2012 Ram 2500 Regular Cab

8.2

Based on 74 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

Awesome Dodge truck

By on Thursday, August 15, 2013

"We have the 2011 Dodge Ram Laramie. Owned 3 others just great trucks. Each time we have upgraded. Love them and no issues."

so capable

By on Saturday, October 26, 2013

Pros: "go any where do what ever"

"Quit trying to find a goos 4 wheel drive and buy the best"

I was a Ford guy until I found the RAM Mega Cab

By on Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Pros: "Smooth ride, elegant, tall, and user friendly."

"I was in the market for a 3/4 ton truck. I liked the GMC Denali, RAM 2500 crew cab, and Ford F20 but, the RAM and GMC had too big of a lump in the middle of the rear seat floor area which made the trucks a deal breaker. I was leaning toward buying an F250. I have owned Ford trucks in the past and they have never disappointed me except for the cam phaser issue the 5.4 liter engine has. I saw a RAM 2500 Laramie with a Mega Cab on a lot and checked it out. The cab was bigger than any other cab I have been in. The cab still has a lump in the middle of the rear seat floor but, the lump was bearable. After comparing the RAM 2500 with the Ford F250, I decided to go with the RAM. I chose the RAM after reading several reviews and watching several videos. The RAM just seemed to be the better truck for me. I bought the truck in Minnesota and drove it back to California. It gave me a good idea of how the truck performed in the 2000 mile stretch that I drove it. The truck was very comfortable despite it having leather seats. The stereo system was awesome despite it being a stock radio. It has the upgraded Alpine stereo system. The lighting on the truck was impressive. The lights shined better and brighter than previous Fords I have owned. The interior lights also shined better and brighter. The interior has a low blue accented light on the door handles and lower storage areas, this was nice. The entertainment system was user friendly as well as the dashboard controls. The Bluetooth connection was flawless unlike the connection of a new Kia I had purchased which drops the Bluetooth connection in certain areas. People here me loud and clear when I use the Bluetooth phone set and I hear them loud and clear as well. The truck is slightly higher/taller than other 3/4 ton trucks. It is quite clear to see this when you drive next to them. People in those other trucks notice that too and couldn't keep their eyes off my truck. It drove like a dream on the highway. It was giving me 13.5 to 17 miles per gallon. I did not lower the speed from 80 miles an hour, even on the steep uphill areas. When I arrived to the Tahoe area on highway 80, I kept my speed at 80 miles an hour. The truck handled very smoothly on tight turns. I was very impressed how well the truck handled. I was passing every car and truck on that stretch of the road. When I arrived home in the Stockton central valley area, I checked the computer on the dashboard and it showed that my trip was close to 2000 miles. In this trip, I gassed up six times (7 with the dealer filling up the tank) and had over half a tank to spare when I arrived home. I really love this truck. The aesthetics draws the attention of people even though it is stock. I have received many compliments on it. I would recommend people to consider the new RAM trucks. I am now a new fan of RAM. I will update this review once I have put more miles on the truck. In the meantime, I am sure I will enjoy this truck to the max."

Awesome

By on Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Pros: "great price, fun to drive."

Cons: "no interior center console storage in tradesman"

"Purchase the truck in June 2016. The 6.7 Cummins is an awesome engine and will pull what I need it too without breaking a sweat. Rides great. Uconnect system is great. If you need a sharp looking, hard working, practical truck that will last you a looong time, Ram 2500 equipped with 6.7 Cummins engine will take you down the road in comfort."

Had Chevy all my life, but I love this Truck.

By on Saturday, January 7, 2017

Pros: "Mileage, ride, great price about ($12000 less)"

Cons: "none so far."

"It was really a cost thing why I when from Chevy to Dodge but I have to say this is a great truck. If lot of pulling get about 13.5 with my 33ft 16 around town and about 23 highway. Have had no problem at all with this truck. Handles great, ride better any of the other trucks and the option I love. Great sound system."

Worst vehicle reliability wise i have ever owned.

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Cons: "expensive, mileage terrible when towing 2000# boat"

"Transmission went out, radiator leaked, power window harness faulty, upper and lower ball joints, rear seals, def system had me w/no vehicle for over 2 months, replaced wiring harness and def pump twice. Fuses blown, interior overhead light never worked, rear tail light has burned out at least 10 times. Bought brand new for reliability since I put on so many miles, ended up being just the opposite."

This is a great value for the truck

By on Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Pros: "Power, visibility, never mind the weather"

Cons: "Check engine light frequent annoyance on diesel"

"I had a string of Ford diesels over the years and I decided to ditch Ford after I got shafted by the 6.0 diesel. Neither Ram nor Ford is problem free but I can say that I have had no more minor problems with the Rams than I had with the Fords, the exception being the engine fiasco with Ford. The Cummins engine is a dream and has a long pedigree. I replaced a U joint on my Ram 2500 while under warranty. Major problem is with the government and all the gadgets attached to the diesel engine activate the check engine light frequently. But no major problem,"

My brand new 2012 Ram 2500 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

By on Friday, August 17, 2012

"So far, so great. The new Cummins 6.7 High Output motor is monstrously strong. This is actually my second 6.7 Cummins engine. I traded a 100% stock 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 with 141,000 trouble free miles. It was a great, reliable truck. The newest HO version 6.7 is definitely stronger. This is a much better truck overall with more pulling power, a much nicer interior and a much better styling IMO. The new HO version seems to get a little better mileage than my 07 did. I get about 14.5 mpg in mixed driving (that's calculated by hand), but you have to remember that this engine is still stretching. It may get better mileage after a few thousand miles. I know a lot of people say the 5.9 was a much better motor, but I disagree. The 5.9L was a great engine, but the 6.7L is a big step up in performance. The new ram itself is miles better all around than the other Rams I've owned."

Best trade ever.

By on Friday, December 23, 2011

Pros: "Cummins power and deleted fuel economy."

Cons: "TPMS tire bing, MUST A Steering box stabilizer!"

"I bought my new 2011.5 Mega Cab after a long search to replace my aging GMC Duramax which was a very good truck with 268,000 somewhat trouble free miles. I have the 4x4 with every option but the sunroof which I chose the roof marker lights instead. My experience has been awesome thus far, only issues have been with the tire tpms monitoring system which sucks. I leveled mine with Thuren 2.75 springs and Thuren white shocks, it runs awesome post delete with 15.5 city"

I love this truck!

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Pros: "Tows heavy loads with ease and comfort, good looks"

Cons: "fuel milage could be better"

"This truck is my first diesel 4x4 equiped truck. This truck tows my 13,000 LB Raptor 5th Wheel toy hauler with little effort. The ride and comfort is excellent! Towing is a pleasure. I purchased this truck new and have owned it for 3 years and have had only one problem, a headlight wire harness problem that was repaired while under factory warranty. I wouldn't own anything but a Ram truck!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ram 2500 Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals