2013 Scion tC

Based on 87 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Reliable, but falls short in just a few things.

By on Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pros: "Handling, Price, Feel of the Road, Styling"

Cons: "Speed, Just overall Basic"

"First let me start off by saying this is my first review of a car I have owned. The first thing I will start off with the exterior. I think the exterior is the best part of the car! Its sporty with a lot of attitude. I have the optional spoiler which I really like, even though it has no performance value to a FWD car. I do wish the car had standard privacy glass, none of the windows are tinted, and it doesn't make you feel very cool. haha The rims are fantastic, no need to ever change those, as they are already 18 inches! The interior is just a tad bland. This is mainly due to the fact is is supposed to be affordable. I have the upgraded ALPINE stereo, which makes the whole car shake, and I don't have any subwoofers! The steering wheel and the driving position are great, the thick steering wheel really add the the sport feel of the car. Now on to the performance. Lets just say the car has more bark than bite. The 180 hp 4 cylinder get the job done, but not in a straight race. I have the 6 speed automatic, and its about 8 seconds 0-60, which I would say is below average for this car category. The cornering is fantastic, and I have just the stock wheels and tires. Lets just say I can hit an off ramp on the toll road at 70 and there is just a little squeek from the tires. Needless to say this is more of a track car rather than a drag car, and let me just say, its really neither of those. The car is perfect for any teenager to young adult who wants to look cool, without completely breaking the bank, and not wanting to waste a lot of money on gas. I personally get around a 25 mpg average when I am in town, and when I decide to have a little fun with it, right around 20 with hard acceleration. Hope this helps any potential Buyers!!!"

Much improved handling over previous years model!

By on Friday, October 25, 2013

Pros: "Handling is amazing for a FWD car!"

Cons: "No rear wiper, needs 2nd power outlet."

Little Boy

"I have about 2000 miles on my new 2014 Scion tC manual transmission and here are some of my impressions: For 2014 Scion made several changes to the tC: New front and rear bodywork (Looks good to me, although a departure from the previous look, it looks more like the FR-S now) Upgraded steering and suspension improvements have made this car handle amazingly well for a FWD car. Stereo is touchscreen now (I actually prefer non touch screen but this is where the industry is going) The sound is very clear and strong from the Pioneer stereo. The engine is Camry reliable, in fact CR rated Scion as the most reliable brand made. Gas mpg so far after 2 months is 28.0 mpg average in mix city/highway frequently with the a/c or defrost on (defrost runs the a/c compressor). Mpg should continue to increase as the engine gets broken in, and it runs on regular gas. The manual transmission shifts easily with crisp engagement from gear to gear, throws are a bit long but not bad. We just had days of endless rain here and this thing sticks to the road even on rain soaked roads/I was flying around corners and turns and it never lost grip. The new 18 inch wheels look great and hide brake dust as they are partially black. The interior is very roomy, can seat 4 large adults with room to spare and the hatchback is HUGE, I can easily carry all my work gear with me (I carry a ton of boxes and supplies for work). The interior plastic on doors seems cheap and can scuff easily, but scuffs wipe away with a damp rag. Seats are very supportive/comfy and hold you well while you are cornering hard. Sunroof is a nice touch as is the rear roof glass. I wish it had a rear wiper for rain and snow. I have owned well over 2 dozen cars in my lifetime, this car seems like it would last long and be reliable. The engine has 179 horsepower and 172 ft lbs of torque, the torque is actually much higher than the FR-S and you can feel it in every gear, this car pulls strong when accelerating. 0-60 time is rated as anywhere from 6.9 seconds to 7.4 seconds depending on which car magazine/reviewer you read. I wish it had a 2nd power outlet. Overall I am very content so far with my purchase, this is the best handling front wheel car I have ever owned. $4 grand less expensive than a Civic Si, Civics really have a case of the "uglies" the last few years. Scion Tc is a looker! It is amazing in blue!"

