2004 Saab 9-5

7.4

Based on 416 Ratings for the 1999 - 2009 models.

7.6/10
    7.4/10

Maybe the best car I've ever owned.

By on Saturday, September 24, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, great MPG (see my review), impressive ride for a small car, nice creature comforts"

Cons: "Poor visibility when backing and front seat arm rests are not real comfy."

"Who says Germans are the best engineers? This car has a fabulous combination of luxury, economy, utility and sporty features without any of the quirks typical of other Euro cars. I love the overall design and performance of this car. I have used (and LOVE) all four driving modes: normal, winter, sport and manual. [Pure engineering genius!] I get much better MPG than average: 30 MPG highway and around 20 MPG city. (Good maintenance and driving habits?) The only complaints I have are the rather significant amount of rear blind spots and the poorly positioned front seat arm rests. Overall: Saabs are pricey, but worth it. Get an extended warranty, though. It will pay for itself with just one semi-major repair. After owning this Saab for the past 18 months, I don't want to drive anything but a Saab."

a classy wagon

By on Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive, multipurpose car"

Cons: "turbo lag"

"the best looking wagon,fast turbo engine, classy and roomy interior,superb sound system,very fun to drive,highly recommended.I know some people look down on saabs,there is no reason what so ever..."

Love this car.

By on Friday, December 9, 2011

Pros: "Cargo room, handling in snow, comfort, style"

Cons: "they dont make them anymore."

"I have had my 2000 Gary Fisher editon since 162k. Im currently at 213k and have spent a meere 500.00 in repairs. ( exhuast manifold studs) Its such a fantastic car. I tow with it, load stuff on it, in it, get 25mpg consistantly, and its a very nice ride. Im shooting for 300k."

Great car for the going market price range.

By on Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pros: "Turbo engine, sport"

Cons: "Lacks cup holders for rear passangers."

"I have owned this car for 15 months and put a lot of miles on it (30,000). I change the oil religiously every 5000 with full synthetic, rotate the tire and so on. The handling and comfort of the car is nice especially on long trips. I havn't had any major issues at all. I believe as long as you are consistant with the maintenance and care for you investment, it will last. If your buying used trying to make sure the the previous owner hasn't abused it before you got it. Don't diss a brand after you have bought an old used beat-up car. Saab has some great engineering and is doing even better with current model vehicles. I may sound bias but I don't work in the auto industry at all. I have researched Saabs and they seem to hold up very well. There are a lot more older Saabs on the road today thana most people know. I think if your looking for a used car for great comfort, performance, and some luxuarys, and are sold at low prices compared to their initial investments, Saab is one to look at."

Good car for the price but average quality

By on Thursday, March 20, 2014

Pros: "Confort, room, feature, power"

Cons: "Quality, Gas MPG"

"Got this 2000 9-5 SE wagon, 1 year ago, used with 71000 miles on it. first day, I changed the 4 tires which improve greatly the ride by eliminating some noises and vibrations and had the timing belt done on the V6($550) . I like the confort, room, power and all features it had. However I did have to perform some typical repairs for those Saabs. First I had to replace the engine mounts (Fronts), fix the blower motor (New brushes), fix the relay for the High beams (to solder a connector in it) and repaired the subwoofer in the trunk (new edge repair kit). As of today, I still have a strong noise in the transmission (wheels bearing?!) after a visit a repair shop, they said it might be from the transmission or CV joint. So there's some flaws on the quality. My car had only 71000 miles and luckily the heater core had been change by the previous owner because that's another 9-5's weakness.MPG= avg.20 So be careful on those issues and avoid this car if your not into mechanic."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Saab 9-5 near Honolulu. See local deals