too much fun may be hazardous to your life style so be careful if you decide you want to own one."

Cute conversation piece

By on Friday, October 28, 2011

Pros: "Cute!, fits tall people, 40mpg, easy parking, safe"

Cons: "Catches wind, limited cargo capacity"

"I am 6'tall and this car even holds my 6'7" son! It is roomy and comfortable to drive in the city and on the highway unless it is very windy. Gets 40 mpg, easy to park, been very reliable and it is cute! It can hold a set of golf clubs, or couple suitcases or a load of groceries, but space is limited. The ignition key is located between the seats and my large dog has bumped it and turned it off on occasion. It is a fun vehicle but I have to use my old mini van for hauling gardening supplies or extra people."

Fun little gas saver

By on Saturday, January 9, 2010

"I had the Pure for a year and a half, and i can say i am still in love with it. It has all the fun of a sporty two seater car, but without the expense of one. I do get very good mileage out of the car, and it is a blast to drive. On the downside, the car has a short wheelbase, so you will feel the bumps very easily, and if you are not careful, it will get away from you on a windy day. Other than those little quirks, it is the best car i ever owned."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching smart fortwo near Honolulu. See local deals