2012 Ram 2500 Regular Cab

8.2

Based on 73 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

Very Good Truck - No dissapointments at all

By on Sunday, December 21, 2014

Pros: "HD 6.4 hemi, towing stability, comfort, quiet, mpg"

Cons: "climate control, ram theme"

"Never thought I would buy a dodge but after checking out their latest offerings due to the need for a decent hd gas engine, I have the 6.4 Hemi Big Horn CCSB 4WD, air bag suspension. I bought this truck as a hd tow alternative to a diesel (due to reliability problems with todays govt. mandated diesel emissions). This truck delivers as a good hd tow platform, gets reasonable fuel mileage - averaging 14.5 and up to 19 at 70 on the highway. I tow an 8500 lb travel trailer and get 8.5 to 9. The rear air suspension helps the ride some, but not much. Overall the truck has been very reliable, the quality is very good, power is excellent even when towing (not as good as a diesel but that is to be expected). So far in 7000 miles I have had zero issues and have not had to return to the dealer. Pricing was excellent with the incentives available and the truck is packed with features. Connectivity is also outstanding. Overall I would recommend. The only things I dont like is the climate control buttons for temp (this should be a rotary knob) and the over the top big RAM theme."

Great Truck

By on Sunday, June 8, 2014

Pros: "Cummins, room, comfort and features"

Cons: "None for me, superb product."

"I bought my RAM in October of 12. I now have just over 34k on the Cummins, and it is running absolutely GREAT! I had the N40 recall done on the diesel one month ago, and I am one of the few whose mileage increased, I went from 15 MPG highway to 18 MPG highway, a good improvement. Power and torque in the diesel is awesome, pulling my 34' trailer is a breeze. I have the Big Horn trim, black with chrome, and put 2" spacers in the front, and bigger tires, and for a rig like that to get 18 on the highway, I am very happy. I did not buy it for fuel economy, but I will take every bit I can get. I haul my family, cows, horses, friends, friends furniture, pretty much anything. I have had many compliments on the looks of my RAM, it is a good looking truck. I am very satisfied with this product. I owned a 6.0 powerstroke prior, and I will never buy another Ford diesel product. Cummins only. If you are on the fence about gas or diesel, get the diesel."

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

"I love the look and feel of this truck. The price was pretty good at the time of purchase. The gas mileage is horrible. 14 around town. 17.5 on highway. tows great and a lot of power. Had a paint issue (faded in one spot). I bought this truck because of the price and look. We will see if it holds it's value."

good truck except the problems with transmissions.

By on Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Pros: "All good but transmissions."

Cons: "like I said bad transmissions."

"Bad clanging in the six(6) speed transmissions and FCA knew about this since 2011 and yet to come up with a repair."

Ram with Cummins diesel, best all around truck

By on Thursday, December 17, 2015

Pros: "a pleasure to drive, when towing and when not,"

Cons: "Makes me grin way to much when I climb in."

"Purchased this truck new, 18 months ago, it has been nothing but a pleasure to drive. Absolutely no problems, This truck was purchased primarily to tow a travel trailer. Because it is so pleasant to drive I have been using it as my commuting vehicle, about 40 miles total each day. Fuel mileage has averaged 20.2 mpg using B-20 Diesel, and about 22 on #2 diesel. This is amazing, considering it is a 8000lb truck, towing a travel trailer mileage goes down to 13.4, but there is plenty of power and maintains the speed limit up the steepest highways, easily. Preferred the nice ride of the 2500 over the 3500, but the lower load capacity of the 2500 makes me load it close to its max. As it is only loaded this way a few times a year, I am really get to enjoy the nice ride of the 2500, where the 3500 would be parked."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ram 2500 Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals