2011 Scion tC

Based on 87 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

I loved my Scion tC

By on Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Pros: "Has a lil power... handles well... good on gas..."

Cons: "In 4 years paint started to wear away in spots"

My Scion saved my life!!!!

"I used to own a 2006 Scion tC. I put a lil over 100,000 miles on it until some idiot rear ended me on the highway... I lost control, flew up a dirt embankment, rolled 3 times and slid a long ways upside down on the highway before I came to a stop. AND I WALKED AWAY!!! My Scion saved my life. I never had any maintenance issues... All I did was change the oil every 5000 miles... I'm buying another one ASAP!!!"

My Scion saved my life!!!!

Scion has once again made a solid sporty car!

By on Monday, December 28, 2015

Pros: "affordable, sporty, plenty of cargo space"

Cons: "interior fabric is cheap"

"After having owned previous "sport like" cars, I have noticed that the scion tc has been going in the correct direction. Yes the car is not meant to compete with other turbo 4 cylinder cars. Remember that the scion tc is not leaned toward being fast as it priority. Scion Tc has a balance of great sporty look, and a nice comfortable smooth ride. It does have a 2.5 liter engine from toyota which if you need a nice looking car to get to and from places in the city, this cars engine is more than enough. The torque is there just have it rev and the engine responds especially in the highway. Scion did not focus on the interior cloth, one can tell that its mostly cheap material but the stock car audio system will confirm that the money spent on the car is well worth it. The car steering feels good alongside with decent handling coming from MacPherson strut suspension setup. Toyota could have upgraded the suspension to double wish bone for better stability coming that the car is heavy than average for a 4 cylinder motor. The cars automatic transmission is not the best if not warmed up. The car does require you to start and warm up the engine and transmission in order for it to adequately work. The scion tc does have plenty of cargo space when compared to other 2 door sporty cars."

Best vehicle ever!

By on Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Pros: "handles well, great price, great stereo"

Cons: "cheap interior, door rattled, had to fix it."

"This car is so much fun to drive. The sound system comes stock with pioneer speakers(no subwoofer unfortunatly). It handles well, doesnt have the most power for a little car with a sports look, but I have been tuning mine and I have to say it has a lot of potential for more horsepower. I would definately recommend this car over its other competitors."

very good economy car

By on Sunday, August 28, 2011

Pros: "great handling"

Cons: "big blind spots"

"The car is great overall and i love it. Great for a dailt driver, has excellent gas milage. Looks beautiful and aggressive but not as aggressive as some may think. The one flaw i find is the car has a huge blind spot for when changing lanes. The two panes behind the rear windows are extremely wide and blocks a big portion of view when changing lanes."

Overpriced, but excellent features for my taste!

By on Friday, August 12, 2016

Pros: "Great sound, attractive, fun, mileage"

Cons: "1 reverse light, no temp gauge, noisy windows, $$"

Attractive styling!

"This is my first new car, I purchased the 2011 Scion TC Gen 2 Coupe, after owning a 2002 Saturn SL2 for almost 4 years. The Scion is much bigger than my car even only having 2 doors! I am not into "luxury features" such as leather, key-less entry, digital dashboards, and fancy wood veneers and accents, none of which this car came with. In fact they turn me off! I look for sporty styling, excellent sound system (I enjoy blasting my beats), responsive handling and decent mileage. My original consideration was the Mazda 3 hatchback, however I ended up test driving the TC first and that ride changed my decision! Sound: Incredible; the subwoofers on this baby pump hardcore, and every genre of music comes out perfect. However, the entire interior is plastic, so it rattles like crazy if you listen to bass-heavy songs. The EQ and controls are simple and effective, however you can only have two bluetooth devices connected at a time, which is a bummer as when I have guests it's easier for them to use BT in the back seat. Features: Cloth seats (my favorite) are comfortable and bucket-style, race inspired and keeps me and my company in place on winding roads. Rear seats recline, which is a major plus for my as I have lower back problems and it is pretty fancy for my guests to relax as we cruz! The hatchback is also very versatile, and makes use of the car's space. Even only having 2 doors it feels quite roomy. The sunroof is very noisy over 45mph, and intolerable even with blasting music at 55mph+. The windows are very loud when down as well, anything other than city driving is too distracting. The top of the car is nearly all glass with the sunroof, moonroof, and hatch. Two things that seem very off is there is no temperature gauge.... anywhere. Scion just decided not to add one, along with only one rear brake light (I googled it, they just were not equipped with them). Two kinda basic things just are just no where to be found. Performance: Pretty responsive, and can be utilized more or less adequately for quick maneuvers and whipping around bends. You can 0-60 very quickly compared to most other sedans and passenger cars in it's class. Handling stays sharp and you hardly notice when going even up to 95mph (close course of course). I have consistently been getting 32mpg even in heavy traffic most of the time. Styling: Overall a decently aggressive looking car, all my friends love it and enjoy the styling. Mine has a spoiler and I plan on doing a few upgrades, but as a more or less stock car it is quite attractive. I especially love the 18" wheels! Biggest bummer is it came with no tinting, which for me having sensitive eyes is an issue. Overall, I think the car was somewhat overpriced for what it is, a simple, stylish, and fun-to-drive car. I love it, but it was slightly more than what I would have preferred. I am happy with my decision and hope in the years to come remains a fun and reliable car!"

Attractive styling!