2012 Ram 1500 Regular Cab

Based on 302 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

2014 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 - 3.6L Pentastar V-6

By on Thursday, October 27, 2016

Pros: "Excellent all-around truck"

Cons: "Need steps to get in"

"I have owned the truck for nearly three years. It has needed no repairs, other than routine maintenance. The V-6 runs smoothly and pulls the truck with no problem. The 8-speed transmission always has it in the right gear, and except under very heavy acceleration, shifts are scarcely noticeable. I have used it to pull a 12-foot utility trailer with about 2000 pounds load, and it handled the towing fine. I am 6'4, 250 pounds, and this is easily the most comfortable vehicle I've ever owned. Ride and driving dynamics are very good. Electronics are intuitive, and the gauge package is phenomenal. Mileage averages 19.5 combined. Turnpike at 80 mph only nets about 18.5, but at 65 on level roads, I have made 23, hand calculated (the onboard computer is optimistic by about 1 mpg). The floor and seat are high, so I invested in the chrome pipe steps. They look sharp and are practically a necessity for average-sized people. For the way I use a truck, I have not regretted the V-6 decision at all. It makes 305 HP, which is plenty for my purposes. I have front and rear sensors for parking, which really help with a vehicle this large."

2 major air conditioner failures in 12 months, 105

By on Monday, July 18, 2016

Cons: "air conditioner not dependable"

"2 major air conditioner failures in 12 months, 105 degrees in Texas."

GOOD AND BAD

By on Sunday, October 26, 2014

Pros: "MPG, towing abilities"

Cons: "entertainment system"

"First the bad, seats are not too comfy on long road trips, and whatever entertainment system you get when you buy it is what you are stuck with. For some reason a decision maker decided you can not upgrade the system once it is out of the factory. I miss my NAV. This truck towed my 62 GMC 2000 from California to Minnesota without any issues, and had no problems getting up to highway speed, on this trip I averaged 15 MPG….hauling over 8000 lbs. Normal highway MPG is 24 and some change."

Best truck I have owned

By on Sunday, May 10, 2015

Pros: "Very comfortable (6'4"), good mileage, powerful"

Cons: "cup holder when middle front seat is up"

"Quiet, comfortable and good mileage even though it has the Hemi engine. Average overall about 17.5 mpg. For a change, my wife would rather ride in it than her car. I would buy another, but hope I don't need to in the foreseeable future. Like the backup camera and the room."

Better than the competitors

By on Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Pros: "Resale value, storage centers, controls, ride,"

Cons: "outside mirrors seems to big"

"Ram beats Chevy, Ford and Toyota in quality. The SLT Big Horn Edition is overall the greatest full size crew cab ever bought. I like it a bunch being excellent in a (smooth ride) on a smooth transmission gives when driving the gravel roads in the country includes a new ''rotary dial'' without auto or automatic shifting read some owners doesn't like it but I'm pleased with it. Ram handles the freeways tight as drove to my hometown in KS wasn't warned out from a great quality ride got out my truck. V6 engine under a 302hp is very enthusiast in highest performance it beats those luxury cars off the road under quiet horsepower and think Chrysler gave the Ram some greater juice under the hood mean on how a crew cab has so much power with a V6 instead a V8 which still available but guess Ram just needed something more fuel efficient. This would be something see in a midsize car not a crew cab having 6 cylinder engine in class still has the best ride and better gas mileage on 26 mpg like window sticker said and commercial advertised to be. Navigation system available on SLT Big Horn with a UCONNECT it ft. Pandora radio, Bluetooth, heated steering wheel, ventilated seats and has an rear backup camera connected to it. Ram have a more roomier interior its very comfortable and unique in all the best quality. Drives quietly on road and love all storage compartments even seats folds into floorboard and love those compartments they are in the right places on this truck. Air suspension is a plus on having a more superb ride and drives really smoother while got 4WD on giving better fuel economy everything is best on Ram resale value. Love my Ram 1500 with lots of new technology its better than a Ford and Chevy in just about everything this is why its MOTOR TREND TRUCK OF THE YEAR because Chrysler built a high tech crew cab available for the road."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ram 1500 Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals