2010 Scion xD

Based on 154 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

I love my scion

By on Monday, December 29, 2008

"This car is awesome! Gas milage is wonderful! The vehicle drives like a dream. She's cute/stylish and a speedy 4 cylinder. I Love my Scion"

I love this car!

By on Friday, August 1, 2008

"I have been driving my Scion for 4 months now. Good gas mileage, very easy to maneuver not to mention the fact the it is sooo cute and not the boxie type the early Scions are. I love the Pioneer stereo. Good price for an almost fully loaded car. It has cruise control, CD player, power windows, power keys and a lot more. The dash board is elegant with the waterfall style stereo encasement. Bigger than what you can see from the outside. Back seats can be folded down for extra room on a camping trip. You are safe from gas thieves as gas tank can only be opened from inside. Lots of safety feature. I love it, I love it."

xd

By on Saturday, May 31, 2008

"Gets great gas milage averaged 41 MPG driving back to Miami from Key West Florida has all the toys, a hoot to drive, very nimble in traffic."

One of the best cars we have owned

By on Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, feels solid, gas, fun to drive"

Cons: "HUGE blind spots. Rear headroom is bad +6"er"

"The perfect run around car. Front seats are great-really great. Great in traffic, with kids, excellent gas mileage. Sound system is good. Engine has good snap."

RELIABLE, GOOD GAS MILEAGE, NO PROBLEMS WITH IT

By on Saturday, March 17, 2012

Pros: "RELIABLE, GOOD GAS MILEAGE, ADEQUATE ROOM"

Cons: "NO RIGHT ARM REST FOR DRIVER"

"VERY RELIABLE CAR WITH GOOD GAS MILEAGE [29-35]. ADEQUATE ROOM FRONT AND READ. CAN CARRY WHEEL CHAIR IN BACK AND STILL HAVE 1/2 REAR SEAT. HEAT AND A/C WORK VERY WELL, STYLE IS SO-SO. DASH LOOKS CHEAP. WOULD PREFER IF IT HAD A RIGHT ARM REST FOR DRIVER."

By on Thursday, August 26, 2010

By on Saturday, August 14, 2010

Perfect City Eco Friendly Car

By on Thursday, August 12, 2010

"I just bought this car over the Honda Fit and Kia Soul and I gotta say I am really happy I went with this ride. It zips all over the place and is easy to control. I love the interior as well, its trendy. Be careful with the interior... it can scratch easily."

Noisy, Noisy

By on Tuesday, May 18, 2010

"This is good run around town car but don't take it on the road. It is noisy even after undercoating and new noise reduction tires. There is no opportunity for conversation in the car during freeway driving due to the noise. At city street speeds the noise is tolerable. For gas mileage the car is exceptional. It has rattles in it which can't be found. If I could get decent money out of it, it would be gone."

my xD is awesomE!

By on Tuesday, April 27, 2010

"I had my xD almost 3 years now, i drove it from New York to San Diego (more than 3K miles) with my brother and the back seat FULL of random stuff at a constant 85mph in 2 1/2 days! and yesssss, it never failed me! The ride is very responsive and the seating is very well positioned with great visibility. And the mileage?? i could get 40+ mpg on this car on a highway with a long drive... overall, its awesome and definitely would recommend it to everyone who wants the toyota quality and a unique style!"

unique and comfortable

By on Monday, March 1, 2010

"I have owned this car for a little over a year and have nothing bad to say about it. Inside, it has the familiar comfort features of a comparable toyota, but outside it has the style of a more unique or expensive car. Even though it is small I have been able to transport very large items in the hatchback. I love the way it drives and I am always suprised at how many miles i can get in a tank of gas. I still have that new car love for it even after a year of owning it. Would recommend it to anyone in need of a reliable hatchback with a stylish flair."

scion xd review

By on Saturday, January 30, 2010

"I have had the vehicle for almost 2 yrs now. If you are in need of reliable and functional vehicle, this definatley fits the bill. I take care of it cuz i know this will last me a long time."

Worth Every Dollar

By on Monday, August 20, 2007

"I was deliberating between the Honda Fit and Scion xD for a few weeks before going with the xD. I test drove both vehicles and found that the xD felt like it had more room and nimble handling. The Fit was okay, but that's about it. I do prefer the sportier look of the xD. For the last five years, I've been driving a '92 Crown Vic with a V8 so this was a bit of an adjustment for me in regarding to driving up hills, accelaration, etc. However, last night as I was coming home from eastern Washington, I had to pass a vehicle ahead of me. Without even thinking about it, I easily moved out of my lane, over took the other vehicle and slid back into traffic. With a Corrolla engine, I don't have to worry about reliability. The standard safety features are "upgrades" in many other vehicles of this class. For an entry level sub compact and my first car buying experience of no haggling, I would say this is the best first car I've ever purchased."

