2000 Saturn S-Series

Based on 180 Ratings for the 2000 - 2002 models.

Execellent gas mileage, very minor repairs.

By on Sunday, May 5, 2013

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Nothing"

"We have owned this car for over 4 years. This car is just fantastic, reliability,quality of construction is execellent! Plus our gas mileage is out of this world,,,,40 MPG in the city, and 55MPG on the highway! We plan on keeping this car for as long as possible."

WONDERFUL

By on Sunday, October 23, 2011

"i bought this car used in '05 with 67,000 miles on it... it's now 2011, i've had minimal repairs (basic upkeep, minor body work from collisions) and the car is still going strong; we have travelled the country coast to coast together several times. Aprox. 40mpg- highway-. It's paid for, and gets great gas milage; is reliable... what more could you ask for??"

By on Friday, November 11, 2011

Pros: "Cute, reliable, great value, easy to fix."

Cons: "A bit small for a sedan."

"This is simply the best car I have owned yet. It is stylish, comfortable, good on gas and very reliable. It is on the small side for a 4 door. The paint is still glossy and mine is a 2002!"

Great value for my money!

By on Monday, November 24, 2014

Pros: "Great price, Gas Mileage, Reliable"

Cons: "Different Brakes (But not terrible)"

"This is my first car and I've driven it primarily out of three cars in my driveway. I prefer driving my Saturn as it is always a comfortable feel and I always look forward to my next drive. Being behind the wheel of a Saturn is satisfaction all it's own. Hitting the open road is it's next great quality. Cornering in the Saturn is phenomenal with such reactive steering as opposed to other cars where you must start turning the wheel before you but the indicator on. The accelerator feels firm and doesn't launch you or force tire spin with a minor tap like other cars do. It gently propels you with a normal touch (bit of a different story for lead foots). This obviously isn't a race car, but it still can go fast and you can still make the tires squeal should you want. My only problem is the brakes. It's not that they are bad -- It's just that I feel they could be a bit better. It feels like it takes a bit more pressure for the brakes to work the way most cars do. I can still stop when I need to stop in case of an emergency, but I wish I didn't have to push down that extra amount. The gas mileage is one of the best advantages to this car. Play your cards right and you can squeeze 400 miles from one tank."

good basic car, very economical

By on Friday, August 1, 2014

Pros: "inexpensive and economical"

Cons: "intake man. gasket problem 98-01,not very powerful"

"This is a good car for around town. It's a bit small and the seats have no lumbar support,so long trips or extended highway use would depend on your back and if you mind being one of the smaller cars on the highway. I get about 30mpg around town and 41mpg on the highway. It has been very reliable with the only real problem being the crimped intake manifold gasket, which I read was a manufacturing problem on the 98-01 cars, and was not an expensive fix. Other than that I've only had to do routine maintenance and replace normal wear parts. Overall it's been a very good car, and the plastic body is a plus as it doesn't rust or get parking lot dings."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Saturn S-Series near Honolulu. See local deals