2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab

8.2

Based on 74 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Awesome Dodge truck

By on Thursday, August 15, 2013

"We have the 2011 Dodge Ram Laramie. Owned 3 others just great trucks. Each time we have upgraded. Love them and no issues."

so capable

By on Saturday, October 26, 2013

Pros: "go any where do what ever"

"Quit trying to find a goos 4 wheel drive and buy the best"

I was a Ford guy until I found the RAM Mega Cab

By on Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Pros: "Smooth ride, elegant, tall, and user friendly."

"I was in the market for a 3/4 ton truck. I liked the GMC Denali, RAM 2500 crew cab, and Ford F20 but, the RAM and GMC had too big of a lump in the middle of the rear seat floor area which made the trucks a deal breaker. I was leaning toward buying an F250. I have owned Ford trucks in the past and they have never disappointed me except for the cam phaser issue the 5.4 liter engine has. I saw a RAM 2500 Laramie with a Mega Cab on a lot and checked it out. The cab was bigger than any other cab I have been in. The cab still has a lump in the middle of the rear seat floor but, the lump was bearable. After comparing the RAM 2500 with the Ford F250, I decided to go with the RAM. I chose the RAM after reading several reviews and watching several videos. The RAM just seemed to be the better truck for me. I bought the truck in Minnesota and drove it back to California. It gave me a good idea of how the truck performed in the 2000 mile stretch that I drove it. The truck was very comfortable despite it having leather seats. The stereo system was awesome despite it being a stock radio. It has the upgraded Alpine stereo system. The lighting on the truck was impressive. The lights shined better and brighter than previous Fords I have owned. The interior lights also shined better and brighter. The interior has a low blue accented light on the door handles and lower storage areas, this was nice. The entertainment system was user friendly as well as the dashboard controls. The Bluetooth connection was flawless unlike the connection of a new Kia I had purchased which drops the Bluetooth connection in certain areas. People here me loud and clear when I use the Bluetooth phone set and I hear them loud and clear as well. The truck is slightly higher/taller than other 3/4 ton trucks. It is quite clear to see this when you drive next to them. People in those other trucks notice that too and couldn't keep their eyes off my truck. It drove like a dream on the highway. It was giving me 13.5 to 17 miles per gallon. I did not lower the speed from 80 miles an hour, even on the steep uphill areas. When I arrived to the Tahoe area on highway 80, I kept my speed at 80 miles an hour. The truck handled very smoothly on tight turns. I was very impressed how well the truck handled. I was passing every car and truck on that stretch of the road. When I arrived home in the Stockton central valley area, I checked the computer on the dashboard and it showed that my trip was close to 2000 miles. In this trip, I gassed up six times (7 with the dealer filling up the tank) and had over half a tank to spare when I arrived home. I really love this truck. The aesthetics draws the attention of people even though it is stock. I have received many compliments on it. I would recommend people to consider the new RAM trucks. I am now a new fan of RAM. I will update this review once I have put more miles on the truck. In the meantime, I am sure I will enjoy this truck to the max."

Had Chevy all my life, but I love this Truck.

By on Saturday, January 7, 2017

Pros: "Mileage, ride, great price about ($12000 less)"

Cons: "none so far."

"It was really a cost thing why I when from Chevy to Dodge but I have to say this is a great truck. If lot of pulling get about 13.5 with my 33ft 16 around town and about 23 highway. Have had no problem at all with this truck. Handles great, ride better any of the other trucks and the option I love. Great sound system."

Awesome

By on Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Pros: "great price, fun to drive."

Cons: "no interior center console storage in tradesman"

"Purchase the truck in June 2016. The 6.7 Cummins is an awesome engine and will pull what I need it too without breaking a sweat. Rides great. Uconnect system is great. If you need a sharp looking, hard working, practical truck that will last you a looong time, Ram 2500 equipped with 6.7 Cummins engine will take you down the road in comfort."

This is a great value for the truck

By on Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Pros: "Power, visibility, never mind the weather"

Cons: "Check engine light frequent annoyance on diesel"

"I had a string of Ford diesels over the years and I decided to ditch Ford after I got shafted by the 6.0 diesel. Neither Ram nor Ford is problem free but I can say that I have had no more minor problems with the Rams than I had with the Fords, the exception being the engine fiasco with Ford. The Cummins engine is a dream and has a long pedigree. I replaced a U joint on my Ram 2500 while under warranty. Major problem is with the government and all the gadgets attached to the diesel engine activate the check engine light frequently. But no major problem,"

Worst vehicle reliability wise i have ever owned.

