2012 Ram 1500 Regular Cab

Based on 302 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

Happy with purchase

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

Pros: "styling, great looks (flame red) great price"

Cons: "none yet only had truck 4.5 months"

"Purchased Larmie November 2013. Made one 400 mile trip avg 21 mpg. I was impressed, with ride and handeling. City driving 14.2, most driving is city,4 miles per day. Glad I have 4 wheel drive needed it this winter in the north east. Need wheel to wheel run boards to get in cab (makes life easier)"

Sorry Ford and GM, this one is a NO BRAINER!!!!

By on Friday, October 5, 2012

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, very fuel friendly!"

"I don't know why everyone is complaining about the gas mileage? If you read the manual or even went through the truck and checked out its features, you would see that the trucks today come with an ECON system and really allows the truck to sip the gas. I can stretch a 1/4 tank of gas for a week and a half. That thing can get more than 18 mpg's, you just have to know how to drive it. Trust me I've been using this feature and it works.Again READ THE MANUAL or WATCH THE DVD THAT COMES WITH THE TRUCK!!!!!!"

By far, the best 1/2 ton truck I have ever owned

By on Monday, October 24, 2016

Pros: "fuel efficient, styling fantastic, very comfy"

Cons: "diesel is pricey, but worth every penny"

"I have owned a bunch of trucks from all the manufacturers over the years. I use to be a big Chevy guy, but the new Chevys and GMC just look cheap on the inside.....so I looked at the RAM, and in particular loved the diesel option in the 1/2 ton. I have put 25K miles on it pulling a travel trailer and this thing is pure pleasure! It pulls the trailer at 75 mph all day long and delivers 16MPG even with the trailer attached (about 7K pounds of load). Unloaded, I consistently can achieve over 20 mpg with this truck. And that's a 4wd truck to boot! No problems or issues with it. Interior is top notch compared to the competitors. I am in the auto buying business so I get to drive a LOT of stuff, particularly pickups, and this one is at the top of my recommendations."

Not reliable

By on Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Pros: "Drives and rides excellent, good features."

Cons: "Engine"

"Purchased new - had to have it re-flashed for "program update" after it threw a Code a month later even though RAM apparently had posted a bulletin a few months prior to my purchase. The EGR sensor failed at 8K and had to wait a week for parts. It's now throwing the same code at 10K and the "re-flash" did not work. Now learned that they need to do some other type of "re-flashing" to hopefully fix the EGR problems. Truck always failed when I needed it most and was furthest away from home - not reliable whatsoever and Chrysler does not have parts readily available needed to remedy the problem. My dealership has gone out of their way to take care of me and has been nothing short of exceptional and they are the only reason I will try another RAM. I paid $40K plus and after problems - getting rid of it because I can't rely on it. Problem is the value is only at $29-$30K. Lost $10K in 4 months???? Not happy..."

Never had any trouble since I own it.

By on Friday, March 6, 2015

Pros: "$2000.00 easy to handle"

Cons: "has two cup holder"

"Just need a larger truck."

Love this Truck

By on Monday, March 11, 2013

Pros: "Looks, design, quality, comfort,"

Cons: "gas consumption is much lower than expected"

Hauling over 1800lbs of railroad ties, and could have added more

"I have owned an Avalanche, a Dodge Dakota, and now this RAM. I purchased it with about 3K miles, so basically new. I own the Sport edition, with leather interrior, full navigation, fake chrome wheels, towing package, you name it. The interrior is beautifully done and extremely comfortable. It's not as roomy as the Avalanche, but that's ok, because the bed fits a lot more. It rides beautifully and I get nothing but compliments on it. it's a truck, so it rides like one, but the comfort of the interrior makes up for it. The gas isn't nearly as good as it's rated, but that's what you get when you purchase a HEMI. RAM should probably be a bit more accurate, as I get about 13MPG on average. On the highway doing a steady speed I can get up around 18-20, but other than that it's about 13-14. I'm not a big fan of the fake chrome hubcaps, but other than that the rest of the truck does not look or feel cheap at all. So far, no problems to speak of. This RAM has been very useful for doing yard projects, moving, hauling, towing, etc. I just hauled over 1800lbs of railroad ties in it without a problem. So far, no problems with this truck at all."

