2011 Scion tC

Based on 87 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

Biggest Bang For My Buck

By on Thursday, July 26, 2012

Pros: "Fit/finish, Handling, engine, economy."

"I bought my 2012 Tc a number of months ago, and have logged quite a few miles. I traded in my 2010 Mustang GT on this car. It's my first Toyota made vehicle, and I am very impressed! Although my V8 Mustang could out accellerate my new Tc, I clearly doubt the Mustang could out-handle the Scion around turns. The quality, fit/finish of this Scion is leaps and bounds over any American built car I have owned. All the standard features are mind blowing! Its no wonder Toyotas sell so well. The fuel mileage on the Tc is about double compared to my Mustang GT, around 36 highway. Yes, I do have the manual transmission. Engine performance is very impressive for a 4 cylinder engine, actually feels like a strong V6. Comfort and interior room are amazing...again much better than my 2010 Mustang. This car is fun around town, and is a competant long-distance highway cruiser. I consider this car to be the perfect all around vehicle for the performance minded. It certainly is no Porsche Boxster, but for the money, it gets you pretty close by. Two thumbs-up for Toyota/Scion!!!"

I loved my Scion tC

By on Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Pros: "Has a lil power... handles well... good on gas..."

Cons: "In 4 years paint started to wear away in spots"

My Scion saved my life!!!!

"I used to own a 2006 Scion tC. I put a lil over 100,000 miles on it until some idiot rear ended me on the highway... I lost control, flew up a dirt embankment, rolled 3 times and slid a long ways upside down on the highway before I came to a stop. AND I WALKED AWAY!!! My Scion saved my life. I never had any maintenance issues... All I did was change the oil every 5000 miles... I'm buying another one ASAP!!!"

My Scion saved my life!!!!

Overpriced, but excellent features for my taste!

By on Friday, August 12, 2016

Pros: "Great sound, attractive, fun, mileage"

Cons: "1 reverse light, no temp gauge, noisy windows, $$"

Attractive styling!

"This is my first new car, I purchased the 2011 Scion TC Gen 2 Coupe, after owning a 2002 Saturn SL2 for almost 4 years. The Scion is much bigger than my car even only having 2 doors! I am not into "luxury features" such as leather, key-less entry, digital dashboards, and fancy wood veneers and accents, none of which this car came with. In fact they turn me off! I look for sporty styling, excellent sound system (I enjoy blasting my beats), responsive handling and decent mileage. My original consideration was the Mazda 3 hatchback, however I ended up test driving the TC first and that ride changed my decision! Sound: Incredible; the subwoofers on this baby pump hardcore, and every genre of music comes out perfect. However, the entire interior is plastic, so it rattles like crazy if you listen to bass-heavy songs. The EQ and controls are simple and effective, however you can only have two bluetooth devices connected at a time, which is a bummer as when I have guests it's easier for them to use BT in the back seat. Features: Cloth seats (my favorite) are comfortable and bucket-style, race inspired and keeps me and my company in place on winding roads. Rear seats recline, which is a major plus for my as I have lower back problems and it is pretty fancy for my guests to relax as we cruz! The hatchback is also very versatile, and makes use of the car's space. Even only having 2 doors it feels quite roomy. The sunroof is very noisy over 45mph, and intolerable even with blasting music at 55mph+. The windows are very loud when down as well, anything other than city driving is too distracting. The top of the car is nearly all glass with the sunroof, moonroof, and hatch. Two things that seem very off is there is no temperature gauge.... anywhere. Scion just decided not to add one, along with only one rear brake light (I googled it, they just were not equipped with them). Two kinda basic things just are just no where to be found. Performance: Pretty responsive, and can be utilized more or less adequately for quick maneuvers and whipping around bends. You can 0-60 very quickly compared to most other sedans and passenger cars in it's class. Handling stays sharp and you hardly notice when going even up to 95mph (close course of course). I have consistently been getting 32mpg even in heavy traffic most of the time. Styling: Overall a decently aggressive looking car, all my friends love it and enjoy the styling. Mine has a spoiler and I plan on doing a few upgrades, but as a more or less stock car it is quite attractive. I especially love the 18" wheels! Biggest bummer is it came with no tinting, which for me having sensitive eyes is an issue. Overall, I think the car was somewhat overpriced for what it is, a simple, stylish, and fun-to-drive car. I love it, but it was slightly more than what I would have preferred. I am happy with my decision and hope in the years to come remains a fun and reliable car!"

Attractive styling!

fun to drive!!

By on Monday, November 18, 2013

Pros: "SO fun to drive. Sun roof is ideal since car is sm"

Cons: "mp3 player (not an Apple) didn't trnsmit thru syst"

"low maintenance. Just oil changes and tires. no mechanical issues. Only desire is for speed and a trunk/ hatch cover (for stuff in the trunk.)"

Best vehicle ever!

By on Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Pros: "handles well, great price, great stereo"

Cons: "cheap interior, door rattled, had to fix it."

"This car is so much fun to drive. The sound system comes stock with pioneer speakers(no subwoofer unfortunatly). It handles well, doesnt have the most power for a little car with a sports look, but I have been tuning mine and I have to say it has a lot of potential for more horsepower. I would definately recommend this car over its other competitors."