2012 Ram 1500 Regular Cab

Based on 318 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

Best vehicle I've ever owned.

By on Monday, January 18, 2016

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Cup holders and cd player locations not the best."

"Had it for 3yrs, never a problem. A few recalls, fixed in one visit. Beautiful, fast, comfortable, reliable. More powerful and beefier suspension than GM."

No Comparision

By on Sunday, March 27, 2011

"I have owned the Ford F-150 Crew Cab, The New Style Toyota Tundra with its 5.7 engine and Now the 2011 Dodge Ram Crew 4x4. While they all have been good vehicles, the RAM stands alone with its entire package. All interior features and options are laid out perfectly for comfort and styling. We have 3 children ages 10 to 16 and they have plenty of room all around with our full Crew Cab. (The quad was just a little small for us, that is why we opted for the bigger cab package.) The exterior is just sleek and bold. With some very nice Colors. Personally we have the Hunter Green Metallic. The ride and handling is 2nd to none. No wind or road noise what so ever. No roll in the turns as well as the turning radius is tight for the size of the truck, and even the speed bumps don't cause any major bounce. And finally the 5.7 HEMI... What can I say. Strong and silent. Pulls through all ranges and when you put your foot into it, it gets up and goes... as well as I have been averaging 17 around town and low 20's on the Highway. This is the first Dodge vehicle I have ever owned and as with all the reviews I have read, DODGE has their stuff together with this one. I would Highly recommend this Truck to anyone in the market for a full size Truck."

i own it and love it

By on Monday, January 16, 2017

Pros: "great priced truck and very fun to drive"

Cons: "you can only mute the radio"

"I have had this truck for a month we do a lot of traveling and really enjoy this truck its great on gas better than what they list and its like driving a car. It has plenty of power and reacts quickly when you need it to"

RAM ECODIESEL is a great truck to have.

By on Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Pros: "Fuel economey, Torque, roomy cab, and handling"

Cons: "expensixe oil"

"I have owned my 2016 eco diesel for almost a year now. So far I absolutely love it! I have put over 18,000 miles on it and it has not had any issues. The performance is good, I really enjoy the low end torque that this truck promises. It does however lack on the high end spectrum (speeds over 80MPH) but this does not bother me as there are not many roads you can legally go over 70MPH. The ecodiesel makes up for it in the fuel economy I have averaged a combined 24MPG (which is better that epa claims) and have gotten up to 31MPGs on a 180 mile trip not going above 55. One down side is the coast of the Euro blend oil, I paid $50 for 6 quarts from amazon and it takes 10.5 quarts to complete. It handles very good on paved roads, on dirt roads, on snow, and in mud. Overall this is a great truck for the money and worth the extra for having that diesel engine. On this truck it is hard to hear the engine and turbo when driving which is a plus for some people, but sometimes I wish it were a little louder."

QUALITY AND COMFORT

By on Saturday, January 7, 2017

"This is a very nice truck with most options. It was a better value than Ford or Chevy. Performance is amazing and the looks are just as good."

One great vehicle

By on Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Pros: "Great value,very comfortable ride,fantastic power,"

"I had a 2012 Chevy Silverado that I had purchased new.It had leather bucket seats,4x4,extended cab,5.3> I was really never impressed with the performance of this vehicle,so I bought a really nice stainless steel cat back system that had dual side exit pipes,stainless stell header,a throttle body spacer,a PCM programmer to help the performance.The after market goodies helped but I still wasn't satisfied.I bought that truck 8-15-2013.I really liked the way the new 2014 Silverados looked when they came out.I went and test drove one but the dealership and I couldn't come together on terms.I started looking around at other 2014 trucks.I likedd the Toyota Tundra,the Ford was ok,I wasn't impressed the Nissan Titan.Checking out the adds on the internet one Sunday morning I saw the add for my present Ram sport crew cab.Went to the dealership on a Sunday thinking that they would be closed but much to my suprise they were open.Needless to say I traded a 2000 Mercedes S-430 with 87000 miles and a 2012 Chevy Silverado LT with 20000 miles in on my new Ram Sport Crew....I love this truck,interior is nice,Hemi has great power,outside is beautiful,stying is great,and the bottom line is the value....Everyone that rides or drives my truck love it.No problems so far and the recent ice storms here were no problem to me as my Ram is 4x4...I bought this truck 12-1-2013 so I've had 3 months to rate my truck."

First Ram, Best for Comparison

By on Sunday, September 9, 2012

Pros: "Power, Sound System, Comfortable Seats, Leg Room"

Cons: "Cup holders are on the floor in the back"

Picking it up from the dealership!

"This truck hasn't given me any issues, got the oil changed at 3k exactly and everything still runs like brand new. I tested all trucks and liked the fact that this model had the center console to the comparison of Ford, GMC, Chevrolet and Toyota. I got the Dodge Ram 2012 - Quad Cab Big Horn Edition, The edition right below the 'limited'. This truck also had the best quality of a sound system related to the comparisons. I haven't towed anything yet but can wait and will keep you updated. I am 7' tall and when I sit in the driver's seat with the chair all the way back I have about 4 inches in between me and the dash (which is a lot if you're tall). I wish I would've bought the crew cab however because I have a tall family. Gas mileage is a steady 12.9 for me, a little below the expected in the city but still pretty good. The power behind the engine; my friend bought the new Ford - F150 eco boost model and we'll just say I won by a tremendous distance. Overall great purchase!"

Picking it up from the dealership!

TD'S review

By on Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Pros: "great power , smooth, rides like adream"

Cons: "N/A"

"I am proud to offer my opinion on this vehicle ! THE HEMI IS 1 IN in ALL THE BEST powerplant that this Truck has to offer this great handling , along with the best ride I had ever had. The traction control with 4wheel dr."

By far, the best 1/2 ton truck I have ever owned

By on Monday, October 24, 2016

Pros: "fuel efficient, styling fantastic, very comfy"

Cons: "diesel is pricey, but worth every penny"

"I have owned a bunch of trucks from all the manufacturers over the years. I use to be a big Chevy guy, but the new Chevys and GMC just look cheap on the inside.....so I looked at the RAM, and in particular loved the diesel option in the 1/2 ton. I have put 25K miles on it pulling a travel trailer and this thing is pure pleasure! It pulls the trailer at 75 mph all day long and delivers 16MPG even with the trailer attached (about 7K pounds of load). Unloaded, I consistently can achieve over 20 mpg with this truck. And that's a 4wd truck to boot! No problems or issues with it. Interior is top notch compared to the competitors. I am in the auto buying business so I get to drive a LOT of stuff, particularly pickups, and this one is at the top of my recommendations."

Happy with purchase

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

Pros: "styling, great looks (flame red) great price"

Cons: "none yet only had truck 4.5 months"

"Purchased Larmie November 2013. Made one 400 mile trip avg 21 mpg. I was impressed, with ride and handeling. City driving 14.2, most driving is city,4 miles per day. Glad I have 4 wheel drive needed it this winter in the north east. Need wheel to wheel run boards to get in cab (makes life easier)"

Sorry Ford and GM, this one is a NO BRAINER!!!!

By on Friday, October 5, 2012

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, very fuel friendly!"

"I don't know why everyone is complaining about the gas mileage? If you read the manual or even went through the truck and checked out its features, you would see that the trucks today come with an ECON system and really allows the truck to sip the gas. I can stretch a 1/4 tank of gas for a week and a half. That thing can get more than 18 mpg's, you just have to know how to drive it. Trust me I've been using this feature and it works.Again READ THE MANUAL or WATCH THE DVD THAT COMES WITH THE TRUCK!!!!!!"

Not reliable

By on Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Pros: "Drives and rides excellent, good features."

Cons: "Engine"

"Purchased new - had to have it re-flashed for "program update" after it threw a Code a month later even though RAM apparently had posted a bulletin a few months prior to my purchase. The EGR sensor failed at 8K and had to wait a week for parts. It's now throwing the same code at 10K and the "re-flash" did not work. Now learned that they need to do some other type of "re-flashing" to hopefully fix the EGR problems. Truck always failed when I needed it most and was furthest away from home - not reliable whatsoever and Chrysler does not have parts readily available needed to remedy the problem. My dealership has gone out of their way to take care of me and has been nothing short of exceptional and they are the only reason I will try another RAM. I paid $40K plus and after problems - getting rid of it because I can't rely on it. Problem is the value is only at $29-$30K. Lost $10K in 4 months???? Not happy..."

