2006 Scion xA

9.3

Based on 309 Ratings for the 2004 - 2006 models.

9.7/10

Love this car

By on Saturday, February 28, 2009

"Love my xA! Incredibly reliable. Not the best with hills immediately after a cold start, but it is tolerable. Super-easy entry and exit, says my 85-year-old father. Braking distance is amazingly short; probably saved my life on many occasions. My real-world mpg is usually 33.5 to 34.5."

Simply the best!

By on Monday, January 2, 2012

Pros: "Great gas mileage, roomier than it looks!"

"I absolutely loved this car! I sadly lost it in an accident of which I walked away from w/o a scratch to myself. The car took the hit and protected me. Prior to the accident the only major things I had to do to the car were maintenance services. I changed the alternator belt and the main belt at 150k. I would suggest to do it a little earlier as it did start making a noise when first started at around 120k. Changing both those belts out at the dealership cost around $270. I spent about $85-95 a tire at Sears, oil changes every 5-7k miles, spent $400 changing the front brakes and rotors in year 4 of owning it. Changed my brakes out for the first time in year 3 at Just brakes all 4 wheels were done. Due to the poor pad quality at Just Brakes I had to change out the disc brakes the following year at an independent mechanic. The rear disc brakes bought in year 3 were still in working condition until the accident a week ago and were not needing to be changed just yet. All in all I loved that car! Great on gas mileage! I drove it to Georgia, Arizona all over Texas and never had an issue with the car. Truly a joy to drive! It looks small but if you throw the back seats down you can fit a full size mattress! That's how I moved my college apartment. I'd recommend this car to EVERYONE!!!"

Great Commuter Car & More

By on Monday, April 7, 2008

"I've owned this car for over three years and since then I haven't had any complaints. I did own a Saturn before, I had so many problems with it. This car has been so good I'm surprised with it's performance. First, it is a communter car. Great gas mileage, excellent reliability. I've driven over 90,000 miles without any problems. I also have a child and can drive with no major issues. Space may be an issue for some who are reliant on brining everything with them. With this car you have to "budget" what you need which can be an issue for some with kids. Then again, it's cheaper than driving a huge SUV (The Xb may be a better choice for those people.) Still you can fold the seats down for a LOT of room. Plus you can get a roof rack for the car and transport other items that way. The other thing I liked about this car is that everything came with it. Power Locks/Windows/Steering, ABS, AM/FM Stereo CD/MP3 system. This was my first Automatic car, and I'm not really bothered by the RPMs on the highway. It does ride a little rougher than a sedan or SUV may, but that's because of the size on both accounts. The really big thing for me is that as I've owned this car, it's stayed at the value of my payments! Which is great. When I traded in my old car the value was over $1000 less than what I owed on it. So far this car has stayed even with what I owe on it. So should I want to trade it in, I can get the same amount of money on my loan! Pros: Great Gas Milage (At least 30+MPG) Reliable Fully Loaded (Virtually) Compact Easy to drive and park Great room for the size Cons: If you have more than one child it may be a little crampt. (Try the Xb in that case) If you drive an SUV it takes a little getting used to, but not a bad car to switch to."

Awsome Car

By on Saturday, January 5, 2008

"I've had Toyota cars and trucks since I was 18 (Now 35)and I've always had great luck and good service from the dealerships. This is by far the best one I've owned. It's ride is quiet and smooth and it has enough power for everyday commuting. The driver sits up in the cabin so it feels like you are in a bigger vehicle. It's easy to get in and out of. Great gas mialge 35-40 on highway and 28-34 intown. I fit 2 bikes in the back with the seats folded down.The sound is great from the 160 watt stereo system and all the standard options are awsome. I'm keeping this car till it falls apart. I love driving it and it's a great value."

overall

By on Wednesday, April 18, 2007

"able to get around town easily and finding parking spots that I would have avoided with my pick-up. gas mileage averaging 34-36."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Scion xA near Honolulu. See local deals