2012 Scion tC

Based on 87 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

fun safe nice-looking car

By on Monday, January 7, 2013

Pros: "audio, body style, many awesome standard features!"

Cons: "rear view is slightly limited"

Just had a washing

"I just bought a 2013 tc in October 2012. I had it for a few months now and I really enjoy it. It is a really good looking car, audio is good enough you won't need any upgrades. I got the bespoke audio and it really makes the car look more sophisticated. It's quick and smooth ride make it fun to drive. Get the tint and spoiler and fog lights for a more aggressive look in my opinion. I often find myself just taking the tC out for a spin after its all clean and shiny."

Just had a washing

Decent Vehicle for the Money

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The car the first day I got it (Jan 2011)

"I got this car as a college gift because my dad wanted me in a new Toyota or Honda. So out of the two I decided to get this Scion. At first it was cool, looked really aggressive compared to the previous year tc's. Overall, for a 4-cylinder, power wasn't too bad. The 6-Speed manual isn't a bad touch either. The seats are super comfy too. The only problems that I have with this car is that (1) the interior quality is terrible. Within weeks I had scratches all over the door panels and inner panels of my car. (2) The paint quality isn't that great. I got a bunch of scratches on it from washing it my first time. (3) Finally, it doesn't have that get up and go that you would like in a performance vehicle. Overall, it is reliable and get's me from point A to point B. Gas mileage is decent."

The car the first day I got it (Jan 2011)

Best car i have owned

By on Tuesday, November 30, 2010

"This is my fourth brand new car, and it has everything i have been looking for, sporty, yet refined and has a very powerful 2.5ltr engine that has alot of power.. the car has a SUPER good stock stereo, no need to change and they come with 8 airbags and 18" alloy wheels that look great as well as a really cool glass roof and opening sunroof in the front! I would buy another in a heartbeat!"

great value for the money

By on Monday, July 9, 2012

Pros: "Sporty, bulletproof reliability, comfy, affordable"

Cons: "Exhaust note, prefer quieter exhaust"

"the tC has very comfortable seating. I like the styling. Yes, there is a lot of plastic inside - but to those who raise this as an issue I have to ask - didn't you notice that before you bought it? If you want soft leather on the dash, you must pay an extra $5,000 or more for another vehicle, duh. So for the price, this is a great value. I have had a Celica in the past, so the hatchback is like old times, very useful. I know Toyota spent a lot of money on the exhaust note, frankly I would prefer quiet vs the note."

My Christmas present

By on Friday, January 4, 2013

Pros: "great price for a great car"

"My husband got me the 2013 tc for Christmas. I am 57 yrs. old and have a few cars under my belt, but I can say that this one is the most fun by far. It rides and handles like a more expensive car. I love it. I love the look , the feel and just the whole package. It's an awesome little car."

Excellent Car!

By on Saturday, November 5, 2011

Pros: "beautifully elegant, fun to drive, excellent value"

Cons: "not a coast to coast driver. sporty seats stiff"

"I bought this vehicle brand new from the toyota dealership and I dont have one bad thing to say about this vehicle. Its built very strong, runs stronger and is very stylish and simply put a beautiful car and well worth the 20k I paid for it. If you want a car in this price range there is no competition. You have to see one to beleive it. The 2 door "hatch" feature makes you wounder why we don't see any more cars designed in the same manner! Love this car and would reccomend it to everyone!"

Holds its value, Sporty and Reliable!

By on Friday, August 2, 2013

Pros: "Price, Highest Residual Value, Features, Design"

Cons: "they dont come in pairs haha"

"I researched cars for 4 months before deciding on the tC. I do my homework. I read every consumer report on every vehicle along with expert reports on many different websites. It comes down to the tC flat out beating the competition...for a better price...that holds its value better than any other vehicle in its class and beyond. I bought the Release 10 series special edition. Mine is number 2187 of 3500. Best decision of my life. Its design exterior/interior is incredible, driver focused, functional and with tons of flare. Everyone tells me my car is sharp and sexy. The tC also adds the uniqueness of the hatchback with tons of storage! making it the ultimate adventure mobile. It is not loud, it drives so smooth. And all cars take about 4-6000 miles to break in and they do even better! I cant imagine this car getting any better. My advice from the undecisive researher I am, GET THIS CAR.oh and the sounds system....IS WICKED! Bass will knock you out of the car, and sound quality is flawless."

Excellent Sport Coupe

By on Sunday, March 10, 2013

Pros: "Accelleration, handling, reliability, fuel mileage"

Cons: "Rear seat has no cup holders."

"My tC is a 2013 model. It has the manual transmission 6-speed. Ride quality is firm, but not abusive. Enough room for 4 adults comfortably. Fuel mileage is 34 hwy, and only regular fuel is required. Accelleration is very strong, about that of a Civic Si. Handling is very secure, with no body lean at all...a true sport coupe. Fit/finish is very good, typical of a Toyota product. The tC comes loaded with everything you could possible want, including dual sun-roofs. Short trips or long trips, this is a comfortable car with supportive seats and plenty of leg room for all. Reliability is top-notch. This car is an excellent value if you are in the market for a sport coupe."

This is a great vehicle

By on Monday, December 19, 2011

Pros: "Handles well, roomier than my SC 400, fuel economy"

Cons: "some road noise at highway speeds."

"We are in our 40's, we have just over 20000 miles on our scion. Not one issue since ownership of our vehicle at all. We have been driving Toyota's since 1989. We are getting around 29 mpg so far. I have added a stealth box for more sound. Our car is lowered 3" with the TRD 19" rims, cement grey is our color. We get a ton of compliments on our car my wife and I fight over who is going to drive all or the time. This is a 2011 scion TC bought about 3.5 months ago.."

2011 Style Change

By on Sunday, October 17, 2010

"The new 2011 is a little more responsive (Performance) than the 2010 model. We really like the new styling with the low profile tires and windows and increased back seat head room. This with the added knee bag and other safety feature make this car a great buy."