Little Boy

Thrill of a Sporty Car with Practicability

By on Thursday, September 12, 2013

Pros: "Bang for your Buck, Sporty but still Practical"

Cons: "No head room for Rear Passengers, heavy doors"

"I Bought my 2011 Scion TC in the beginning of August and after doing a lot of homework on what was available on the market I was sold as soon I took it for a test drive. If you are looking for the fun of a sports car with a tight budget or don't wanna make a lot of compromises that some sports cars force you to do, then the second generation TC is an excellent choice. The TC looks fantastic and nothing like a hatchback. Every time I open the hatch my friends are blown away by the amount of storage space the TC can accommodate. It's Great for college students hauling their stuff from home and to the dorm rooms every year. The 2.5 liter 6 speed 4 cylinder automatic isn't really pretty to look at under the hood as the engine wasn't given a cover, but in terms of reliability and performance you cannot beat it for the price. Driving long distances on the highway you will get over 31 MPG with the ECO setting that can be turned off and on from the gauge control's and it includes a AVG MPG display so you can track your fuel consumption. Where the TC impressed me is that if you also want a car that has emotion and feeling in the steering wheel it will impress you. We all like gas mileage and efficiency, but sometimes you just wanna have some fun behind the wheel! The Tectonic shiftier does take some getting used to but with some practice the car can really preform. On a "closed course" I managed to get up to 125 mph in the 5th gear before I had to slow down. Acceleration is great you can feel the pickup every time you press on the pedal makes blowing past those annoying semi's easy. Handling does take some getting used too while the car has great stability and grips the road sometimes the car feels a little heavy or stiff in the turns, but if you turn off the traction control it does help in those fun mountain roads. The interior is made of some kind of plastic and while it isn't the most pleasant thing to touch that doesn't really take away from the styling and the other features of the interior. The glove box sits high enough that it can be easily accessed while driving if needed and it won't hit your passenger in the knees when you open it. The Tc can sit 4 people comfortably, just make sure the rear passages are not too tall because head room isn't that great in the back, but there is plenty of leg room. Getting in and out of the TC is difficult sometimes especially for the rear passengers, because the doors are heavy and while the front driver and passenger seats do a great job at making you feel comfortable while driving they do have a tendency to get in the way at times and The front Seat belts are placed in an awkward positions making them hard to grab. The Sound system is a 300 watt Pioneer sound system and it works great. Comes with both a USB and AUX jack and you can access your Mp3 library from the stereo itself. You can play anything from Classical to Dub-step and it will sound great, but the plastic material of the interior means you are going to get a little rattling if you play your music loud like I do. Dynomat your doors if it bothers you. Air Condition works great, the Large sun roof is also a nice touch opens the car up on those beautiful days in the summer. If you like to do aftermarket upgrades the TC is one of the easiest cars to work on yourself. I added fog lights after I bought the car and they went in effortlessly. Overall its a great buy for someone who wants the thrill of a sports car but still wants to use it as a daily driver."

release 7.0

By on Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pros: "looks,interior,ride,sporty,well equiped"

Cons: "mpg could be a little better"

"love this car! looks awesome! real head turner!"

Amazing for the price!

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, good power, good sound"

Cons: "Needs more tint on windows."

Day after purchase, now has the factory spoiler option.

"Keep in mind that this car is less than $20,000 (sticker price anyway). It has a great sporty feel, and i believe the six speed manual transmission is geared great for everyday driving. The power comes on strong, as if you want you can spin up through third gear. Factory exhaust has a very nice sporty sound without being loud. Gas mileage is very respectable for my driving conditions (27 in the city/country mix). Seats and interior are comfortable. Heats up quickly in the winter. The factory audio system sounds very good, i just recommend a small sub woofer in the back to achieve tighter bass; the factory speakers are a bit muddy at times. Tinted windows would be a plus, probably a future upgrade. Panoramic sunroof is nice, does make noise in sub-freezing temps. That is to be expected, as the cold metal car body flexes more than the big sheet of glass on top. This isn't something to worry or view as negative in my opinion, its just simple physics. This car was an excellent purchase in my opinion and i couldn't be happier. Like I said, for its price its a very good deal."

Day after purchase, now has the factory spoiler option.

Love this car!

By on Monday, September 24, 2012

Pros: "Great price for looks, space, & standard features"

Cons: "Dark interior (especially w/ tinted windows)"

"I love this car! I previously always owned Volkswagens as I have always loved them but after owning 6 of them, the constant issues and all-out problems got tiring. I decided to give a Japanese car a try for their known reliability and the 2012 Scion tC was definitely the best bang for the buck and the best looking in my opinion. The standard features like panoramic sunroof, pioneer sound system, 18" wheels, and safety features was very impressive. It drives and handles the road very well and I average 27mpg in mixed driving. On a road trip to North Carolina and back, I averaged 36 mpg both ways...extremely impressed with a car that can get that kind of mileage and still have some power to have fun with. I compared it mainly to the Mazda 3 and found it to be more versatile and have a better value for the money. Plus I got free maintenance for 2 years/25,000 miles which after spending ridiculous amounts of money on VW service, was a welcome blessing. People have complemented me on it numerous times and friends cant believe how roomy it is inside. The only thing I'd changed about the Scion is the interior...complaing about the hard plastics(look at any other car in the price range,they all use hard plastics) I just wish there were different colors/trims instead of mainly charcoal grey and a dark silver trim. Otherwise I cannot say enough how much I love this car and how impressed I am with Toyota products now. Do yourself a favor and at least check this car out in your search."

