2012 Scion tC

Based on 87 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

Perfect for a fun daily driver

By on Friday, October 7, 2011

Pros: "Price, Fun to Drive, Easy to Upgrade/Mod, Looks"

Cons: "Hard Plastic Interior, Road Noise"

"The only reason I dont give it 5/5 for comfort is the center armrest. It is too low and made of hard plastic. This is easy to change by ordering a aftermarket padded cover. Quality I gave 4/5 because Toyota had to cut costs on the car with a PANORAMIC roof, a 6 speed trany, and a torqu-ie engine somewhere, and they did it on the materials in the interior. I am not complaining, just trying to give a honest review. Everything else is great, its a blast to drive, its very good looking, its shockingly roomy."

No Complaints!

By on Thursday, April 10, 2014

Reason: End of Lease

"I just traded in my 2011 Scion tC back to the dealership due to my lease ending, and my need to go from a 2-door to a 4-door. If I was still able to keep a 2-door car, I would have bought this car once my lease ended. I had it for 3 years, and I cannot think of a complaint about it. It is fun to drive, had no mechanical issues at all, and was a pleasure to lease. The exterior design is a great upgrade from 2010, especially the 18" wheels. The interior is more spacious than you would originally think too. Plenty of leg room in the front and back seats, and a good amount of cargo space with the seats folded down (fit a +6' Christmas tree multiple years). The USB/iPod connectivity is great (although more common in other vehicles now in 2014), and the Pioneer sound system is excellent. The fuel mileage is as advertised. I got down around 23/24 mpg city in the snow with winter tires on, and as high as 35 mpg on a day trip going mostly highway. The seats are comfortable; not the most comfortable but definitely above average. The interior material seemed a little on the cheap side and the MSRP seemed like it could of been a little cheaper in 2011, but those are the only negatives I can think of. It was overall fun to drive and an extremely reliable car over the 3 years I leased it."

love it

By on Saturday, May 2, 2015

Pros: "sun roof, fun to drive, good on gas, comfortable,"

Cons: "no automatic lights"

"I bought the car brand new back in August--love at first sight! I was a little cautious about it only having the 4cyl engine (my last vehicle was a v6), but don't let the engine size fool you-it will get up and go! It's a very smooth riding and spacious car...YES, I said spacious! I love the panorama roof-might be my favorite thing about the car. I was thinking of upgrading the standard audio system before I actually purchased the car, but the standard system works great-very good quality music. I love that the tC is a hatchback, so trunk space is not an issue like a regular car. It gets good gas, steering wheel audio controls are amazing, and just overall perfect! I'm very happy with it!"

Best Bang for your $'s 4 $ure

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

Pros: "Price, fun to drive, features, Sounds + + + + + +"

Cons: "None really 4 this price 4-Sure"

"The Scion tC is a great Touring Coupe for the price & all the features it contains. I love the driver's seating positions and the way the engine & transmission performs. Decent MPG's + the reliability of the Toyota's four cylinder proven engine. Has great torque & performance is above average for this class. It's just not for young adults. I'm in my 70's and enjoy the way this tC handles, performs for it's low purchase price compared to it's competition. A person must drive one to really find out what a great vehicle the Scion tC is on the road. It is the best in it's class to me. I love it. Try one & see for yourself."

No Complaints!