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Cons: "expensive, mileage terrible when towing 2000# boat"

"Transmission went out, radiator leaked, power window harness faulty, upper and lower ball joints, rear seals, def system had me w/no vehicle for over 2 months, replaced wiring harness and def pump twice. Fuses blown, interior overhead light never worked, rear tail light has burned out at least 10 times. Bought brand new for reliability since I put on so many miles, ended up being just the opposite."

My brand new 2012 Ram 2500 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

By on Friday, August 17, 2012

"So far, so great. The new Cummins 6.7 High Output motor is monstrously strong. This is actually my second 6.7 Cummins engine. I traded a 100% stock 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 with 141,000 trouble free miles. It was a great, reliable truck. The newest HO version 6.7 is definitely stronger. This is a much better truck overall with more pulling power, a much nicer interior and a much better styling IMO. The new HO version seems to get a little better mileage than my 07 did. I get about 14.5 mpg in mixed driving (that's calculated by hand), but you have to remember that this engine is still stretching. It may get better mileage after a few thousand miles. I know a lot of people say the 5.9 was a much better motor, but I disagree. The 5.9L was a great engine, but the 6.7L is a big step up in performance. The new ram itself is miles better all around than the other Rams I've owned."

Best trade ever.

By on Friday, December 23, 2011

Pros: "Cummins power and deleted fuel economy."

Cons: "TPMS tire bing, MUST A Steering box stabilizer!"

"I bought my new 2011.5 Mega Cab after a long search to replace my aging GMC Duramax which was a very good truck with 268,000 somewhat trouble free miles. I have the 4x4 with every option but the sunroof which I chose the roof marker lights instead. My experience has been awesome thus far, only issues have been with the tire tpms monitoring system which sucks. I leveled mine with Thuren 2.75 springs and Thuren white shocks, it runs awesome post delete with 15.5 city"

I love this truck!

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Pros: "Tows heavy loads with ease and comfort, good looks"

Cons: "fuel milage could be better"

"This truck is my first diesel 4x4 equiped truck. This truck tows my 13,000 LB Raptor 5th Wheel toy hauler with little effort. The ride and comfort is excellent! Towing is a pleasure. I purchased this truck new and have owned it for 3 years and have had only one problem, a headlight wire harness problem that was repaired while under factory warranty. I wouldn't own anything but a Ram truck!"

great truck if you need to tow

By on Friday, August 28, 2015

Pros: "big, pulls good"

Cons: "big in town"

"great mileage, quiet and clean"

Killed two tranmissions in 40k miles.

By on Monday, May 28, 2012

"My truck is now on its 3rd transmission in 40k miles. I will confess... I do plenty of heavy towing and stop and go driving for my work, but needing new transmissions like the engine needs fresh oil every few thousand miles is ridiculous. I've owned many other trucks with many more miles all on the original transmissions."

Stout, dependable, ready

By on Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Pros: "Fun and hearty"

Cons: "Too comfortable everyone always wants to take my t"

"The Cummins diesel motor is strong and durable with outstanding towing capabilities and the interior that is available with the Laramie package is so comfortable and functional my bride of 34 years simply loves it. Guys, there is no quicker way to get a new truck than to have one available that you bride will love, and there is no better feeling when you load her up for a 10 hour drive to visit your kids and she continually comments on how comfortable she is! WOW, what a great feeling for sure! I bought this truck at the urging of some of my buddies who are RAM owners themselves and I sure glad I did. Before buying my RAM I was a Ford F250 man but had out off buying one due to the number of diesel problems Ford continued having. I begin thinking how often or how long had it been since I heard of continuing, or even isolated problems with the Cummins… As a small business owner and a weekend rancher I depend on a truck…a truck that is dependable, performance minded and quality proven…GUTS, GLORY * RAM!"

I love it.

By on Saturday, November 13, 2010

"I recently purchased a 2011 Ram 2500 Laramie MegaCab. I spent a lot of time researching my decision prior to my purchases and test drove then all. I liked Ford's Lariat interior better but Dodge did a pretty good job too. I did not want to be a guinea pig on a new engine that has only been out for a year. I love this truck it is comfortable and drivers really nice, and I can haul a lot of weight and don't even notice, the truck drives the same, you don't even feel it. I love this truck and I am not regretting my purchase at all."

