2013 Ram 3500 Mega Cab

Based on 30 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

Rough ride but will haul anything

By on Saturday, November 26, 2016

Pros: "Dependable, Hauls heavy loads, steel bed"

Cons: "Rough ride without loads"

"I really love my big RAM 3500 truck with a 6.4L HEMI. The guy at the rock yard was warning me about putting stacks of brick and rock in one load until he finished. He said WOW, my sons Chevy wouldn't have taken a load like that. The drawback is that it rides rough without a load. What do you expect!? But, if you put 4000 lbs of bricks in the back it rides like a Cadillac and the gas mileage is always between 13 and 17 MPG. Warning: don't accelerate without starting out slow first. This 6.4L HEMI will throw you off of the road! I "accidentally" raced a BMW from light to light and won. Of course my stuff in the back hit my tailgate pretty hard when it shifted! Ha, it was worth it. Summary: Love my RAM 3500 6.4L HEMI but it rides like a truck."

2014 RAM 3500 Bighorn DRW 8 Bed

By on Friday, March 3, 2017

Reason: Upgrade to Laramie Limited

Pros: "Power, economy, appearance, comfort."

Cons: "Price"

"This has been a great truck, I have towed 30,000 lbs and never a glitch. Religious maintenance does wonders for reliability and continued performance, with full load still averaged 9 miles to the gallon. 15 unloaded, great for a 10,000 lb truck. Had to have the DPF system fixed before it left the dealer lot, got contaminated with some petroleum products. No issues with it since. I sold it to make room for an upgraded truck, cant wait to get the new one and drive it."

2017 Ram Tradesman 3500 4x4 Crew Cab LB

By on Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Pros: "Good Plain Jane Truck"

Cons: "Tall for general purpose. Ergonomics impractical"

"Hard to locate almost bare bones trucks anymore without all the hoopla. This is one of them with very few options or bells and whistles. Took months to finally locate with basically Snow Chief Package. Its not bad even though its fairly plain. Biggest complaint is the overall height. Tall height is compromise when using p/u as general purpose vehicle. Has 6.4L gasoline engine because of personal needs. While 6.7L diesel is nice, they are also prone to a few economical characteristics that gas engines can overcome to some degree. 6.4L is peppy when needed. Was used to a loaded 2015 Ram 2500 4x4 CC SB w/6.4L engine. The Eco mode or MDS on either is a fairy tale, rarely working except when coasting to stops or down hill. Rarely if ever when needed, unloaded at normal highway speeds. Dealer checked,supposedly okay. Comfort? Has plenty of elbow and leg room. Front center seat console is basically for show and useless especially with 4x4 floor console. Ride? Its rough empty. Its a truck not a luxury car, what could one expect? Leaf springs, not coil springs. Lower tire air pressure when unloaded helps? TPMS is annoying. More realistic 3500 TPIS much better w/o error messages. (Just thought? If coils are so much superior, why arent they on 3500s rear end as on 2500s?) Ergonomics? Exterior use almost thrown out the window? Try loading something by hand over tailgate or side of bed? Too tall unless 8 tall or using ladder or ramps? - Good luck on finding good ramps that reach that high to be practical too? Try changing fuses or checking fluids? Fun, unless almost climbing up and in? Interior Ergonomics? Floor mounted short shaft 4x4 shift works good - when center console is upright. Center console mounted USB,12V plug, media card, CD player, storage, ect. difficult to use and poorly located. Thankfully dont use much? 8 Long Box handles just about anything when loaded. Nice. Overall? Compared to other available new trucks? For 40,360. out the door, this works good for me until truck heights and glitz scale down."

3500 Laramie Longhorn is amazing

By on Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Pros: "Interior, towing, comfort, power"

Cons: "Uhhhh...."

"I traded in a 2013 3500 Laramie DRW for the 2016 Laramie Longhorn 3500 SRW, what a difference in ride when not hitched up to my 40' fiver, like night and day, the 2016 is SO much more comfortable. Towing the 16,000 lb dry weight Montana, I don't even feel it...this truck is a beast and I'm so glad I made the switch."

best dodge diesel I owed yet ...Have had 6 others

By on Sunday, August 4, 2013

Pros: "easy to drive comfort comfort comfort.."

Cons: "better mpg 17 hwy...."

"Best driving most comfort drives like a half ton..Best usable power for all my needs do pull a car hauler for my show cars....Also quiet on the highway almost no road noise...Best looking Dodge ram I have owned....800 ft pounds of torque who needs any more good dose of synthetic oil and filter and a K and N in the air box and forget about not pulling anything you can hook up to..Last great brakes and engine brake that works like a big rig...All MOPAR Great efforts!,,Best effort of the other models I ordered new, 99,2003,2005,2007,2009. All diesel 4x4 dodges.."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ram 3500 Mega Cab near Honolulu. See local deals