2004 Saturn Ion

7.7

Based on 920 Ratings for the 2003 - 2007 models.

I have loved this car. So sad no longer made!

By on Thursday, January 16, 2014

Pros: "Economic, reliable, low maintenance"

Cons: "Inferior quality materials on interior"

"I have loved, loved this car. I am so sad they are no longer making Saturns. I feel that is a good, dependable car. I have never had problems with it. It is delivers at a price point that is reasonable. The cars look pretty good. The interior is so/so but overall I have been really happy. A few years back I had a guy T-Bone me in the driver side. The car did just what it was suppose to, kind of collapse around me. I didn't even have a scratch. I thought it was totaled. But they repaired it like new. I haven't had to put a bunch of money into the car and it keeps getting me around. I think it was a big mistake to eliminate the Saturn from the line. Saturn owners are a loyal breed."

Reliable, but has it problems

By on Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Pros: "Great gas mileage, very few breakdowns"

Cons: "wont start on first try in cold weather"

"i had my saturn ion since 2006. its had only the problems with the ignition switch. it gets great gas mileage. from 35 on the hwy and 26 in the city. if u live in a state where you get cold weather. you might want to go out to your saturn and try starting it al least 10 minutes before you wanna leave. the grease saturn put in the ignition switch housing is so thick, it gells up. so when you try to start it it dosent start. the passlock light will flash and you will have to wait 10 mins to start the car. over all its been more reliable than the s- series that saturn made before the ion."

This was an awesome car

By on Sunday, June 3, 2012

Reason: Wanted something bigger

Pros: "Fun to drive, very affordable!"

Cons: "Not so good on wet/slick roads"

"I owned this car for 8.5 years. I just traded it in for a crossover only because I wanted something bigger, but I absolutely loved my Ion! I had a few recalls on it that were fixed immediately and had no other problems with it. It was a blast to drive and got incredible gas mileage! The only reason I traded it was because there's so much traffic where I live now and I wanted something bigger so I could see better. Because of the plastic panels it's a little light so it slips on wet or snowy/icy roads, but anyone good at inclement-weather driving will be fine - I drove it through several Maine winters with no problem. It's nothing fancy but it's really a fun car and has everything you need. I do miss it even though I love my new car!"

By on Monday, November 10, 2008

"I've had this car for 5 years now and have had to invest little money into upkeep. The only thing I don't like is she eats through tires. However, the gas milage is unbelieveable. I average about 32 to 35 miles per gallon. I couldn't ask for a better car!"

vibrator

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2008

"car vibrates when it gets up to 50 mph and above. makes me feel like i'm going to be sick. side mirrors are too small. all around visibility is not good. other than that, it's tight and handles well."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Saturn Ion near Honolulu. See local deals