2006 Scion tC

Based on 679 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Great Reliable Car!

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

"Pros: It's made by Toyota so mechanically it's a great car. It has a timing chain instead of a timing belt so you don't have to worry about changing it out. The 5 speed manual is alot of fun to drive. Super cold A/C. I love the sunroof that covers the whole top of the car and flips open. Gets reasonable gas mileage approx 26 mpg on average. Comfortable and roomy yet sporty. I love the cupholders in the back seat. They are off to the sides and not in your way. I also love that I can get a sporty looking car that has 3 seatbelts in the back that all have sholder belts. I can fit all three of my kids in the back with my two oldest on the sides and the baby and his carseat in the middle. Cons: You can hear alot of road noise once you get up to highway speeds and it can be difficult to see out of when backing up. The black interior and glass top causes the car to get very warm inside if it's setting in the sun but the A/C cools it down fast. Overall I think this car is an amazing value and I love mine."

Great car for anyone!

By on Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pros: "Reliability, gas mileage, interior, sporty looks"

Cons: "No AUX port, slightly noisy engine"

"I'm a college kid, so I probably fit into the target market for this car, but I can see this being the perfect car for anyone. It has a Camry engine, so it's reliable. It has TONS of cargo space when you fold down the rear seats, with the ability to haul large, somewhat tall items. I usually get about 30 MPG highway and 24/25 city, which is higher than the estimates of 27/20, which I was delighted to find. The interior is well finished, especially for a car in this price range. Reliability, nicely-trimmed interior, good gas mileage, sporty looks... What more can you really ask of a car? Complaints? Well the only thing I can say is I was surprised to find that it didn't have an AUX port for MP3 players to connect to the stereo (that feature arrived in the 2006 models). Also, the car is geared for high RPM, presumably to give it a sporty feel, but the high engine revs can get somewhat annoying in stop-and-go traffic. I'm all about a good engine note, but a 4-cylinder Toyota engine is not exactly what I'd like to hear loudly. Overall, a fantastic little reliable car, with very good interior trim considering the price! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!"

Hate to lose it :(

By on Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Pros: "No major issues or expenses since 2007!"

"The only, ONLY reason I need to trade in this car is because it's a stick shift and the amount of hill driving I'll be doing for my new job would turn into a nightmare. I purchased this car for my husband, then took it as my own 5 years later when I traded in my other care for his new SUV. I was ECSTATIC to get this car as a hand me down and for it to become my daily driver. It is the first car I owned past making payments and I'm going to miss it something terribly. Maybe I'll sell it to my brother instead of trading it in for something else, he drove it once and fell it love with it. He's a mechanic, so I'd guess that's a standing ovation. There are very few downsides to this car and I'm sure they all just come from age, most of them. 1) The back panel cover for the hatch release came loose and occasionally I have to stick it back in place. 2) After years of heavy use I need to trigger the hatch release twice before the hatch door can be opened. This happened before the paneling became loose and likely caused it by me pulling up on the hatch door before it's latch was fully released. 3) Pulling up the emergency brake can he heard though the stereo, it causes feedback through the speakers. Only when it's actually being engaged/disengaged, not the whole time it's on. I've only noticed it when I have the stereo on AUX input. The AUX jack is inside the center console behind the eBrake so I'm guessing that over time a barrier between the two has become flabby. 4) The center console light has malfunctioned and turns off when I turn on my headlights. The dealership said this was a common glitch and offered to fix it (for a price). The car was out of warranty when this happened and it wasn't worth spending what it would cost to replace."

I consider my car as one of my best friends!

By on Friday, March 29, 2013

Pros: "Reliability, customizeability, fun"

Cons: "tires are always needing replacing"

"I bought my TC with 11 miles on it in September of 2005 and now (03/28/2013) I have 186,000 miles on it and have not once taken it to the shop for any repairs other than replacing tires. Mind you, I am not that good with being on time with maintenance, even once pushing 5,000 miles OVER the 5,000 miles for oil change mark. I absolutely love my car and will buy newer models from now on. Til this day, I keep getting compliments from strangers for my car. :)"

Great car

By on Monday, February 4, 2013

Pros: "great car good mp good reliabilty"

Cons: "backseat, noise, head room"

"My wife and i bought this car when it was 2 years old. It had 30 thousand miles on it then and since we have put 100 thousand on it. Car still runs great doesnt use oil, love the sportiness with the fuel mileage, which is about 31 hwy. I have a big truck so my wife drives it since i drive over 100 miles a day to work and she drives 20. We both love this car. Do wish it had more head room. I am 6 flat and I have problems getting in but once I am in plenty of room. More insulation in the rear underneath the cargo area would be great too since the toyota racing exhaust does get loud inside the cabin. The back seat is great but hard to get into and hard to put a car seat in"

Nice daily driver

By on Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Pros: "reliability, sporty for an affordable price."

Cons: "very few"

"Very nice daily driver, very reliable. Stops on a dime. Driving experience is enjoyable. Good for a small family. Entertainment center is well designed. Handling is sporty."

Perfect Car!!

By on Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Pros: "Great car for money."

"I love this car!!! I'm 6'6, and I fit perfectly and extremely comfortable in this car surprisingly. Runs smooth, quick and zippy. Great features, love the radio cover, easy maintenance, very customizable for cheap. Back seats are extremely comfortable as well. Just very little. Overall perfect car. Shakes a little bit when at lights, but nothing bad at all."

Amazing first car, I'm hooked on Scion.

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "Affordable, well equipped, fun to drive, reliable."

Cons: "The hatch handle/release tends to break, careful!"

"Bought the car new when I was 18. It's been everything to me. It's gotten me through a lot. You'd be surprised what a fun to drive, reliable car can do for your whole outlook and quality of life. My tC has never let me down, and has even led to friendships I wouldn't have discovered outside of the Scion community. I'm sadly looking to part with it in about two months, in order to get the newest member of the Scion family, the FR-S. I'm truely going to miss this great car, and I hope it's next owner takes care of it and loves it as much as I have. Go buy a Scion. You won't regret it."

Good Buy For The Money

By on Wednesday, March 12, 2008

"This car is awesome. Fun to drive and catches eyes on the road. This car has great handling and is easy to drive. Alot of safety features to keep you comfortable driving it. The additional options are great and some really set the car off. I have the carbon fiber, pedestal spoiler, illumination kit, fog lights, and mud guards. I recommend the mud guards because Toyota paint chips very easily and the tires do stick out past the wheel wells so the 30 dollars is worth it. But for the money you cant beat this car. I drove a Tiburon and a Civic and neither compare to this car. If your looking for a coupe with a reasonable price this is the way to go."

Bought both my teenage girls a TC

By on Thursday, September 5, 2013

"Bought my 17 year old a 2005 with 60k miles on it for Christmas. 2 years later buying my other daughter a 2006 with 80k miles. Both my girls LOVE these cars. I would highly recommend the TC? (It's also fun to drive for us Moms)."