2010 Saab 9-5

8.4

Based on 49 Ratings for the 2010 - 2011 models.

Great Car - Horrible Resale Value

By on Wednesday, February 11, 2009

"This is a fantastic and stylish vehicle for the 30 something family man! This is my first Saab and is serving as a replacement for my 2003 Audi A4 Quattro. Although the car doesn't have the overall raw performance of the Audi, it does drive and ride quite nicely. The 9-5 is a large vehicle, but the turbo-charged 2.3L engine provides plenty of power when needed. On my last road trip I actually averaged around 34 MPG; something you normally get out of a much smaller car! I purchased my 9-5 with every available option...air conditioned seats are a nice touch! In relation to other European cars in the same class, the $43K price tag was a good deal. That being said; my 9-5's Black Book value only comes in around $20K...you do the math! If I had it to do over again I would have leased my Saab. This is a fantastic car, but just understand that the resale value of a Saab isn't very good...lease it!"

The Perfect Midsize Sedan

By on Tuesday, December 11, 2007

"I've had this car for 2 years on a lease. It has great get up and go from any speed. It has excellent fuel economy. The interior is quite comfortable, with the best positioned cup holder I've ever seen. There's a roomy back seat and trunk. The dashboard controls are easily reached and intuitive. Handling is excellent; this car tracks very very well on curves At a moderate price, this car incorporates features of much more expensive cars, such as park assist, windshield wipers whose speed is automatically determined by the intensity of rain hitting the windshield, automatic deflection of light hitting rear view mirror, etc. etc. The AC is excellent. My one complaint is that the glove compartment has insufficient room."

GM destoys a great car

By on Sunday, October 7, 2007

"This is our sixth Saab in the family, having owned 2 Saab 900s, 2 9-3s, and 2 9-5s, to date. We had spent considerable $$ on several attempts to salvage our 2000 9-5 when trading it in for a newer vehicle became the only option. The cost of replacing the engine in the 2000 9-5 was untenable. When we brought the 2006 version of the car home, we found that this incarnation was "cheaper" in many aspects than the previous version. The interior looked more plastic than the other versions we've owned, the comfort of the seats was less than previously, and the fit-and-finish were of poor quality. We continue to have issues with the dashboard flexing and pushing up the speaker grill on one side. The dealer has "repaired" it several times without success. The engine has had problems with the throttle control, which has been replaced once. Yet, the engine continues to idle very rough and there are "burps" every now and then upon acceleration. On the highway, the car is very noisy. Due to excessive road noise generated by the contact of the tires and the road, and excessive wind noise coming from the windows, passengers in the rear seat are unable to hear any conversation from those seated in the front seat. In addition, it is impossible to open the moon roof without turbulence that generates noise that becomes unbearable. The design of the air deflector is defective. While driving over moderately bumpy or poor roads, every imperfection in the road can be felt in the gas pedal. We've just driven competitors models, and not one of these have the same unique characters. It's a shame, because until we purchased this "newer" Saab, we could have been drivers for life. Now, it looks like a change to a Japanese model."

Great and fun car to drive

By on Sunday, August 10, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, fun"

"One of the energetic cars I have driven. The AERO package really steps it up."

Love This Car

By on Thursday, November 21, 2013

Pros: "Turbo, manual transmission, huge back seat."

Cons: "No dealer support, GM interior quality."

"This car is amazing. I have had another Saab in the past but I'm in love with this one even more. I have the 2011 Turbo 4 with manual transmission. The combination of a great car and even better price, and you can't go wrong. Very comfortable, sporty, great on gas for such a big car, and very solid feel on the road. Keeping this car forever..."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Saab 9-5 near Honolulu. See local deals