1993 Saturn S-Series

7.9

Based on 472 Ratings for the 1992 - 1996 models.

Inexpensive

By on Tuesday, August 7, 2007

"The best car for the cost. Very inexpensive to repair and for teh do-it-yourselfer it is very easy to work on. For example the water pump cost $25.00 at NAPA to purchase. Fantastic fuel economy as I get 39 MPG on the Freeway and 32 MPG combined consistantly. The cargo area with the seats folded down is huge and is as larger than most SUVs today."

super reliable

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2007

"Great little car. Lots of room, comfortable ride, and good on long trips. Great to park. Uses almost NO gas. Great in the snow and bad weather. Fun to drive. Always reliable. If one fault, a little too low to the ground. But thats just my problem."

Great Value! EXCEPTIONAL Gas Mileage!

By on Tuesday, February 3, 2009

"I bought my 1994 Saturn SL1 on the advice of a mechanic/friend. This vehicle was the fourth year of the initial production run of the car, designed from the ground up by the Saturn Team, before GM started messing around with the part platform/supply chain. I obtained the car in April 2008 with 150,000 miles for $700.00, right around the time of the $4.00/gallon prices. The best thing about this car is the AMAZING gas mileage! Especially if you do a lot of highway driving...I approached 40 mpg. Mine is a 5 speed. Why is the gas mileage so good? The vehicle has composite doors, fenders, and rear quarter panels. I've taken it to Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, and Calexico more times than I can remember. Rides nice on the highway once you get up to speed. I make it a point to ask other people that own this year (or close to it) when I see them in public, "how do you like it? Any problems with it?" No one has bad things to say about the car. My mechanic told me the best thing to do to make this car last is to CHANGE THE OIL every 3,000 miles. There is a small pocket inside the motor where oil can gather, so a good flush once in a while is advised. I had to pump a bit of money ($2, 700) into the car since obtaining it * Oil pan gasket * Catyllitic converter * Belt tensioner (common) and new serpentine belt * Battery * EGR valve * Intake manifold gasket But the motor, clutch, and transmission are strong. Everything works on the car. And the money spent on the car will be more than made up for in gas savings. Parts are inexpensive - I even found a middle arm rest (an option) on E-bay. I highly recommend this car for college students or someone that wants an economical vehicle. I've done the research and there are NO new cars that come close to the gas mileage you can get in this car (except hybrids). Why spend thousands of dollars on a new hybrid when you can get one of these for a few hundred bucks? Can't say enough good things about it this car!"

Wonderful car

By on Tuesday, December 9, 2008

"I bought my Saturn new in 1994, and got 296,000 miles out of the first engine. When I kept the speedometer to 55 mph on the highway, I routinely hit 40-45mpg. (37-40mpg was more typical.) It started to burn some oil and had some other issues. Second engine lasted 102,000 miles, but due to my own oversight and lack of maintenance, the timing belt broke, destroying the engine. After 14 years and just a little less than 400,000 miles, I'd say it was an absolutely wonderful vehicle, and I sincerely wish something similar was still built!"

Great Little Car

By on Monday, August 6, 2007

"One of the best cars I've ever owned. 12+ years old and still gets 35 or so mpg, with plenty of zip. Bought on the cheap, so no AC or power anything, but that just means less to malfunction...! It has required very little maintainence over the years, other than regular oil changes, etc. Sadly, though, its showing its age and milage and I'll soon be letting it go. But worth every penny we paid."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Saturn S-Series near Honolulu. See local deals