A LOT of power

By on Monday, November 18, 2013

Pros: "Plenty of power, styling, great deal"

Cons: "Rough ride on washboard dirt roads"

"I've owned primarily Ford trucks in the past, (gas). Looked at all the models this time for my first Diesel, and chose the RAM Cummins, (not sure why Ford changes their Diesel engines every 2-3 years...That scared me. Chevy just didn't cut it with the interior). I've had this truck for about 3 weeks now, and the only concern that I have is being able to keep rear tires on the truck. It's heavy overall, and light in the rear. The rear tires spin easily when pulling out into traffic, but the Stabilization Control makes certain you remain in control and put the power where it needs to be. The second day I had it, I was towing a 1.5ton trailer. Never knew it was back there. The rear tires broke free during shifts when I put the pedal to the floor. Tire rubber coated the inside of the rear wheel wells. If you take it easy, she does just fine... The exhaust brake works very well when pulling, or loaded. NOTE: DO NOT USE THE EXHAUST BRAKE WHEN THE ROADS ARE SLIPPERY, it can cause the rear-end to loose traction, especially when hauling. The fit and finish are superb. I have the 2013 2500 Laramie w/8.4an. Lots of features. The sound system is incredible. That paired with the SUPER quiet interior, and you can listen to crisp, clear music at a low volume, (nice). The seats are comfortable, but the ride itself is stiff. I have the optional Plow Ready Package, and without the plow on, it can be jar your teeth traveling slow on washboard dirt roads. Never had any complaint on the highway, though. The rear seat configuration is great. Plenty of room for 3 large people. When you lift the seats to place items instead of people, I think Chevy did a better job. Chevy gives you more room for rear Storage than RAM. Don't get me wrong, RAM has plenty of storage back there. RAM has the Fold Flat panels you have to unfold after you lift the seats due to under seat storage compartments. Chevy's seats are of a Cantilever design, so, fold the seats up and you have level floor all across the back. After working with my dealer, I was able to get this monster for $45,000. That's a FREE Diesel upgrade, and then some! Way less than Chevy or Ford were willing for the same trim level. Overall, VERY nice truck. I'm happy- :D"

A strong truck with a nice interior

By on Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Pros: "Cummins, very interior, great value"

Cons: "Diesel engine isn't cheap."

"That Cummins can't be beat. I love the torque and the sound of this engine (Maybe a little too quiet, I guess). It is a very expensive engine to have, and it is pretty thirsty, but the towing power + the exhaust brake make it worth every penny over the Hemi. The two things I dislike about this is that the A/C system feels kind of weak. It just barely keeps up with the hottest temps. The other thing I dislike is that I find it very difficult to climb over the tailgate lip and use the tiny bumper as an up/down step. If you have a 4x4 like me, it's just makes it that much harder. I have no other real complaints. The most surprising thing about this truck is really how nice the interior is. It's no Maybach, but it's very comfortable and looks very well made in comparison to other trucks I've owned. This truck is also a pretty good value in comparison to other trucks. It has many features standard that you just wouldn't expect for the price."

I finally found a truck I'm happy with.

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pros: "Cummins engine, interior, styling, problem free"

Cons: "MPG"

"After years of problems with a couple of Ford PSD 6.0s, a PSD 6.4 and a Duramax diesel, I finally own a truck that isn't giving me problems. Never owned a Ram Cummins before, but now I don't think I could ever own anything different. This truck is absolutely awesome inside and out. The interior is comfortable, it has excellent fit an finish, it handles well, it has the nicest styling of any truck on the market imo, the Cummins 6.7 diesel is a hardcore pulling machine, it's also a much better equipped truck for the money you pay. I really have no major complaints in the last the 30,000+ miles. I guess I wish the steering wheel had more adjustment for taller drivers (People like me). Mileage is not as good as some other diesels, but fuel economy wasn't why I bought the truck in the first place. I think brake feel and stopping power is a little better on the Chevy trucks, but that's really the worst I can come up with. I wouldn't go back to a Chevy and DEFINITELY will never buy anything with a Ford Powerstroke badge ever again. Everything else about this truck is just better. It's been 100% problem free, it's strong, it's got a better interior and you just get more for your money. If you're looking for a HD truck, I'd definitely recommended the Ram."

True test of reliability

By on Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Pros: "Reliability, Comfort, power"

Cons: "Seats breaking down with heavy use"

"I am currently a manager for a large County EMS service in Texas. Our service has been running these diesel trucks for the past few years. From unfinished dirt roads to city driving and everything in between some of these units have well over 200k HARD miles. Other than a few small hick ups the dodge 6.7L diesel has by far been the most dependable engine we have ever used in our fleet. We have had a few problems with our front seats breaking down and needing to be replaced around 180k miles. Although I don't see many normal consumers having this problem since we are in and out of these trucks none stop 24-7. Just can't say enough about the reliability of these trucks. I now own one my self.."