Fun Value

By on Monday, January 2, 2012

Pros: "beats my friends camero 2ss around town"

Cons: "no tonneau cover available"

"For the money you cant beat it. Atleast if you get a stick. The automatic doesnt have as much punch to it. But, I can tell you that it is a great overall car. The interior space is great being 6'3" and still having room is a huge bonus. You can even put another 6 footer in back. The fit and finish isnt what I hoped for out of Toyota but it is better than most. The handling in this car is excellent. It grips hard turns at high speeds and just begs to be pushed harder. After owning a Imprezza and making trips through the mountains many times I didnt expect the TC to be able to keep up yet to my suprise it beat it. What can I say its a whole lot of car for $20k brand new"

Awesome

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pros: "Nice to drive"

Cons: "Some people don't like that it feels small"

"I love this car. I was just curious as to its current value if I were to sell it. Many people compliment the car and say how cute it is....Since I am female, I suppose."

Super safe and fun to drive

By on Saturday, September 24, 2011

"I recently wrecked my TC and totaled it. I walked away from the accident with only some bruises. I never would have thought that the vehicle was so safe. I will let everyone I know that Toyota makes a safe vehicle. It saved my life yesterday and I'm very thankful."

Biggest Bang For My Buck

By on Thursday, July 26, 2012

Pros: "Fit/finish, Handling, engine, economy."

"I bought my 2012 Tc a number of months ago, and have logged quite a few miles. I traded in my 2010 Mustang GT on this car. It's my first Toyota made vehicle, and I am very impressed! Although my V8 Mustang could out accellerate my new Tc, I clearly doubt the Mustang could out-handle the Scion around turns. The quality, fit/finish of this Scion is leaps and bounds over any American built car I have owned. All the standard features are mind blowing! Its no wonder Toyotas sell so well. The fuel mileage on the Tc is about double compared to my Mustang GT, around 36 highway. Yes, I do have the manual transmission. Engine performance is very impressive for a 4 cylinder engine, actually feels like a strong V6. Comfort and interior room are amazing...again much better than my 2010 Mustang. This car is fun around town, and is a competant long-distance highway cruiser. I consider this car to be the perfect all around vehicle for the performance minded. It certainly is no Porsche Boxster, but for the money, it gets you pretty close by. Two thumbs-up for Toyota/Scion!!!"

I loved my Scion tC

By on Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Pros: "Has a lil power... handles well... good on gas..."

Cons: "In 4 years paint started to wear away in spots"

My Scion saved my life!!!!

"I used to own a 2006 Scion tC. I put a lil over 100,000 miles on it until some idiot rear ended me on the highway... I lost control, flew up a dirt embankment, rolled 3 times and slid a long ways upside down on the highway before I came to a stop. AND I WALKED AWAY!!! My Scion saved my life. I never had any maintenance issues... All I did was change the oil every 5000 miles... I'm buying another one ASAP!!!"

My Scion saved my life!!!!

Scion has once again made a solid sporty car!

By on Monday, December 28, 2015

Pros: "affordable, sporty, plenty of cargo space"

Cons: "interior fabric is cheap"

"After having owned previous "sport like" cars, I have noticed that the scion tc has been going in the correct direction. Yes the car is not meant to compete with other turbo 4 cylinder cars. Remember that the scion tc is not leaned toward being fast as it priority. Scion Tc has a balance of great sporty look, and a nice comfortable smooth ride. It does have a 2.5 liter engine from toyota which if you need a nice looking car to get to and from places in the city, this cars engine is more than enough. The torque is there just have it rev and the engine responds especially in the highway. Scion did not focus on the interior cloth, one can tell that its mostly cheap material but the stock car audio system will confirm that the money spent on the car is well worth it. The car steering feels good alongside with decent handling coming from MacPherson strut suspension setup. Toyota could have upgraded the suspension to double wish bone for better stability coming that the car is heavy than average for a 4 cylinder motor. The cars automatic transmission is not the best if not warmed up. The car does require you to start and warm up the engine and transmission in order for it to adequately work. The scion tc does have plenty of cargo space when compared to other 2 door sporty cars."

Best vehicle ever!

By on Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Pros: "handles well, great price, great stereo"

Cons: "cheap interior, door rattled, had to fix it."

