2011 Saab 9-4X Consumer Reviews

Loved this SUV!

By on Friday, July 22, 2016

Reason: Didn't want to sell, needed more seating, I still miss my 9-4X

Pros: "Looks, Ride, Engine, interior comfort, reliability"

Cons: "That I no longer own one."

"It was love at first sight with my 9-4x. I knew Saab was in trouble as a company, but my sister had a 9-7x that never gave her problems, so after months of debating and nothing else living up to it, I bought it. Saab went under 2 montsh later. It was the best and worst decision I ever made. Why both best and worst. Worst because that 3 years of maintenance that came with it, disappeared with Saab, and if I had just waited a few more months, I possibly could have saved a lot on the purchase price. Best decision because it is hands down the best looking, most reliable, most fun to drive, and most memorable car I will have ever owned. I has the Birch White, 9-4X 3,0 Premium with Xenon lights. Now for the best. The car had a sexiness to it, it had a masculine look with feminine curves so it was the prefect balance, and everyone i every encountered complemented me on it. The engine was strong, and had lots of get up and go and roared when you punched it. For a heavy SUV, it was very agile, and had both a sport and comfort mode depending on driving conditions. The overall ride was very smooth. The seats were incredibly comfortable with great lumbar support, and they heater and cooling feature in the seats was very nice. Road noise was very minimal, so it was a quiet ride, and easy to use blue tooth to have a phone conversation. The Xenon lights were not a feature I wanted to pay for initially, but that is only because I had no ideal how incredibly helpful it is to have your lights turn when you turn the wheels, especially at night on curvy roads. I miss the lights, it is a feature that wasn't available on my new 2016 Pilot. As far as reliability went, it was by far the most reliable car I have ever owned. I had only 3 issues with it the entire time I had it: 1. Sunroof leak - this was due to the drain tube being to short, and would have been replaced for free under warranty, had I still had one. 2. Hub bearing replaced - also would have been under warranty as it happened around 30k miles. This was the only mechanical repair I had to have done other than regular maintenance. When I sold it, at 89.5 K miles the original brakes were still going strong too. 3. The coating on the buttons on the stereo and a/c controls started to chip, which I learned is apparently is more common among women owners as we use more lotions on our hands. I was a little worried about parts availability at first when they went of business, but t hasn't been an issue, and there is a local shop that specialized in fixing Saabs, so having any maintenance or work done was a non issue. Other than those 3 things, I had zero issues with my 9-4x, and I really wish I didn't have to sell it earlier this year. As a parent with kids ad animals, I really needed seating for more than 5 people. The 9-4x was that one vehicle that I really wish I could have kept forever."

Couldn't Imagine Another Vehicle

By on Thursday, June 19, 2014

Pros: "Ergonomics, sportiness, roominess, features, value"

Cons: "Part availability for some parts, Saab stand point"

"I was a little hesitant about this vehicle as the standpoint of Saab isn't the best right now... But I took a leap of faith and love it! I drove a BMW roadster before this and can honestly say that the Saab has a sportier drive than the BMW did. My favorite aspect is the multitude of features at such a great price. I honestly cannot imagine driving a different vehicle, as the 9-4x is convenient, roomy, and has the best driving ergonomics of any vehicle I've seen this far!"

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo...

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted