2012 Scion tC

Based on 87 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

Much improved handling over previous years model!

By on Friday, October 25, 2013

Pros: "Handling is amazing for a FWD car!"

Cons: "No rear wiper, needs 2nd power outlet."

Little Boy

"I have about 2000 miles on my new 2014 Scion tC manual transmission and here are some of my impressions: For 2014 Scion made several changes to the tC: New front and rear bodywork (Looks good to me, although a departure from the previous look, it looks more like the FR-S now) Upgraded steering and suspension improvements have made this car handle amazingly well for a FWD car. Stereo is touchscreen now (I actually prefer non touch screen but this is where the industry is going) The sound is very clear and strong from the Pioneer stereo. The engine is Camry reliable, in fact CR rated Scion as the most reliable brand made. Gas mpg so far after 2 months is 28.0 mpg average in mix city/highway frequently with the a/c or defrost on (defrost runs the a/c compressor). Mpg should continue to increase as the engine gets broken in, and it runs on regular gas. The manual transmission shifts easily with crisp engagement from gear to gear, throws are a bit long but not bad. We just had days of endless rain here and this thing sticks to the road even on rain soaked roads/I was flying around corners and turns and it never lost grip. The new 18 inch wheels look great and hide brake dust as they are partially black. The interior is very roomy, can seat 4 large adults with room to spare and the hatchback is HUGE, I can easily carry all my work gear with me (I carry a ton of boxes and supplies for work). The interior plastic on doors seems cheap and can scuff easily, but scuffs wipe away with a damp rag. Seats are very supportive/comfy and hold you well while you are cornering hard. Sunroof is a nice touch as is the rear roof glass. I wish it had a rear wiper for rain and snow. I have owned well over 2 dozen cars in my lifetime, this car seems like it would last long and be reliable. The engine has 179 horsepower and 172 ft lbs of torque, the torque is actually much higher than the FR-S and you can feel it in every gear, this car pulls strong when accelerating. 0-60 time is rated as anywhere from 6.9 seconds to 7.4 seconds depending on which car magazine/reviewer you read. I wish it had a 2nd power outlet. Overall I am very content so far with my purchase, this is the best handling front wheel car I have ever owned. $4 grand less expensive than a Civic Si, Civics really have a case of the "uglies" the last few years. Scion Tc is a looker! It is amazing in blue!"

Little Boy

Love this car!

By on Monday, September 24, 2012

Pros: "Great price for looks, space, & standard features"

Cons: "Dark interior (especially w/ tinted windows)"

"I love this car! I previously always owned Volkswagens as I have always loved them but after owning 6 of them, the constant issues and all-out problems got tiring. I decided to give a Japanese car a try for their known reliability and the 2012 Scion tC was definitely the best bang for the buck and the best looking in my opinion. The standard features like panoramic sunroof, pioneer sound system, 18" wheels, and safety features was very impressive. It drives and handles the road very well and I average 27mpg in mixed driving. On a road trip to North Carolina and back, I averaged 36 mpg both ways...extremely impressed with a car that can get that kind of mileage and still have some power to have fun with. I compared it mainly to the Mazda 3 and found it to be more versatile and have a better value for the money. Plus I got free maintenance for 2 years/25,000 miles which after spending ridiculous amounts of money on VW service, was a welcome blessing. People have complemented me on it numerous times and friends cant believe how roomy it is inside. The only thing I'd changed about the Scion is the interior...complaing about the hard plastics(look at any other car in the price range,they all use hard plastics) I just wish there were different colors/trims instead of mainly charcoal grey and a dark silver trim. Otherwise I cannot say enough how much I love this car and how impressed I am with Toyota products now. Do yourself a favor and at least check this car out in your search."

Fun Value

By on Monday, January 2, 2012

Pros: "beats my friends camero 2ss around town"

Cons: "no tonneau cover available"

"For the money you cant beat it. Atleast if you get a stick. The automatic doesnt have as much punch to it. But, I can tell you that it is a great overall car. The interior space is great being 6'3" and still having room is a huge bonus. You can even put another 6 footer in back. The fit and finish isnt what I hoped for out of Toyota but it is better than most. The handling in this car is excellent. It grips hard turns at high speeds and just begs to be pushed harder. After owning a Imprezza and making trips through the mountains many times I didnt expect the TC to be able to keep up yet to my suprise it beat it. What can I say its a whole lot of car for $20k brand new"

Awesome

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pros: "Nice to drive"

Cons: "Some people don't like that it feels small"

"I love this car. I was just curious as to its current value if I were to sell it. Many people compliment the car and say how cute it is....Since I am female, I suppose."

Super safe and fun to drive

By on Saturday, September 24, 2011

"I recently wrecked my TC and totaled it. I walked away from the accident with only some bruises. I never would have thought that the vehicle was so safe. I will let everyone I know that Toyota makes a safe vehicle. It saved my life yesterday and I'm very thankful."