Picked Over Fit

By on Wednesday, March 2, 2011

"I honestly don't understand some of the 'negative' press on this car. I am a Honda fan, but after several test drives of the Fit and the Scion xD, we chose the Scion. The interior material was of higher quality and the feel was overall more solid. While the Fit's 5-speed manual was 'dreamy' and better than Toyota's version, the automatic trans gave a clear nod to Scion. We also loved the mini-cooper-esque styling of the xD...while not crazy about the mini minivan look of the Fit. With all the seats folded down, the cargo room is very close to Honda's competitor. It certainly has more pep with the larger engine while posting the same fuel numbers. As of now, we are averaging almost 32 mpg in mostly city driving. Lastly, the engine noise at highway speeds is much lower in the xD over the Fit and we like the higher front seating and somewhat 'German-esque' feel of the steering/handling. It can be a little bumpy over bad roads, but it's not a Lexus. Bad roads are bad roads. It handles bumps better than our 09 CRV. Overall it is a terrific, good looking, multiuse vehicle for it's class and I think it's a great value. Don't let the Honda Fit-loving press keep you from test driving this one and that from a Honda fan."

Fantastic for what it is

By on Friday, January 30, 2009

"The styling and the included features (iPod hookup, power everything, etc) had me at hello. The gas tank is waaay too small (8 gallons) so you'll be filling up all the time even though the gas mileage is a little over 30mpg. The tires are incredibly expensive if they ever need to be replaced so do your research before going to the dealer to have them replace them. I wish I did! Overall the experience has been terrific though. I just wanted to put the negatives up because those are usually more important when buying a new car."

Great car, spectacular death on freeway

By on Friday, October 17, 2008

"Don't let it's small exterior fool you - having been in a terrible sandwich accident that crumpled the car like tinfoil, I'm walking, talking and not in the hospital. I LOVED that car; bought it specifically for the traction and stability control after the worst winter Wisconsin had seen in 100 years when my Matrix was unable to handle 4+ foot snowfalls over and over. I only had it eight months, but found it to be utterly reliable, a dream on the freeway, very cheap on the gas and best of all you could haul a great deal of stuff in it (important when you own a fixer-upper.) It didn't have the cargo room of my Matrix, but then it got 10% gas mileage and because it was smaller, I always knew where its behind was. It comes with a load of stuff standard, like cruise control, the ipod port, a port for your Sirius if you choose not to factory install. I called it my little quarterhorse, because when you punched the accelerator, you felt it. Plus, having the "pug car" made it easy to find - really enjoyed the styling. Was very good for carrying lots of home improvement stuff, four people and a dog. Only cons were that it did not have a compartment between the two front seats, and it only had one power port. If I had had a GPS in addition to the Sirius, I would have had to either split it or switched off. And if somebody plows into you at 65 miles per hour and pushes you into the car in front of you, you have a decent chance of walking away with a bit of a sore back and a cut on your hand."

Low cost vehicle to own and it's a Toyota brand

By on Thursday, August 2, 2012

Pros: "Save you money over all, from gas to maintenance."

Cons: "dark interior seems to get dirty quick."

"I love this vehicle as my daily driver. It's small easy to drive and I never have issues with parking. It also save me on gas, I only spend a little over $20 every 2 weeks. I love the design I looks a little different than other small hatch-backs, it doesn't have that round jelly bean look a lot of them have. The XD seems a little more low to the ground and have more style to it. One great selling point of this vehicle is the low cost of maintenance. You only have to change the oil every 6 months. the transmission fluid is non serviceable, you never have to change it and the vehicle has a timing chain instead of a belt so no maintenance needed for that, that a lone saves you about $1,000+. The only gripe I have about it is the interior. The carpets are cheap and seem to get dirty fast, pine needles get stuck in them all the time. I wish there were other options in interior color because the black seat also seem to get dirty/dusty quickly. I would love to have a grey interior as an option. It's a great reliable vehicle I would recommend Scions to anyone!"

very good little car, so far

By on Thursday, December 11, 2008

"i've owned my xd for five months/10,000 miles, during which i've averaged right at 42 mpg, most of those miles here in hilly east tennessee and the rockies. in town, driving conservatively, i'm getting about 39, and if i keep it to 60 or less on the freeway i get close to 50 there. surprised me. i'd gone to the dealership to re-test a yaris, but bought the xd instead, the very next cheapest new car on the lot. much roomier feel than the yaris, only about $1,500 more. my criticisms: sidemirror glare at night; no lock on glovebox; sun visors too small; too small for some things i want to carry. still, it's not once let me down, and that mileage was very nice when gas was $4+/gal. i've recommended it to other people already. barring a wreck, etc., i plan to keep it until electrics have the bugs worked out some years from now."