Awesome truck

By on Saturday, April 14, 2012

Pros: "Top quality, loads of power"

Cons: "you have to really nitpick to find one"

"Had to replace my aging SuperDuty, and decided to go with a Cummins. I'm very happy I did. You get a lot more "bang for your buck" with the Ram. It's loaded with everything, and I got the base ST model which came with several upgrades. My biggest gripe is the light for the TPMS is too bright on dark rural roads, but that's it. The Cummins thinks it's a sports car engine. Fuel mileage isn't quite as good as the 7.3 Powerstroke, but it sure doesn't accelerate like a PS. The 4wd has handled everything winter here can throw at it and done it like a surefooted cat. Family loves the crew cab. It's a win-win-win."

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

"I love the look and feel of this truck. The price was pretty good at the time of purchase. The gas mileage is horrible. 14 around town. 17.5 on highway. tows great and a lot of power. Had a paint issue (faded in one spot). I bought this truck because of the price and look. We will see if it holds it's value."

Lovin' the 2012 Ram 3500 Mega Cab Larmie

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pros: "Interior, Exterior, Bang for the Buck"

Cons: "Gas Milage"

"I owned a 2012 GMC Sierra 2500HD before I traded it in on my 1-ton Dodge and it was a fantastic decision. You get by far more bells and whistles for the price and the interior is without a doubt more plush and luxurious to the Sierra which rattled and felt like a $5 happy meal to drive. I agree, the towing and cargo capacity is lower than the GMC and FORD but the truck is a heck of a lot nicer and you get the reliability of the Cummins Diesel."

Love this truck. Top inetrior & uconnect unmatched

By on Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Pros: "Smooth ride, unmatched interior and uconnect!"

Cons: "Havent found any yet!"

"I had been looking for a diesel for a while. I finally decided it was time. I did my research and ended up deciding on the 2015 cummins 6.7 mega cab Longhorn Laramie. When I went to the dealer I was decided on a basic 2015 mega cab. Of course being November many of the 2015 were gone. They showed me the last 2015 Longhorn Laramie and I fell in love. I drove it and I could not believe how smooth it rode compared to my 2007 1500 hemi. After looking at Ford's. Which are just simple compared to the Ram...comparing apples to apples. And looking at chevy with there crazy amount of recalls and far more expensive than the ford and ram. I decided on the following... The reliability of the Cummins. I know the ford 250 and the Chevy 2500 have more horse power but ram has the reliable cummins, better interior, unmatched uconnect features, the mega cab is a must, so comfortable....best bang for the buck. The cummins diesel engines are on commercial vehicles and are proven to last. Also they have less moving parts so they last longer. Lastly they interior and convenience features do not compare to the ford or chevy. To top it off the dealer knocked off 9k off MSRP. Also fuel economy without a load is over 20mpgs on highway. Couldn't be happier."

I like the truck but not Ram Customer Service

By on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pros: "Looks good"

Cons: "Ram Customer Service the WORST"

"My map light does not work, I have contacted dealer & customer service numerous times and was told they were looking into it. After 2 & half months Ram Cust Service said they have NO parts for repairs and don't know when part replacement will be available. Not that a map light is so important, but really they don't have a map light for a $61,000 truck and won't pull a part from the factory build line. I'm glad it's not a starter or gear shift or a radio knob broken they may not have those parts either. In addition to this the electronics have shut off a couple of times and you have to re-start to get them working. All in all (so far) I like the truck. But I have never had a Chevy or Ford dealer or their customer service say they don't have replacement parts. So to me the warranty is not worth nothing. I noticed the map light was not working 1 week after I purchased the truck."

First truck I've kept passed two years.

By on Thursday, September 24, 2015

Pros: "Excellent ROI."

Cons: "Passenger seat that matches driver's seat features"

"Haven't found anything that compares to the quality, dependability and ride. Plenty of tech gadgets that really work. The NAV System is spot on. Good looking truck, inside and out."

good value for your money

By on Sunday, January 5, 2014

Pros: "lots of room,great looks and ride,great powertrain"

Cons: "dissappointing mpg"

"I needed a truck to tow my 12thousand pound fifth wheel ,I tow maybe 4/6 times a year ,I chose the new 6.4litre hemi2500 crew cab,great looks,awesome traction in snow and ice even in 2 wheel drive,tons of passenger room,quiet interior,i have owned cummins in the past but found it hard to justify the extra 6k or so for the diesel option for as little as I tow ,I used to get 16mpg with my old cummins but only 13.5 with this new 6.4,highway miles hand calculated,,,,very happy with my new truck just wish the fuel mileage was better,this motor has the cyclinder deactivation technology but I don't think 4 cyclinders is going to move six and a half thousand pounds too well ,,lol,,,hope someone finds this useful,if cost was not an issue I would have bought the cummins"

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ram 2500 Crew Cab near Honolulu. See local deals