Never had any trouble since I own it.

By on Friday, March 6, 2015

Pros: "$2000.00 easy to handle"

Cons: "has two cup holder"

"Just need a larger truck."

Love this Truck

By on Monday, March 11, 2013

Pros: "Looks, design, quality, comfort,"

Cons: "gas consumption is much lower than expected"

Hauling over 1800lbs of railroad ties, and could have added more

"I have owned an Avalanche, a Dodge Dakota, and now this RAM. I purchased it with about 3K miles, so basically new. I own the Sport edition, with leather interrior, full navigation, fake chrome wheels, towing package, you name it. The interrior is beautifully done and extremely comfortable. It's not as roomy as the Avalanche, but that's ok, because the bed fits a lot more. It rides beautifully and I get nothing but compliments on it. it's a truck, so it rides like one, but the comfort of the interrior makes up for it. The gas isn't nearly as good as it's rated, but that's what you get when you purchase a HEMI. RAM should probably be a bit more accurate, as I get about 13MPG on average. On the highway doing a steady speed I can get up around 18-20, but other than that it's about 13-14. I'm not a big fan of the fake chrome hubcaps, but other than that the rest of the truck does not look or feel cheap at all. So far, no problems to speak of. This RAM has been very useful for doing yard projects, moving, hauling, towing, etc. I just hauled over 1800lbs of railroad ties in it without a problem. So far, no problems with this truck at all."

Hauling over 1800lbs of railroad ties, and could have added more

Good truck

By on Wednesday, March 25, 2015

"Ive only had the Ram for about 6 weeks but so far I love it. The inside is very nice, I like the interior of rams better than all other trucks. The hemi has a pile of power, if I tromp on it I'm going 40 it'll still spin tire."

Great truck, great power when needed

By on Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Pros: "Lots of power, comfortable"

Cons: "gas mileage"

My beast!

"This truck is a beast. With the 5.7 Hemi, you get all the power to what needs to be done, whether towing or hauling. Down side is the gas mileage. If you tow anything over 5 or 6k, the mileage drops big time. I am talking down to about 12 mpg. now if you are using 4WD, your mileage towing will be in the single digits. The truck rides great and is very comfortable. I am a big guy (6'4", 250 lb) and I have lots of room. Overall, I would recommend this beast if you don't mind the mpg's."

My beast!

couple small dings

By on Saturday, April 30, 2016

"This is a gorgeous Longhorn edition Fully loaded heated and cool seats , onboard computer, navigation, clean and sharp"

18 Months Later... Big Disappointment

By on Sunday, January 3, 2016

Pros: "I range 25mpg in the city, 32 mpg on the hwy"

Cons: "Engine Reliability. 24k and need replacement"

"I absolutely loved this truck. After 6 months, check engine came on because the catalyst was bad and I think a recall came soon after that. Not too bad. But, while out of town for a Bowl Game, My truck suffered from a catastrophic engine failure. Apparently something came loose in the engine completely messed the whole thing up. Dealer said it needs an engine swap... Like I said, I love this truck but I am completely upset that this has happened. I baby this truck and yet it still went out. My worry is this is an issue from a 2014 truck that a 2016 engine wont fix... I have read some forums and there are others in my boat.. That all being said, I absolutely will say that the comforts of the truck are outstanding. Wish I had a better review, but a little on the down side in light of recent developments."

One sweet ride

By on Thursday, February 13, 2014

Pros: "Fun Fun Fun"

"Can think of anything to say bad. Love it."

This truck engineering/design is excellent

By on Friday, January 17, 2014

Pros: "Fuel mileage,ride,handling,interior,UConnect."

Cons: "Wished I had ordered the air suspension.Nice optio"

"This truck design has been a real pleasure to drive,coil suspension,8 speed automatic,cylinder deactivation,VVT,has me achieving 26 mpg with ease,it requires a certain getting use to to achieve this MPG.Electronic throttle is very sensitive to change which determines 4 or 8 mode.Cruise control works well with the PCM to achieve the best fuel mileage all the time.I drive in 4 cylinder mode all the time in city,on freeway once at speed it quickly goes into 4 cylinder mode.I fill my 32 gallon tank about 2 times a month, yes this is correct 2 times a month.And maybe 3 if I am not paying attention.This trucks 8 speed ZF transmission is flawless,running through the gears to achieve the best torque for the conditions and then it next priority it seems is fuel mileage which quickly goes into 4 cylinder mode once the throttle is staple for about 2 secs.You really have to understand what Rams engineerings are doing here to get the most from this trucks design and engineering.I drove the 2014 F150,with eco boost,and drove GM as well,both do not have a 8 speed and you can tell once you drive either the RamV-6,or the 5.7L coupled with the speed.Next was the F150 was not even close on fuel mileage at all.After checking f150 forums this proved out as well,with manny owners getting re-flashed PCM to try to improve mileage but it seems this made it worst to manny owners,so this left the GM trucks,but the 6.2L was to expensive and had to be ordered with the LTZ-1 package which raised the price by about 9000.00 dollors over the 5.7L 8 speed.Youtube'sFastLane truck shows there seems to be a issue with the shifting during towing up hill for the GM 6.2L would wait till it hit 2900 rpms before upshifting to 4000 rpm,the Rams 5.7L with the 8 speed just towing much better with a wider selection of gears to choose from to stay in the 4000 rpm power band while towing my 9200 lbs trailer.Well thats my 2 cents on this great truck.And oh the interior well just sit in it yourself,and you will see after test driving for about 1 hour,UConnect is excellent as well,took the salesman to lunch as well."

Great truck and excellent value!

By on Saturday, August 24, 2013

Pros: "Look, value, interior, stock stereo amazing"

Cons: "None at this time."

"I love my 2012 Ram 1500 4x4. It has the Big Horn Package. The bucket seats are very comfortable and the interior with the floor mounted shift looks amazing. I drove the Nissan Titan and Ford F150 and this truck interior blows both of those away! Ride quality was also better in my opinion. Stock stereo sounds great too. Bluetooth is easy to use and works very well. It is a great all around truck and tows my 21 foot Malibu ski boat like it's not even there. Gas mileage has been 14-15 mpg when city only and over 20 mpg freeway with the 5.7L Hemi. Towing only dropped to about 13 mpg. I enjoy every minute of driving it and plan to own this truck for a long time."

awsome truck

By on Saturday, May 18, 2013

Pros: "looks good and towes good"

"Had a ford ecoboost it was a eco wimp Not all what it is made out to be also I owned a tundras 5.7 before I purchased the ford gas hog and no guts above 70 mph when towing. Just bought this ram sport hemi. Rides better than ford. And smells and towes better than the junk tundra and ford. dodges are getting better watch out usa trucks And junk yotas"

Good value for the price.

By on Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Pros: "Good mileage and power, good ride."

Cons: "Poor headlights, doors hard to shut."

"Have a 2012 Express with a little over 10K miles, bought new. Pretty happy with the truck, it's my 1st Dodge I've ever owned. Averaging 16-17 mpg in daily driving. Downsides are the headlights, which are the worst of any vehicle I've ever owned. High beams are essentially worthless, I drive w/ low beams and fog lights most of the time. Also the doors have to pretty much be slammed shut, they will not fully close w/o some muscle."

I love this truck, had a 2002 1500 before

By on Thursday, March 9, 2017

"I bought this truck because I had a 2002 Dodge 1500, I traded it for this new one. The old one had 136000 miles. I have the front and rear cameras, great for backing and hooking up a trailer. The only complaint I have is that the only 1 port for charging is on all the time.(USB) the lighter plug in port and the 110v ports only work when the ignition is on. Otherwise, I love the truck!"

Just a couple of things.....

By on Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Pros: "H-E-M-I and I LOVE the body style!"

Cons: "Windshield issue and thin paint"

"Really love the quiet cabin and the power of the HEMI. Am heading to a glass replacement shop to have the windshield checked out. Seems to have an issue that resembles water spotting that I cannot get to come off. Have already been informed by the dealer that this is not a warranty item (?) Also have noticed that the paint is almost see-thru. Very thin..."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ram 1500 Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals