2002 Saab 9-3

7.9

Based on 238 Ratings for the 1999 - 2002 models.

OMGosh!!!!

By on Friday, October 5, 2012

Pros: "Everything! Find out for yourself!!"

Cons: "The parts are hard to find? No they aren't!! LOL!"

"Truthfully, besides the fact that SAAB went out of business, if you ever have a technical problem or an electrical problem you can go to foreign car mechanic or a BMW mechanic. Besides that.. this is the best car I have ever had! It's super fast and it feels like your cruising so be very careful with speeding. You have to be a great driver the handle this baby. I hit the curves so smoothly at 70. The brakes are fantastic! When it comes to maintenance parts new or even used are good. With all of my cars, even this one, I go to Lacey's Used Auto Parts in Newark, NJ. I choose them over Auto Zone, Advanced Auto Parts, and sometimes even my mechanic. I watch them collect the parts and clean them to prepare them for my car. Anyway, I love this car!!"

Cool convertible

By on Thursday, April 5, 2012

Pros: "Luxury car with class and a little different"

Cons: "Saab has gone out of business"

"This car is great for any weather. The convertible top down it looks great and feels great. Top up and it is quiet as a sedan with good AC and heat system. The leather upholstery is comfortable and rich looking. Performance and acceleration are amazing for a 2 liter car. Must be the turbo!"

Enigmatic

By on Saturday, September 8, 2007

"A Saab is a Saab is a Saab." Saabs are wonderful, yet can be horribly infuriating. I'd never recommend buying a new one, they are too overpriced due to their high repair costs. Yet their steep depreciation makes a used one a steal. I bought a '01 9-3 in '03 with 32k miles for $13500- an original $32000 sticker price. Try doing that with a BMW. It's now '07 and the odo has spun to 140k. I've had my fair share of mechanical problems to be sure: failed turbo, catalytic converter, water pump, sensors, electrical, etc... But when I consider the drive quality, the superb gas mileage, performance, versatility of the car and match it with original sticker price; it's been a wonderful companion."

Amazing car

By on Friday, January 11, 2013

Pros: "all good"

Cons: "Newer models get better gas mileage"

"This is the 4th Saab that I had owned and this was the best! The turbo charge really made you "hold on to your hats". The leather interior, sound system, heated seats, tons of cargo space with the hatch back, dependability--all reasons to own this Saab. Truly a luxury car but has the capacity to load up (when you need it) like a full-sized truck. Also timeless in design--although it is now 13 yrs old, it still looks as modern as the newest models."

Super Value Used

By on Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pros: "Great value as a used car."

Cons: "Requires full synthetic oil."

"I have owned this car for 7 years. It has required minimal repairs. Very reliable, great mix of power(turbo) and gas mileage (32-35 MPG highway). Hatch/Trunk is super huge. Seats in Saabs are some of the best made, sit in one for a few hours and you will feel the difference. Excellent for driving in snow. Saabs are also very safe cars, when this design first came out, it was one of the safest cars in its class. Google Saab colisions to find photos of these cars after hitting moose, rolling over, or getting smashed by other cars. They stay intact and often can be driven away. Build quality and durability are very good for a car in its price range, with proper care this car will go 300K miles or more. I know of many that have. Working on these cars is not as complicated as many people would like you to beleive, changing oil, filters, spark plugs, belts, etc. is very straight forward. No timing belts to snap, there is a timing chain that typically lasts 200K miles. Parts can be more expensive than domestic car parts, but are typically higher quality and last longer. Down sides: The chassis and suspension design was quite old by the time the 2001 model year was made, so handling is not up to par with more modern day alternatives 10 years newer, still it is as good or better than most cars from 2001. If buying one of these used, make sure prior owner did regular oil changes with a quality synthetic oil like Mobil 1. Otherwise the engine, like many european turbo charged engines, is prone to oil sludge build up."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Saab 9-3 near Honolulu. See local deals