2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab

8.2

Based on 76 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

I was a Ford guy until I found the RAM Mega Cab

By on Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Pros: "Smooth ride, elegant, tall, and user friendly."

"I was in the market for a 3/4 ton truck. I liked the GMC Denali, RAM 2500 crew cab, and Ford F20 but, the RAM and GMC had too big of a lump in the middle of the rear seat floor area which made the trucks a deal breaker. I was leaning toward buying an F250. I have owned Ford trucks in the past and they have never disappointed me except for the cam phaser issue the 5.4 liter engine has. I saw a RAM 2500 Laramie with a Mega Cab on a lot and checked it out. The cab was bigger than any other cab I have been in. The cab still has a lump in the middle of the rear seat floor but, the lump was bearable. After comparing the RAM 2500 with the Ford F250, I decided to go with the RAM. I chose the RAM after reading several reviews and watching several videos. The RAM just seemed to be the better truck for me. I bought the truck in Minnesota and drove it back to California. It gave me a good idea of how the truck performed in the 2000 mile stretch that I drove it. The truck was very comfortable despite it having leather seats. The stereo system was awesome despite it being a stock radio. It has the upgraded Alpine stereo system. The lighting on the truck was impressive. The lights shined better and brighter than previous Fords I have owned. The interior lights also shined better and brighter. The interior has a low blue accented light on the door handles and lower storage areas, this was nice. The entertainment system was user friendly as well as the dashboard controls. The Bluetooth connection was flawless unlike the connection of a new Kia I had purchased which drops the Bluetooth connection in certain areas. People here me loud and clear when I use the Bluetooth phone set and I hear them loud and clear as well. The truck is slightly higher/taller than other 3/4 ton trucks. It is quite clear to see this when you drive next to them. People in those other trucks notice that too and couldn't keep their eyes off my truck. It drove like a dream on the highway. It was giving me 13.5 to 17 miles per gallon. I did not lower the speed from 80 miles an hour, even on the steep uphill areas. When I arrived to the Tahoe area on highway 80, I kept my speed at 80 miles an hour. The truck handled very smoothly on tight turns. I was very impressed how well the truck handled. I was passing every car and truck on that stretch of the road. When I arrived home in the Stockton central valley area, I checked the computer on the dashboard and it showed that my trip was close to 2000 miles. In this trip, I gassed up six times (7 with the dealer filling up the tank) and had over half a tank to spare when I arrived home. I really love this truck. The aesthetics draws the attention of people even though it is stock. I have received many compliments on it. I would recommend people to consider the new RAM trucks. I am now a new fan of RAM. I will update this review once I have put more miles on the truck. In the meantime, I am sure I will enjoy this truck to the max."

Had Chevy all my life, but I love this Truck.

By on Saturday, January 7, 2017

Pros: "Mileage, ride, great price about ($12000 less)"

Cons: "none so far."

"It was really a cost thing why I when from Chevy to Dodge but I have to say this is a great truck. If lot of pulling get about 13.5 with my 33ft 16 around town and about 23 highway. Have had no problem at all with this truck. Handles great, ride better any of the other trucks and the option I love. Great sound system."

This is a great value for the truck

By on Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Pros: "Power, visibility, never mind the weather"

Cons: "Check engine light frequent annoyance on diesel"

"I had a string of Ford diesels over the years and I decided to ditch Ford after I got shafted by the 6.0 diesel. Neither Ram nor Ford is problem free but I can say that I have had no more minor problems with the Rams than I had with the Fords, the exception being the engine fiasco with Ford. The Cummins engine is a dream and has a long pedigree. I replaced a U joint on my Ram 2500 while under warranty. Major problem is with the government and all the gadgets attached to the diesel engine activate the check engine light frequently. But no major problem,"

great truck if you need to tow

By on Friday, August 28, 2015

Pros: "big, pulls good"

Cons: "big in town"

"great mileage, quiet and clean"

Killed two tranmissions in 40k miles.

By on Monday, May 28, 2012

"My truck is now on its 3rd transmission in 40k miles. I will confess... I do plenty of heavy towing and stop and go driving for my work, but needing new transmissions like the engine needs fresh oil every few thousand miles is ridiculous. I've owned many other trucks with many more miles all on the original transmissions."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ram 2500 Crew Cab near Honolulu. See local deals