2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab

8.2

Based on 80 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

Best truck ever

By on Monday, November 13, 2017

Pros: "No problems."

Cons: "wouldnt get ac seats"

"I have the Limited, with the air rear suspension with all the options. I also own a E350 4matic Mercedes. I always drive the Ram. It is nicer. I get 22mpg at 80 mph on the freeway and about 16 around town. The only thing I wish it had that the MB has is the blind assist. The interior is top notch. I think all the 2500s from Ford, Chevy and Ram are close to the same. People make too big a deal about the differences. I have owned them all. No complaints. For example the steering wheel on GM is crooked, not sure why, but I was close to buying GM until I noticed this. Drove me crazy, but that is me. Also on my next truck I will not get the AC seats or for that matter any type of perforated seats. Too much stuff gets in the perforations. Truck is a truck, but I dont want to get stuff in the seats otherwise they will smell. So you cant eat in the truck and use it for hunting unless you cover the seats. I think I would back off the trim level."

The best truck I have ever owend!

By on Friday, December 8, 2017

Pros: "Best value for the money. Comfertable and reliable"

Cons: "MDS System, Transmission shifting"

"Hands down the nicest truck I have ever owned! This truck is the best value for the money in my opinion and I have owned quite a few trucks in my life. It had the same factory recalls as all of the other trucks I have owned from Chevy, Ford and Toyota, after having the TSBs repaired I have had zero problems with it. I would say the fit and finish is not as precise and clean as my 2012 Toyota Tundra was and the Uconnect system is not as reliable as Onstar but it works and the people you speak with for assistance are always polite and friendly. I tow a trailer a lot on the weekends and it is hands down the most comfortable truck to tow with. The interior is very nice and quiet while driving. The wife and I have enjoyed many road trips in it and she also enjoys the comfortable ride for a 3/4 ton. Plenty of power for a gas engine. The 6 speed transmission would be my only complaint as it seems that the shift points dont match the rpm range and speed your travailing correctly and it does seem to shift to 6th gear while at too slow of a speed to activate the MDS Cylinder Deactivation System which then vibrates the cab too much so I usually keep it in tow/haul mode ( even when I am not towing) to eliminate the MDS. I didnt buy a 6.4L 3/4ton 4x4 truck and expect to get good gas millage so dont expect to get 25mpg in this truck. If I keep my foot out of the gas I can get 12MPG city and 17MPG on the highway. Towing my trailer fully loaded I get 8.7MPG on the highway."

Awesome Dodge truck

By on Thursday, August 15, 2013

"We have the 2011 Dodge Ram Laramie. Owned 3 others just great trucks. Each time we have upgraded. Love them and no issues."

so capable

By on Saturday, October 26, 2013

Pros: "go any where do what ever"

"Quit trying to find a goos 4 wheel drive and buy the best"

My brand new 2012 Ram 2500 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

By on Friday, August 17, 2012

"So far, so great. The new Cummins 6.7 High Output motor is monstrously strong. This is actually my second 6.7 Cummins engine. I traded a 100% stock 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 with 141,000 trouble free miles. It was a great, reliable truck. The newest HO version 6.7 is definitely stronger. This is a much better truck overall with more pulling power, a much nicer interior and a much better styling IMO. The new HO version seems to get a little better mileage than my 07 did. I get about 14.5 mpg in mixed driving (that's calculated by hand), but you have to remember that this engine is still stretching. It may get better mileage after a few thousand miles. I know a lot of people say the 5.9 was a much better motor, but I disagree. The 5.9L was a great engine, but the 6.7L is a big step up in performance. The new ram itself is miles better all around than the other Rams I've owned."

Best trade ever.

By on Friday, December 23, 2011

Pros: "Cummins power and deleted fuel economy."

Cons: "TPMS tire bing, MUST A Steering box stabilizer!"

"I bought my new 2011.5 Mega Cab after a long search to replace my aging GMC Duramax which was a very good truck with 268,000 somewhat trouble free miles. I have the 4x4 with every option but the sunroof which I chose the roof marker lights instead. My experience has been awesome thus far, only issues have been with the tire tpms monitoring system which sucks. I leveled mine with Thuren 2.75 springs and Thuren white shocks, it runs awesome post delete with 15.5 city"

I love this truck!

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Pros: "Tows heavy loads with ease and comfort, good looks"

Cons: "fuel milage could be better"

"This truck is my first diesel 4x4 equiped truck. This truck tows my 13,000 LB Raptor 5th Wheel toy hauler with little effort. The ride and comfort is excellent! Towing is a pleasure. I purchased this truck new and have owned it for 3 years and have had only one problem, a headlight wire harness problem that was repaired while under factory warranty. I wouldn't own anything but a Ram truck!"

This is a great value for the truck

By on Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Pros: "Power, visibility, never mind the weather"

Cons: "Check engine light frequent annoyance on diesel"

"I had a string of Ford diesels over the years and I decided to ditch Ford after I got shafted by the 6.0 diesel. Neither Ram nor Ford is problem free but I can say that I have had no more minor problems with the Rams than I had with the Fords, the exception being the engine fiasco with Ford. The Cummins engine is a dream and has a long pedigree. I replaced a U joint on my Ram 2500 while under warranty. Major problem is with the government and all the gadgets attached to the diesel engine activate the check engine light frequently. But no major problem,"

great truck if you need to tow

By on Friday, August 28, 2015

Pros: "big, pulls good"

Cons: "big in town"

"great mileage, quiet and clean"

Awesome

By on Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Pros: "great price, fun to drive."

Cons: "no interior center console storage in tradesman"

"Purchase the truck in June 2016. The 6.7 Cummins is an awesome engine and will pull what I need it too without breaking a sweat. Rides great. Uconnect system is great. If you need a sharp looking, hard working, practical truck that will last you a looong time, Ram 2500 equipped with 6.7 Cummins engine will take you down the road in comfort."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ram 2500 Crew Cab near Honolulu. See local deals