2013 Ram 1500 Regular Cab

Based on 302 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

Strong Hemi but weak construction good milage

By on Saturday, July 6, 2013

Pros: "Strong Hemi engine weak transmission!"

Cons: "not quality built and metal very weak!!!"

"Have owned 4 Ram trucks this is the worst constructed I have ever had tie rod ends went bad at 22,000 miles bumper rusted at pick up had to be replaced under warranty as well as several other things. This is a cruddy quality built truck as I have ever bought new. Mileage and ride is good but that is about all I can say for the truck not happy with Dodge on this one at all and they could care less."

2014 Ram 1500 Regular Cab V6 2WD

By on Thursday, March 3, 2016

Pros: "Great value, above average gas mileage, quiet ride"

Cons: "Seats need more support"

"I've had this truck for two years now and would recommend it as a alternative to the other popular trucks/brands on the road. First its a great value, several thousand $$ below the competition. The ride is terrific, smooth and quiet. Power delivery is above average for the V6 and fuel consumption is easily 27mpg. The U-Connect interface is simple, easy to use and understand. The instrument cluster and switches are well laid out and the big knobs for the environmental controls work great. There is plenty of storage space behind the seat, more than you would expect for a regular cab. The cargo bed has a remote locking tailgate. The only negative thing I can mention is the seat comfort. The lower cushion could use more support and the back cushion needs additional lumbar support. The only reason that I did not rate this truck a 10 is that there is always room for improvement, no matter how small or minor it may seem."

Handles/rides well. MPG's- poor local, good hwy.

By on Saturday, August 6, 2011

Pros: "Good highway mpg's, excellent interior storage."

Cons: "Poor local mpg's. Too many initial problems and recalls."

"I have owned 4 new trucks since 2001, 3 GM's and now this 2011 Ram SLT Bighorn. All have been V8, 4X4 extended cab models. The Ram has a smoother ride, a more comfortable and useful interior and handles better then those GM's. Performance-wise the Ram is not that much quicker and it gets worse mpgs and the 3 GM's I owned did not have cylinder deactivation (had an '01 w/4.8, '03 w/5.3 and '06 w/5.3 H.O.). I averaged 18.2 mpg w/all 3 GM's and 17.1 mpg with this Ram driving the same way (easy on the throttle), same roads and all 4 trucks have had similar rear gear ratio's. That might seem close but with gas pushing $4/gallon every little bit helps. The Ram has had 1 recall (rear axle) and 4 rapid responses in my 7 months of ownership. I had 1 recall (tailgate strap) in 10 years of driving the 3 GM's, so the GM's have been more reliable. I am hoping to see an end to the recalls and rapid responses and would also like to see local mpg's increase as the truck breaks in. I also notice that the 5.7's power wheelhouse is at too high an rpm, by the time the engine really starts to pull I am already at the speed limit. If I was at the track and launching at 2800 rpm this wouldn't be a concern but when I am merging onto a highway I want the power then and there, not when I am already at 65mph. As you can probably tell from the above text I am not a kid and am a function over form type of guy. I see a lot of reviews that talk about having a "Hemi" and how cool it is and rate the vehicle high for that reason alone. Not me, any truck must do all the things a truck is meant for and be reliable and that is what I based my ratings on."

Love the truck, no problems except tires wear fast

By on Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Pros: "Powerful, fast, fun to drive, HighWay 20-22 mpg"

Cons: "Gas milage around town about 16-18 mpg"

"Great truck for the money. Ford and Chevy were much more though I love Ford trucks, just couldn't afford one. Road handling is excellent for a truck. Coil springs in rear give a great ride and have no problem towing up to 6000lbs trailer. Powerful with great acceleration. Great for winter driving in snow and ice. Off road good, wish I had a limited slip differential. Tire wear and gas millage are my only complaints so far. I get 16-18 mpg around town and I can get 20-22 mpg on the highway if I use the speed control and set it to 60mph. If you get a ram, be sure to get the Limited Slip Differential which I regret not getting. Miss it. Chrysler very slow with recall N08/NHTSA 13V-038 which reports the axle pinion nut may not have been secured with an adhesive patch, thus causing the rear axil to seize and cause a crash. Been waiting several months for the repair. Dealer say's, "it's coming". In the mean time, hope no one gets hurt or worse. Still love the truck, would recommend it, so far!!"

Love my new truck

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Pros: "ecodiesel power & mpg, air suspension, rambox"

Cons: "cheap antenna, not enough xm presets"

"This is my first Truck and first diesel. It's a blast to drive, quicker than I expected with a weight of almost 6,000 lbs. Pulls our 22' travel trailer like it's not even there. We hae only had it for about a month, and so far we are getting about 22 mpg overall. 1 short trip pulling the trailer and we got 16 mpg towing. With the back-up camera, I can get hitched up with no assistance. 4 corner air suspension gives a really smooth ride too."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ram 1500 Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals