2012 Scion tC

Based on 87 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Perfect for a fun daily driver

By on Friday, October 7, 2011

Pros: "Price, Fun to Drive, Easy to Upgrade/Mod, Looks"

Cons: "Hard Plastic Interior, Road Noise"

"The only reason I dont give it 5/5 for comfort is the center armrest. It is too low and made of hard plastic. This is easy to change by ordering a aftermarket padded cover. Quality I gave 4/5 because Toyota had to cut costs on the car with a PANORAMIC roof, a 6 speed trany, and a torqu-ie engine somewhere, and they did it on the materials in the interior. I am not complaining, just trying to give a honest review. Everything else is great, its a blast to drive, its very good looking, its shockingly roomy."

No Complaints!

Reason: End of Lease

"I just traded in my 2011 Scion tC back to the dealership due to my lease ending, and my need to go from a 2-door to a 4-door. If I was still able to keep a 2-door car, I would have bought this car once my lease ended. I had it for 3 years, and I cannot think of a complaint about it. It is fun to drive, had no mechanical issues at all, and was a pleasure to lease. The exterior design is a great upgrade from 2010, especially the 18" wheels. The interior is more spacious than you would originally think too. Plenty of leg room in the front and back seats, and a good amount of cargo space with the seats folded down (fit a +6' Christmas tree multiple years). The USB/iPod connectivity is great (although more common in other vehicles now in 2014), and the Pioneer sound system is excellent. The fuel mileage is as advertised. I got down around 23/24 mpg city in the snow with winter tires on, and as high as 35 mpg on a day trip going mostly highway. The seats are comfortable; not the most comfortable but definitely above average. The interior material seemed a little on the cheap side and the MSRP seemed like it could of been a little cheaper in 2011, but those are the only negatives I can think of. It was overall fun to drive and an extremely reliable car over the 3 years I leased it."

love it

By on Saturday, May 2, 2015

Pros: "sun roof, fun to drive, good on gas, comfortable,"

Cons: "no automatic lights"

"I bought the car brand new back in August--love at first sight! I was a little cautious about it only having the 4cyl engine (my last vehicle was a v6), but don't let the engine size fool you-it will get up and go! It's a very smooth riding and spacious car...YES, I said spacious! I love the panorama roof-might be my favorite thing about the car. I was thinking of upgrading the standard audio system before I actually purchased the car, but the standard system works great-very good quality music. I love that the tC is a hatchback, so trunk space is not an issue like a regular car. It gets good gas, steering wheel audio controls are amazing, and just overall perfect! I'm very happy with it!"

Best Bang for your $'s 4 $ure

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

Pros: "Price, fun to drive, features, Sounds + + + + + +"

Cons: "None really 4 this price 4-Sure"

"The Scion tC is a great Touring Coupe for the price & all the features it contains. I love the driver's seating positions and the way the engine & transmission performs. Decent MPG's + the reliability of the Toyota's four cylinder proven engine. Has great torque & performance is above average for this class. It's just not for young adults. I'm in my 70's and enjoy the way this tC handles, performs for it's low purchase price compared to it's competition. A person must drive one to really find out what a great vehicle the Scion tC is on the road. It is the best in it's class to me. I love it. Try one & see for yourself."

No Complaints!

Reason: End of Lease

13 TC

By on Monday, March 4, 2013

Pros: "Sunroof, sound system, steering wheel & hatchback"

Cons: "squeaky suspension"

"my 1st Scion. Wanted a coupe with fwd due to weather. Great value, comfortable car. Steering initially heavy but gotten used to it. 6 speed manual is smooth but a bit vague. Power/torque feel great, dont feel like I can run it on rails, but the dynamics can make for decent fun."

Fantastic car

By on Monday, February 9, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, price, utility, reliable."

"Absolutely love this car. Great engine and transmission, good MPG I usually always get 28 or better in mixed driving. Lots of interior space for small car, including the back seat and trunk. Blast to drive, big 18" 225/45R18 tires give lots of grip and solid ride. Responsive steering, nicely weighted, ride is a good balance between stiff and comfort."

