1996 Saturn S-Series

8.1

Based on 325 Ratings for the 1996 - 1999 models.

It's easy enough to maintain.

By on Monday, September 5, 2011

Pros: "good price, lasts a long time, little to no repairs, easy maintenance, love this car!!!"

Cons: "front doors don't stay open very long=has caught my leg more than once, no trash recepticle"

"I drive in the city and on the highways around several states. The car is just right for me. My dog travels in the back seat. I think the trunk is very roomy for the size car. It does have trouble on hot days keeping the car cool, but even that doesn't deter me from wanting another. I was very sad to hear they were not going to make the Saturns any more. No other car has been as dependable or economical for me. I really like the car!!"

By on Monday, August 9, 2010

"Ive owned this car for two years and have never had a problem with the engine. i had to replace alot because i got hit on the freeway, the car didnt flip as i fishtailed into the ditch. But everything that I replaced was very cheap. I drove this car to 180,000 miles and sold it to my cousin who is still driving it today. most people who drove my car got clostrofobic no matter were they sat but other than that I loved this car"

great vehicle

By on Tuesday, August 25, 2009

"I purchased this little wagon over 3 years ago, it is as basic as they get 5 speed trans. However the gas milage is great i have seen 40 mpg with the right conditions. I average about 34 between highway and city. the only thing i had to replace besides routine stuff is, temp. sensor, everything else has been normal, brakes, tires, exhaust, plugs, wires,"

LOVED this car!

By on Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Pros: "Practically everything/dependable"

Cons: "Back seats uncomfortable/tight fit"

"Bought new and have owned this car for 18 years. It has been from Colorado to Montana, to Utah, to New Mexico and all over North Carolina. It has required only a few repairs (5-6) and those within the last 5 years -- she's getting older of course. Only one cost a bit over $300, one at $120, the rest below $60! Unbelievable vehicle for a 2 person family. I could always count on it getting me where I needed to go and its handling is amazing. Fun to drive! Only problem: if you squish folks in the back seat they're probably not going to enjoy it as much as the driver does. They just don't make them like this anymore...."

Practical, durable, and economical

By on Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Pros: "great fuel economy, low cost of ownership"

Cons: "road noise, low profile hurts visibility"

"I bought my 1997 SW1 wagon in November of 1996 and am still driving it today (Jun 2012), coming up on 200,000 miles. I had dealer maintenance done up until Saturn closed its doors. The car has terrific fuel economy (I get 30 to 35mpg with a mix of highway and city driving) and reliability. I've been through four batteries, three sets of tires, and one alternator but everything else is original equipment. Over nearly 15 years, this has made for a low overall cost of ownership. The polymer panels still look good after more that 14 years, and from the outside the car doesn't show its age. On the down side, road noise is a little higher than average, and the car's low profile does limit driver's field of vision somewhat."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Saturn S-Series near Honolulu. See local deals