2012 Ram 1500 Regular Cab

Based on 302 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

Best truck on the market, Owned for 9 months

By on Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Pros: "Looks, Power, Interior"

"My wife and I were looking for a truck so we test drove nearly every brand on the market (F150, Tundra, Avalanche, Silverado, Titan, and the RAM) The Ram is so much more comfortable than any other truck with the all around coil springs. Also, the interior space is only beaten by the F150 (by about 3 inches) but the quality is far superior than the F150. I have the 5.7 hemi, and on my last trip from Dallas to Ft. Sill (~175 miles) my overall MPG average was 23.1 averaging 65 mph. I get compliments all the time on how well it looks as well as how roomy the interior is. This truck will also out accelerate about everything else on the road so passing on the freeway is NO problem. The only 'issue' is the back seating, the middle of the floor is raised to accomidate the transmission, unlike the flat floor in the F150. I recommend this truck to all of my friends and co-workers whenever they tell me they are looking for a new truck. Coming from a person who did the test driving and homework, this is the best truck on the market by far!!!"

A Complete Surprise!

By on Friday, May 23, 2014

Pros: "Heated/Ventilated Seats, Sound System, Exhaust.."

Cons: "It sits high up.. But it's a truck!! its expected!"

"I have the 2014 Ram 1500 Laramie, Let me just say I didn't expect a very luxurious interior! Heated Seats and a heat wheel! Ventilated Seats.. The Exterior is well designed and the power of the 5.7 L Hemi is outstanding! The only thing I can't speak of is Reliability I baby this truck so it should be good! Overall this truck is awesome! Definitely check it out in person."

great truck with some engineering flaws

By on Sunday, May 25, 2014

Pros: "great to ride and drive"

Cons: "difficult to get in and use as a "truck""

"Great truck, drives and rides great, good fuel mileage for a truck. Same problem as most new trucks, sits entirely to high off the ground. Im a fairly tall guy (6'3") and have no trouble getting in and out… the problem is that the seat will be totally worn out before the truck has 40,000 miles on it from having to slide in and out! Newer trucks are so high from the ground older people can't even get in them easily and won't buy them due to that fact. I am also a contractor and the bed being so high is a huge issue for me. Its difficult to load/ unload and almost impossible to reach over the side to retrieve anything, then I end up having to drop the tailgate and crawl into the bed to get anything that is at the front of the bed. For this reason, I am selling my Ram and will replace it with an older body style that isn't so high off the ground. My previous F-350 Super Duty did not set as high as this 1500."

Worth Every Penny

By on Thursday, September 1, 2016

Pros: "Quiet, comfortable, good fuel milage"

Cons: "Sits way to high for a 2WD truck"

"I purchased my RAM 1500 Eco Diesel new last November. I wanted one with the front bench seat and it was hard to find, most come with the overly huge center console. The diesel is very quiet, you only really hear it at start up after which it quiets down. Although it could use a bit more power. Several friends have mentioned they don't believe it's a diesel!! After just over 12,000 miles I have yet to have any real problems other than a defective left front fender the dealer won't fix. Fuel mileage as of now is averaging 25mpg, not bad for a 6,00lb truck!! This is a very comfortable truck to drive, handles well, stops well and looks good too! Only Con I can find is it sits too high, actually sits higher than my old GMC 4WD truck!!"

Great truck

By on Sunday, January 10, 2016

Pros: "Smooth ride, great performance for a V6, just fun"

Cons: "MPG not impressive"

"I have the Ram 1500 Quad Cab, 4x4, Black Express Package, 3.6L Pentastar, 8-speed torquefleet transmission. The only extras I put on the truck was the Black Express Package, CD player, and spray in bed liner. The performance of the truck is great, considering the truck is a V6, it has much more power. It drives like a V8 of just a few years ago. I'm not too impressed with the real world gas mileage. I get about 18 MPG city when the weather is sound. If it's really cold out, I'm getting about 15-16 MPG. But you can't complain about 23 MPG highway. It's an extremely smooth drive, so it's a comfortable truck for the family. I have only used the 4x4 on a few occasions, but I think the 4x4 is solid. What I've noticed is how the truck steering is automatically impacted, it feels a little rough when turning with 4x4 on. I have not towed with this truck yet. I ordered the 3.55 real axles, but when the truck came in, they came with 3.21 axels. Supposedly RAM stopped offering the 3.55 on the 1500 with the V6. I'm not sure if people were towing too much and it was causing too many problems or what. From what I've read you can comfortably tow a 4,000 lb load with the V6. I don't have any need to tow, so this is a great truck for an everyday kind of guy. Of course it's nice to be able to load up the 6'4" bed when I have something I want to move. I believe this truck should sell about $2,000 less than what dealers put it out for. I should have went with a Ram 2500 with the 6.4L V8, considering it's only a few thousand dollars more."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ram 1500 Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals