2011 Scion tC

Based on 87 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

Reliable, but falls short in just a few things.

By on Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pros: "Handling, Price, Feel of the Road, Styling"

Cons: "Speed, Just overall Basic"

"First let me start off by saying this is my first review of a car I have owned. The first thing I will start off with the exterior. I think the exterior is the best part of the car! Its sporty with a lot of attitude. I have the optional spoiler which I really like, even though it has no performance value to a FWD car. I do wish the car had standard privacy glass, none of the windows are tinted, and it doesn't make you feel very cool. haha The rims are fantastic, no need to ever change those, as they are already 18 inches! The interior is just a tad bland. This is mainly due to the fact is is supposed to be affordable. I have the upgraded ALPINE stereo, which makes the whole car shake, and I don't have any subwoofers! The steering wheel and the driving position are great, the thick steering wheel really add the the sport feel of the car. Now on to the performance. Lets just say the car has more bark than bite. The 180 hp 4 cylinder get the job done, but not in a straight race. I have the 6 speed automatic, and its about 8 seconds 0-60, which I would say is below average for this car category. The cornering is fantastic, and I have just the stock wheels and tires. Lets just say I can hit an off ramp on the toll road at 70 and there is just a little squeek from the tires. Needless to say this is more of a track car rather than a drag car, and let me just say, its really neither of those. The car is perfect for any teenager to young adult who wants to look cool, without completely breaking the bank, and not wanting to waste a lot of money on gas. I personally get around a 25 mpg average when I am in town, and when I decide to have a little fun with it, right around 20 with hard acceleration. Hope this helps any potential Buyers!!!"

Scion has once again made a solid sporty car!

By on Monday, December 28, 2015

Pros: "affordable, sporty, plenty of cargo space"

Cons: "interior fabric is cheap"

"After having owned previous "sport like" cars, I have noticed that the scion tc has been going in the correct direction. Yes the car is not meant to compete with other turbo 4 cylinder cars. Remember that the scion tc is not leaned toward being fast as it priority. Scion Tc has a balance of great sporty look, and a nice comfortable smooth ride. It does have a 2.5 liter engine from toyota which if you need a nice looking car to get to and from places in the city, this cars engine is more than enough. The torque is there just have it rev and the engine responds especially in the highway. Scion did not focus on the interior cloth, one can tell that its mostly cheap material but the stock car audio system will confirm that the money spent on the car is well worth it. The car steering feels good alongside with decent handling coming from MacPherson strut suspension setup. Toyota could have upgraded the suspension to double wish bone for better stability coming that the car is heavy than average for a 4 cylinder motor. The cars automatic transmission is not the best if not warmed up. The car does require you to start and warm up the engine and transmission in order for it to adequately work. The scion tc does have plenty of cargo space when compared to other 2 door sporty cars."

Thrill of a Sporty Car with Practicability

By on Thursday, September 12, 2013

Pros: "Bang for your Buck, Sporty but still Practical"

Cons: "No head room for Rear Passengers, heavy doors"

"I Bought my 2011 Scion TC in the beginning of August and after doing a lot of homework on what was available on the market I was sold as soon I took it for a test drive. If you are looking for the fun of a sports car with a tight budget or don't wanna make a lot of compromises that some sports cars force you to do, then the second generation TC is an excellent choice. The TC looks fantastic and nothing like a hatchback. Every time I open the hatch my friends are blown away by the amount of storage space the TC can accommodate. It's Great for college students hauling their stuff from home and to the dorm rooms every year. The 2.5 liter 6 speed 4 cylinder automatic isn't really pretty to look at under the hood as the engine wasn't given a cover, but in terms of reliability and performance you cannot beat it for the price. Driving long distances on the highway you will get over 31 MPG with the ECO setting that can be turned off and on from the gauge control's and it includes a AVG MPG display so you can track your fuel consumption. Where the TC impressed me is that if you also want a car that has emotion and feeling in the steering wheel it will impress you. We all like gas mileage and efficiency, but sometimes you just wanna have some fun behind the wheel! The Tectonic shiftier does take some getting used to but with some practice the car can really preform. On a "closed course" I managed to get up to 125 mph in the 5th gear before I had to slow down. Acceleration is great you can feel the pickup every time you press on the pedal makes blowing past those annoying semi's easy. Handling does take some getting used too while the car has great stability and grips the road sometimes the car feels a little heavy or stiff in the turns, but if you turn off the traction control it does help in those fun mountain roads. The interior is made of some kind of plastic and while it isn't the most pleasant thing to touch that doesn't really take away from the styling and the other features of the interior. The glove box sits high enough that it can be easily accessed while driving if needed and it won't hit your passenger in the knees when you open it. The Tc can sit 4 people comfortably, just make sure the rear passages are not too tall because head room isn't that great in the back, but there is plenty of leg room. Getting in and out of the TC is difficult sometimes especially for the rear passengers, because the doors are heavy and while the front driver and passenger seats do a great job at making you feel comfortable while driving they do have a tendency to get in the way at times and The front Seat belts are placed in an awkward positions making them hard to grab. The Sound system is a 300 watt Pioneer sound system and it works great. Comes with both a USB and AUX jack and you can access your Mp3 library from the stereo itself. You can play anything from Classical to Dub-step and it will sound great, but the plastic material of the interior means you are going to get a little rattling if you play your music loud like I do. Dynomat your doors if it bothers you. Air Condition works great, the Large sun roof is also a nice touch opens the car up on those beautiful days in the summer. If you like to do aftermarket upgrades the TC is one of the easiest cars to work on yourself. I added fog lights after I bought the car and they went in effortlessly. Overall its a great buy for someone who wants the thrill of a sports car but still wants to use it as a daily driver."

release 7.0

By on Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pros: "looks,interior,ride,sporty,well equiped"

Cons: "mpg could be a little better"

"love this car! looks awesome! real head turner!"

Amazing for the price!

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, good power, good sound"

Cons: "Needs more tint on windows."

Day after purchase, now has the factory spoiler option.

"Keep in mind that this car is less than $20,000 (sticker price anyway). It has a great sporty feel, and i believe the six speed manual transmission is geared great for everyday driving. The power comes on strong, as if you want you can spin up through third gear. Factory exhaust has a very nice sporty sound without being loud. Gas mileage is very respectable for my driving conditions (27 in the city/country mix). Seats and interior are comfortable. Heats up quickly in the winter. The factory audio system sounds very good, i just recommend a small sub woofer in the back to achieve tighter bass; the factory speakers are a bit muddy at times. Tinted windows would be a plus, probably a future upgrade. Panoramic sunroof is nice, does make noise in sub-freezing temps. That is to be expected, as the cold metal car body flexes more than the big sheet of glass on top. This isn't something to worry or view as negative in my opinion, its just simple physics. This car was an excellent purchase in my opinion and i couldn't be happier. Like I said, for its price its a very good deal."

Day after purchase, now has the factory spoiler option.