2007 Scion tC

Based on 681 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Best First Car Ever!!

By on Thursday, October 13, 2016

Pros: "Cheap, low maintenance, stylish, peppy, RELIABLE"

Cons: "Head room in back seats"

"I bought this car when I was 16 with 20,000 miles on it. Ever since I bought it, it has been nothing but perfect. When I was in Hugh School, my friends would always comment on how cool my car was. They always wanted me to drive them. I live in Colorado, so I had tons of snowy winters, but the tC never let me down. If you get winter tires, the car is amazing in the snow. I took it on a few winter road trips with my buddies to the mountains to go skiing, and it was a beast in the snowy hills. It is super fun to drive, easy to handle, and super safe. I would recommend this car to anyone who wants a responsible, yet sporty car. I get great gas milage, and I have never had to get ANYTHING replaced! I am 6'4", so I have some trouble getting into the car, but once inside, I have plenty of head room. Girls love the car, and so do all my friends. Definitely buy this."

Looks great, handles well, extremely slow.

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Pros: "Looks good,affordable."

Cons: "Manual transmissions weak, very slow."

"Looks great inside and out, drives on winding roads like its on rails,165 hp is not enough in my opinion, it should have came with a turbo charger although they do offer a supercharger but it's not much faster with it. There's a major flaw with 5th gear in the manual transmissions,Toyota fails to acknowledge, when I took it to them they said the shift bushings were the reason why 5th failed for me but I took it to a shop that works on nothing but transmissions and they said was fine, but after looking online at some forums It's a common issue.But other than the 5th gear problem the car has been great for the price.Anyone looking to buy one be wary of the manual, you can fit a manual transmission from an 02-03 camry with no modification, it bolts right up, has better gear ratios, and has stronger gears.I have owned the car since new and the only repair I've done was the transmission."

Hate to lose it :(

By on Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Pros: "No major issues or expenses since 2007!"

"The only, ONLY reason I need to trade in this car is because it's a stick shift and the amount of hill driving I'll be doing for my new job would turn into a nightmare. I purchased this car for my husband, then took it as my own 5 years later when I traded in my other care for his new SUV. I was ECSTATIC to get this car as a hand me down and for it to become my daily driver. It is the first car I owned past making payments and I'm going to miss it something terribly. Maybe I'll sell it to my brother instead of trading it in for something else, he drove it once and fell it love with it. He's a mechanic, so I'd guess that's a standing ovation. There are very few downsides to this car and I'm sure they all just come from age, most of them. 1) The back panel cover for the hatch release came loose and occasionally I have to stick it back in place. 2) After years of heavy use I need to trigger the hatch release twice before the hatch door can be opened. This happened before the paneling became loose and likely caused it by me pulling up on the hatch door before it's latch was fully released. 3) Pulling up the emergency brake can he heard though the stereo, it causes feedback through the speakers. Only when it's actually being engaged/disengaged, not the whole time it's on. I've only noticed it when I have the stereo on AUX input. The AUX jack is inside the center console behind the eBrake so I'm guessing that over time a barrier between the two has become flabby. 4) The center console light has malfunctioned and turns off when I turn on my headlights. The dealership said this was a common glitch and offered to fix it (for a price). The car was out of warranty when this happened and it wasn't worth spending what it would cost to replace."

Great car

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "drives well, good price"

Cons: "No updated features"

"Was one of the first to purchase this car back in 2004, loved it then, and still driving the same car with no major issues. I keep up with my maintenance as required and still driving strong."

I love my scion

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, fun to modify overall just a fun car"

"I've had my scion tC for a few years now and til this day I still get excited when I get behind the wheel of my tC. The car's bucket seats are comfortable, and the car itself is so compact, I definitely love the dual moon/sun roof, its perfect for driving with all my windows opened during the summer, its a great cruise car, fun to modify and very easy to modify, I've replaced my 07 tail lights with the unlimited scion tyc tail lights and swapped the baged grills to de-badged grills, I love this car, its fun, and if you're creative theres so much you can do with the tC, I've seen it done. Also I find that the tC has a very unique look, which I like a lot. I've had a few maintenance done to the car since I've had it but nothing major, it's a car so there will be minor fixes and replacements here and there, I love the small back seat windows, as well as the hatch coupe style of the car, I wasn't a big fan of the long antenna so I replaced mine with a s2k 7inch antenna, which works perfectly. The think I love most about the tC is its very easy to customize it to whatever look you want, although I'm not a big fan of the 2nd generation, there isn't much you can do with those. Over all the scion tC is a great car, fun to work with, fun to drive I'd recommend it for anyone whose on a budget when purchasing a car and for anyone who likes to customize cars."