The best vehicle for the price.

By on Thursday, September 11, 2014

Pros: "Best price for a sporty fun to drive coupe!"

Cons: "interior colors are limited"

"It has been very reliable and the vehicle is loaded with lots of equipment for what you will get for the price of others in the same class. The reliability of this tc I can say is the best I have seen. It also provides more leg room & head room in its class. Sporty, and fun to drive! You definitely get more for the buck! I'm completely happy with my Scion tC and I plan to trade up to the 2015 tC."

Fun and peppy!

By on Friday, June 5, 2015

Pros: "Great handling and sound system"

Cons: "I am questioning the durability of the paint"

"Have had this for two months now and love it. I have the 6 speed manual and it is great. You can have fun off the line by turning off the traction "nanny" with the touch of a button. Corners are fun when come from 100+ mph into tight off ramps. Performance really happens in the 4-6000rmp range. Only draw back is that is is a little sluggish in the 2-4000rmp range. Speakers and interior are wonderful with controls on the steering wheel. With bluetooth for my Pandora off my phone I really don't miss passing up the Bespoke Audio. *Only major issue* The paint is not very durable to small pebbles and such. I did not get the optional front applique and wish I had. I have noticed many small chips in the paint where a very small rock was kicked out of a tire. I would recommend getting the applique for the front bumper and hood."

I love this car

By on Sunday, March 27, 2016

Pros: "She makes that monthly pmt. easier to look at."

"I am 58 years old and it makes me feel like a kid again. It is fun to drive and handles every so well. She is a great car to look at and a very fair price. I love the six speed and free two year oil changes. She just had her first oil change after four months. If I had to do it again I wouldn't change a thing, I'd buy it again. I read a lot of reviews when buying or traveling, but I rarely wright one. I love this car."

love it! thinking of buying another one.

By on Thursday, April 10, 2014

"own the 2006 manual one, still love the ride. only complain the wheels and limited side views."

Great car for the price!

By on Wednesday, November 9, 2011

"Great car, I get so many compliments where ever I go. Amazing handling and awesome styling. An aspect Toyota/Scion could have done better with was the turning radius, too wide. My SUV makes tighter turns. But nonetheless, its a great vehicle."

LOVE IT!

By on Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Pros: "great price, comfortable drive, very roomy inside,"

"I got my 2011 Scion tC in November. I love the new more aggressive look to the car. Since I got it I have had no problems to date. It is a very stylish car, is a comfortable drive and has great fuel economy. I will be driving my car in the years to come."

Second best car I've owned

By on Thursday, January 8, 2015

Pros: "Sporty, Fun to drive, Pretty Quick For A 4Cylinder"

Cons: "No Leather, No Auto Lights/Seats, No Seat Heaters."

"I wanted this vehicle because I liked the "sporty" look it had. But once I got into the vehicle.....it didn't have anything that made me fall in love with it. It looked the same inside as every other one. I was trading in my 07 Jetta, and going from a vehicle that had leather seats, seat heaters, electric seats, automatic headlights, it just wasn't a very good trade. The tC is a nice car don't get me wrong, but it wasn't what I was expecting when I walked into the dealership to do the trade. It's a great teen car, but being 26 years old, I don't feel like I should be driving it.If I could, I would go back to a Jetta in a heartbeat."

By on Tuesday, June 23, 2015

"Compared to other cars this same size I have owned in the past---better than most. Muffler a little noisy, but I think they have marketed this car towards young males. Clutch pedal goes a little too far to the floor, even after it was adjusted."

NOISES EVERYWHERE

By on Wednesday, January 18, 2012

"SUNROOF POPS WHEN IT IS WARM OUTSIDE AND OVER BUMPS - INTERIOR CHEAP PLASTIC - TIRES BAD IN WINTER - VEHICLE RUNS LOUD - NO REAR WIPER - DOOR LOCKS AND SOME SWITCHES HAVE NO LIGHTS - NO AUTO LIGHTS - NOT WORTH THE MONEY"

Great car fo the money

By on Saturday, November 1, 2014

Pros: "Fun and sporty"

Cons: "Plastic cheap interior"

"Too much plastic in interior. Sunroof cover is a joke come on Toyota you can do better! Great looking sporty car so far no issues."

My 2nd tC

By on Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Pros: "price, fun to drive, sporty, big sunroof, mpg"

Cons: "no automatic lights, stock tires don't last long,"

"I had a 2011 tC that I foolishly got rid of for a Fusion. I missed the gas mileage and sportiness of the tC."

Not as sporty as it looks.

By on Saturday, September 24, 2011

Pros: "Good stock sound system, good gas mileage, roomy, cargo room, sporty looking"

Cons: "Performance for price, fwd, driving gets dull after a while."

"The car is nice for a daily driver or a college student but if you want a car for sportiness and acceleration you're better off buying a new camaro for about the same amount of money. Very comfortable and roomy and a ton of cargo room. The fact that its fwd doesn't help if you want a sports car though."

Awesome vehicle for first time car buyers.

By on Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Pros: "Sporty design, Great value, Very fun to drive"

Cons: "No option for leather seats"

"As a young professional this car is really all I can ask for and more. It handles very nicely, it's fun to drive, and being a hatch back allows for a lot of cargo room."

Cheap, but still NOT worth the money!

By on Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Pros: "Relatively unexpensive, spacious , nice exterior"

Cons: "cheap interior, sticking gears, bad cruise control"

"INTERIOR: very cheap, air conditioner knobs are difficult to turn and feel like they are going to break at any given moment, dash makes a rattling noise that will sometimes stop if the driver presses the break, driver's side floor mats had holes in them within the first month of purchasing the vehicle EXTERIOR: looks nice, no issues ENGINE (automatic): gears stick to the point where the driver needs to let off the gas so that the car will shift to the next gear (applicable to lower and higher gears), cruise control knob needs to be bumped up/down THREE times to change the speed by ONE mile"

Good performance, good looks

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, steering, acceleration, reliable"

Cons: "Terrible paint quality"

"I purchased my 2014 tC in black back in August. This car is very fun to drive aggressively, or just taking it on a cruise. I had this car for about 8 months now and enjoy driving it everyday. The car is perfect on power for the average person and both transmissions offer great performance. The pioneer system is much better than other companies offer. The interior is very spacious, even for people sitting in the back seat. Nobody can believe how much leg room there is in the back even with the front seats moved back. The seats are comfortable and supportive for longer drives, and they hold you in tight when turning around corners. The only problem I have with the car is the POOR paint quality. My car is black and there are about 5-10 white chips on the hood, and my front bumper's clear coat has about 50 holes in it.I know cars get marked up, but this is just unacceptable for a car that isn't even a year old. I will have to get it repainted when it starts to look worse and get a quality job to avoid this problem in the future."

Safe to say I am in love with the car!

By on Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Pros: "EVERYTHING"

Cons: "Nothing that I can think of."

"I just recently purchased a 2013 Scion tC, and I have fallen in love immediately! I love the sporty look to it, drives great compared to my last car. The pioneer sound system in amazing! Only issue that I have had is trying to connect to Bluetooth which isn't a big deal to me, I have an aux cord to plug my phone into for music so I'm fine with that! I love the sunroof, and the fact that there is another type of sunroof in the backseat area that doesn't open. It's an amazing car!"

Good performance, good looks

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, steering, acceleration, reliable"

Cons: "Terrible paint quality"

Never Buy Another Scion

By on Friday, October 9, 2015

Reason: Cheap, Problems, Rattles, Noises, Bad Fuel Economy, Low Resale Value

Pros: "Looks cool like it stated too cute"

Cons: "whole car need to be redesigned"

"Horrible fit and finish, Mold smell from a/c, whole car rattles, squeaks, noises from everywhere, it's a over priced TOY CAR, very bad in resale value, take my lost and move on to different brand."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next