What a kick!

By on Tuesday, March 22, 2011

"I had a Dodge Caliber and needed another car for long daily commutes in the mountains of NY and went to Toyota last year (2010) to see what they had to offer. I took one look at the Scion xD with manual trans and said "That one!" The test drive confirmed what my gut had reacted to. Tight and quick response on the road and great road feel from the power steering. I did not get snow tires and this baby has been a trooper in the snow. The traction control and stability control keep her true and straight in the most adverse conditions, and believe me, I have driven the Northway in blizzard conditions with snow up to her door sills and she plowed her way through without hesitation. There have been NO problems in the first 18,000 miles. The only downside is there is little "trunk" space but the two rear seats fold forward if I need the extra room. I expect to keep this little gem for many years because it is too fun to get rid of."

FAVORITE CAR EVER

By on Friday, May 28, 2010

"I worked at enterprise for a while so I have driven almost every car out there. I own a Scion XD and it is by far the best overall compact car on the market. I love my car so much. As a previous Jeep owner (2 wranglers and a grand cherokee limited) I love having some space but living in a city I no longer needed anything rugged. I can fit my bike in the back if I fold down the seats so for a tiny car, that is impressive. It drives nicely (not much pep, but that just wastes gas anyways right?) and I love this car so much! I never want to get rid of it. Almost 2 years and 16400 miles, best car ever!"

Underrated Car

By on Monday, October 28, 2013

Pros: "Standard options, great price & fuel mileage"

Cons: "Small spaces, no leg room"

"I bought my 2010 Scion xD with only 7 miles, and it now has over 71,000. I really do not understand why it is not rated better nor why more are not sold. I frequently make a trip that is nearly 3800 miles, round trip, and it costs me around $325 or less. I get great gas mileage in this little car, love the way it handles, and will purchase another Scion in the future, provided they have the hatchback I need."

Highly recommended

By on Thursday, July 10, 2008

"I test drove about 10 different cars, and researched many more. After months of dithering, I happened to see this little car and was intrigued. Two minutes into the test drive, I knew this was the car for me. Much more fun and a better 'feel' than the Fit or the Civic. Much less expensive than the Matrix. Much better mpg than the CR-V or Element. Lots of safety features standard! I wish the mileage was a tad better, as I was getting 39-40 with my Civic - but I am VERY happy with the car overall. I love driving it! And it's so cute!!"

I LOVE IT

By on Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Reason: needed bigger car

Pros: "great price and easy to customize"

Cons: "not a lot of trunk space"

"this was the first car I bought on my own and i loved it! it has been reliable and fun to drive. THe interior is cute and functional with two glove boxes. the only reason I got rid of mine was that I had two children and there isnt enough room for two car seats. but this would be perfect for a teen, single person or a couple without kids in car seats"

exactly what we expected it to be - or better

By on Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pros: "cheap, fun, roomy, sporty"

Cons: "wiper switchs non-intuitive - no lights always on"

"wanted a gas miser with enough room to haul our three bird dogs around and to serve as a backup to our work cars - fits the bill exactly - is roomy enough for wife, dogs and I - even us, dogs and 8 to 10 sacks of groceries for the 10 mile trip home - I am 5' 10" and 235 lbs and am perfectly comfy in the front or rear seats. We have the manual transmission and get 35 to 39 miles per gallon on half country roads and half town streets - when on the long road we average 38 to 44 miles per gallon. It is plenty peppy and while you do hear the engine and do feel the road grooves you can park it anywhere and see well all around and it is very fun to drive - we both want to drive it over our regular full sized work car and truck - couldn't be more pleased considering what we wanted it for and and at a price barely higher than my Polaris Ranger utility vehicle. It is very satisfying to cut the oil companies out of some of those highest profits ever."

Most dependable and fun car I've owned

By on Monday, September 2, 2013

Pros: "Great handling, sporty looks, great pick-up"

Cons: "no center console but aftermarket available"

"I've driven this car for close to 80k miles now and I love it! Been a trooper in the snow, plowed through 10" blizzard and got me home safely! I have the RS 1.0 model with the factory body kit and it handles like my racing kart. I have to pull out into interstate traffic every morning and it has great pickup. Up to 70mph very quickly. The handling is amazing for a car in this class, my husband thinks the steering is too sensitive but it's just quick and helps you avoid the idiots on your morning commute. I do feel a little intimidated on the highway, going from an SUV to this but with the great gas mileage, I'll deal with it! Mostly highway driving and averaging 32-35 mpg. It has all the basic features you need and I can even hook up my phone to the aux jack and talk through the stereo if I put phone on speaker. Bluetooth would be nice. Overall a great car, it is a Toyota after all!!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Scion xD near Honolulu. See local deals