ZIP code

2001 Saab 9-3

7.9

Based on 239 Ratings for the 1999 - 2002 models.

OMGosh!!!!

By on Friday, October 5, 2012

Pros: "Everything! Find out for yourself!!"

Cons: "The parts are hard to find? No they aren't!! LOL!"

"Truthfully, besides the fact that SAAB went out of business, if you ever have a technical problem or an electrical problem you can go to foreign car mechanic or a BMW mechanic. Besides that.. this is the best car I have ever had! It's super fast and it feels like your cruising so be very careful with speeding. You have to be a great driver the handle this baby. I hit the curves so smoothly at 70. The brakes are fantastic! When it comes to maintenance parts new or even used are good. With all of my cars, even this one, I go to Lacey's Used Auto Parts in Newark, NJ. I choose them over Auto Zone, Advanced Auto Parts, and sometimes even my mechanic. I watch them collect the parts and clean them to prepare them for my car. Anyway, I love this car!!"

Super Value Used

By on Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pros: "Great value as a used car."

Cons: "Requires full synthetic oil."

"I have owned this car for 7 years. It has required minimal repairs. Very reliable, great mix of power(turbo) and gas mileage (32-35 MPG highway). Hatch/Trunk is super huge. Seats in Saabs are some of the best made, sit in one for a few hours and you will feel the difference. Excellent for driving in snow. Saabs are also very safe cars, when this design first came out, it was one of the safest cars in its class. Google Saab colisions to find photos of these cars after hitting moose, rolling over, or getting smashed by other cars. They stay intact and often can be driven away. Build quality and durability are very good for a car in its price range, with proper care this car will go 300K miles or more. I know of many that have. Working on these cars is not as complicated as many people would like you to beleive, changing oil, filters, spark plugs, belts, etc. is very straight forward. No timing belts to snap, there is a timing chain that typically lasts 200K miles. Parts can be more expensive than domestic car parts, but are typically higher quality and last longer. Down sides: The chassis and suspension design was quite old by the time the 2001 model year was made, so handling is not up to par with more modern day alternatives 10 years newer, still it is as good or better than most cars from 2001. If buying one of these used, make sure prior owner did regular oil changes with a quality synthetic oil like Mobil 1. Otherwise the engine, like many european turbo charged engines, is prone to oil sludge build up."

Fun! Fun! Fun!

By on Friday, February 7, 2014

Pros: "Great gas milage, hold its value & a blast 2 drive"

Cons: "Small inside not much leg room"

"The 9-3 Convertible is a Great car! Don't let someone talk you out of an import. I always hear horror stories about having to put cars like these in the shop or no one will work on them..ect. Just not true, Saab makes a great car! And for a 4 cylinder this thing will move! The 205hp Turbo engine doesn't hurt! My Saab has run perfect for me, but i also regularly maintain all my vehicles. As long as you don't neglect your car it will return the favor."

500 miles shy of 200,000 miles and this baby rocks

By on Thursday, September 26, 2013

Pros: "great mileage, performance, pleasure w top down"

Cons: "NONE"

"love the convertible. Nearly enough room for 4 people and a great deal when bought used. Has known issues and problems, but when you fix them expect the car to be pretty reliable...most poblems come from people that want fancy luxury, performance and controls without extra repair. You want a vanilla car with bare minimum then get a Honda civic. You want performance and luxury, then expect to have some complicated systems break on you. Helps if you do the work yourself or have a reliable mechanic knowledgable in these cars. these cars were ahead of their times...saabs first 2.0 liter turbo was on the 900 in the late 1980s, now everybody and their brother has a 2 liter turbo...what an idea"

Silky Speed

By on Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Pros: "Speed and handling."

"The Viggen is the most undervalued car on Earth. Period. It's faster than many Porsches, it's 600 lbs lighter, and it's a CAR, not a skateboard. The seats in the front are the most comfortable any where and the ride is ultra smooth. I've driven manuals all my life and the sound and feel of the the car always told me when to shift gears but with the Viggen I have to watch the Tach.....after 6 years of ownership. The counter rotating shaft silences and smoothes everything. The last one was built in 2002 and the Germans are still stealing the ideas."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Saab 9-3 near Honolulu. See local deals