"This car is so much fun to drive. The sound system comes stock with pioneer speakers(no subwoofer unfortunatly). It handles well, doesnt have the most power for a little car with a sports look, but I have been tuning mine and I have to say it has a lot of potential for more horsepower. I would definately recommend this car over its other competitors."

very good economy car

By on Sunday, August 28, 2011

Pros: "great handling"

Cons: "big blind spots"

"The car is great overall and i love it. Great for a dailt driver, has excellent gas milage. Looks beautiful and aggressive but not as aggressive as some may think. The one flaw i find is the car has a huge blind spot for when changing lanes. The two panes behind the rear windows are extremely wide and blocks a big portion of view when changing lanes."

Overpriced, but excellent features for my taste!

By on Friday, August 12, 2016

Pros: "Great sound, attractive, fun, mileage"

Cons: "1 reverse light, no temp gauge, noisy windows, $$"

Attractive styling!

"This is my first new car, I purchased the 2011 Scion TC Gen 2 Coupe, after owning a 2002 Saturn SL2 for almost 4 years. The Scion is much bigger than my car even only having 2 doors! I am not into "luxury features" such as leather, key-less entry, digital dashboards, and fancy wood veneers and accents, none of which this car came with. In fact they turn me off! I look for sporty styling, excellent sound system (I enjoy blasting my beats), responsive handling and decent mileage. My original consideration was the Mazda 3 hatchback, however I ended up test driving the TC first and that ride changed my decision! Sound: Incredible; the subwoofers on this baby pump hardcore, and every genre of music comes out perfect. However, the entire interior is plastic, so it rattles like crazy if you listen to bass-heavy songs. The EQ and controls are simple and effective, however you can only have two bluetooth devices connected at a time, which is a bummer as when I have guests it's easier for them to use BT in the back seat. Features: Cloth seats (my favorite) are comfortable and bucket-style, race inspired and keeps me and my company in place on winding roads. Rear seats recline, which is a major plus for my as I have lower back problems and it is pretty fancy for my guests to relax as we cruz! The hatchback is also very versatile, and makes use of the car's space. Even only having 2 doors it feels quite roomy. The sunroof is very noisy over 45mph, and intolerable even with blasting music at 55mph+. The windows are very loud when down as well, anything other than city driving is too distracting. The top of the car is nearly all glass with the sunroof, moonroof, and hatch. Two things that seem very off is there is no temperature gauge.... anywhere. Scion just decided not to add one, along with only one rear brake light (I googled it, they just were not equipped with them). Two kinda basic things just are just no where to be found. Performance: Pretty responsive, and can be utilized more or less adequately for quick maneuvers and whipping around bends. You can 0-60 very quickly compared to most other sedans and passenger cars in it's class. Handling stays sharp and you hardly notice when going even up to 95mph (close course of course). I have consistently been getting 32mpg even in heavy traffic most of the time. Styling: Overall a decently aggressive looking car, all my friends love it and enjoy the styling. Mine has a spoiler and I plan on doing a few upgrades, but as a more or less stock car it is quite attractive. I especially love the 18" wheels! Biggest bummer is it came with no tinting, which for me having sensitive eyes is an issue. Overall, I think the car was somewhat overpriced for what it is, a simple, stylish, and fun-to-drive car. I love it, but it was slightly more than what I would have preferred. I am happy with my decision and hope in the years to come remains a fun and reliable car!"

Attractive styling!

2013 Scion TC

By on Thursday, July 12, 2012

Pros: "Roomy, great sound system, Sporty, good gas milage"

Cons: "None!"

"I recently bought my 2013 Scion TC. I havent driven A manual transmission in over 4yrs and I absolutley LOVE to drive my 6sp. Its roomy than most would think. I compared the back seat leg room with our 2010 4 door Kia Forte and its about the same. I can not wait to add a few upgrades for more hp!"

2nd tc I've owned- no regrets! Great car for price

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pros: "Great value, fun to drive, very safe, holds value"

Cons: "Interior needs improvement"

"I have owned my 2012 tc since September of last year. Before this tc I owned a 2007 tc. I was in an accident"

3rd Times a Charm- Saved My Life

By on Thursday, February 28, 2013

Pros: "SAFETY SAFETY SAFETY"

Cons: "Wish there was way to open hatchback from inside."

"I purchased a 2006 used Scion TC in 2008. I LOVED that car. I had no issues out of it at all. It was Silver 5 speed, handled perfectly. In 2011, we were hit with a hail storm that totaled it sitting in the driveway. I was devasted. I ended up purchasing a 2011 Scion TC, Cement 6 speed. I did notice a sound randomly in the dash two times in the 1 year and a half, but did not last long and Toyota noted it in my file. Unfortunately, I recently was in a collision were someone pulled out in front of me. It was a bigger SUV. From the look of my car, I should not have walked out of the accident. I was wearing my seatbelt thankfully and all my airbags deployed as they should. I walked away with minor bumps and bruises. I am now waiting for the total report so that I can purchase my 2013. Yes, the interior is plastic and could be better... but when it comes down to it. I don't care if my car inside is plastic [it is still nice and works great] as long as the outside does its job. It is a fantastic car. Heat and AC are both fantastic. The five star safety rating is well deserved! Love the room."

fun to drive!!

By on Monday, November 18, 2013

Pros: "SO fun to drive. Sun roof is ideal since car is sm"

Cons: "mp3 player (not an Apple) didn't trnsmit thru syst"

"low maintenance. Just oil changes and tires. no mechanical issues. Only desire is for speed and a trunk/ hatch cover (for stuff in the trunk.)"

Love it!

By on Thursday, October 28, 2010

"I bought my 2011 tC a week ago yesterday, I traded in my 2004 4Runner. I really love the car it drives great, I have a automatic but the automatics come with the tiptronic shifting which is nice and works well. wasnt crazy about the dashboard when i saw the pics online from the pics it looks cheap but in person it didnt look cheap at all and was actually very nice. I still get good MPG even when I drive it aggressively. Good stereo system (mine came with the opt. alpine system). The a car comes standard with 8 air bags, sunroof and nice deep bucket seats which are comfortable. The interior is surprisingly big. Im 22, and drive alot for work. Overall for me 2011 tC is a great price, alot of fun to drive and all aroud a good car, i hope to have it for a long time."

fun safe nice-looking car

By on Monday, January 7, 2013

Pros: "audio, body style, many awesome standard features!"

Cons: "rear view is slightly limited"

Just had a washing

"I just bought a 2013 tc in October 2012. I had it for a few months now and I really enjoy it. It is a really good looking car, audio is good enough you won't need any upgrades. I got the bespoke audio and it really makes the car look more sophisticated. It's quick and smooth ride make it fun to drive. Get the tint and spoiler and fog lights for a more aggressive look in my opinion. I often find myself just taking the tC out for a spin after its all clean and shiny."

Just had a washing

Decent Vehicle for the Money

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The car the first day I got it (Jan 2011)

"I got this car as a college gift because my dad wanted me in a new Toyota or Honda. So out of the two I decided to get this Scion. At first it was cool, looked really aggressive compared to the previous year tc's. Overall, for a 4-cylinder, power wasn't too bad. The 6-Speed manual isn't a bad touch either. The seats are super comfy too. The only problems that I have with this car is that (1) the interior quality is terrible. Within weeks I had scratches all over the door panels and inner panels of my car. (2) The paint quality isn't that great. I got a bunch of scratches on it from washing it my first time. (3) Finally, it doesn't have that get up and go that you would like in a performance vehicle. Overall, it is reliable and get's me from point A to point B. Gas mileage is decent."

The car the first day I got it (Jan 2011)

Best car i have owned

By on Tuesday, November 30, 2010

"This is my fourth brand new car, and it has everything i have been looking for, sporty, yet refined and has a very powerful 2.5ltr engine that has alot of power.. the car has a SUPER good stock stereo, no need to change and they come with 8 airbags and 18" alloy wheels that look great as well as a really cool glass roof and opening sunroof in the front! I would buy another in a heartbeat!"

great value for the money

By on Monday, July 9, 2012

Pros: "Sporty, bulletproof reliability, comfy, affordable"

Cons: "Exhaust note, prefer quieter exhaust"

"the tC has very comfortable seating. I like the styling. Yes, there is a lot of plastic inside - but to those who raise this as an issue I have to ask - didn't you notice that before you bought it? If you want soft leather on the dash, you must pay an extra $5,000 or more for another vehicle, duh. So for the price, this is a great value. I have had a Celica in the past, so the hatchback is like old times, very useful. I know Toyota spent a lot of money on the exhaust note, frankly I would prefer quiet vs the note."

My Christmas present

By on Friday, January 4, 2013

Pros: "great price for a great car"

"My husband got me the 2013 tc for Christmas. I am 57 yrs. old and have a few cars under my belt, but I can say that this one is the most fun by far. It rides and handles like a more expensive car. I love it. I love the look , the feel and just the whole package. It's an awesome little car."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next