Hauling over 1800lbs of railroad ties, and could have added more

Good truck

By on Wednesday, March 25, 2015

"Ive only had the Ram for about 6 weeks but so far I love it. The inside is very nice, I like the interior of rams better than all other trucks. The hemi has a pile of power, if I tromp on it I'm going 40 it'll still spin tire."

Great truck, great power when needed

By on Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Pros: "Lots of power, comfortable"

Cons: "gas mileage"

My beast!

"This truck is a beast. With the 5.7 Hemi, you get all the power to what needs to be done, whether towing or hauling. Down side is the gas mileage. If you tow anything over 5 or 6k, the mileage drops big time. I am talking down to about 12 mpg. now if you are using 4WD, your mileage towing will be in the single digits. The truck rides great and is very comfortable. I am a big guy (6'4", 250 lb) and I have lots of room. Overall, I would recommend this beast if you don't mind the mpg's."

My beast!

couple small dings

By on Saturday, April 30, 2016

"This is a gorgeous Longhorn edition Fully loaded heated and cool seats , onboard computer, navigation, clean and sharp"

One sweet ride

By on Thursday, February 13, 2014

Pros: "Fun Fun Fun"

"Can think of anything to say bad. Love it."

This truck engineering/design is excellent

By on Friday, January 17, 2014

Pros: "Fuel mileage,ride,handling,interior,UConnect."

Cons: "Wished I had ordered the air suspension.Nice optio"

"This truck design has been a real pleasure to drive,coil suspension,8 speed automatic,cylinder deactivation,VVT,has me achieving 26 mpg with ease,it requires a certain getting use to to achieve this MPG.Electronic throttle is very sensitive to change which determines 4 or 8 mode.Cruise control works well with the PCM to achieve the best fuel mileage all the time.I drive in 4 cylinder mode all the time in city,on freeway once at speed it quickly goes into 4 cylinder mode.I fill my 32 gallon tank about 2 times a month, yes this is correct 2 times a month.And maybe 3 if I am not paying attention.This trucks 8 speed ZF transmission is flawless,running through the gears to achieve the best torque for the conditions and then it next priority it seems is fuel mileage which quickly goes into 4 cylinder mode once the throttle is staple for about 2 secs.You really have to understand what Rams engineerings are doing here to get the most from this trucks design and engineering.I drove the 2014 F150,with eco boost,and drove GM as well,both do not have a 8 speed and you can tell once you drive either the RamV-6,or the 5.7L coupled with the speed.Next was the F150 was not even close on fuel mileage at all.After checking f150 forums this proved out as well,with manny owners getting re-flashed PCM to try to improve mileage but it seems this made it worst to manny owners,so this left the GM trucks,but the 6.2L was to expensive and had to be ordered with the LTZ-1 package which raised the price by about 9000.00 dollors over the 5.7L 8 speed.Youtube'sFastLane truck shows there seems to be a issue with the shifting during towing up hill for the GM 6.2L would wait till it hit 2900 rpms before upshifting to 4000 rpm,the Rams 5.7L with the 8 speed just towing much better with a wider selection of gears to choose from to stay in the 4000 rpm power band while towing my 9200 lbs trailer.Well thats my 2 cents on this great truck.And oh the interior well just sit in it yourself,and you will see after test driving for about 1 hour,UConnect is excellent as well,took the salesman to lunch as well."

Great truck and excellent value!

By on Saturday, August 24, 2013

Pros: "Look, value, interior, stock stereo amazing"

Cons: "None at this time."

"I love my 2012 Ram 1500 4x4. It has the Big Horn Package. The bucket seats are very comfortable and the interior with the floor mounted shift looks amazing. I drove the Nissan Titan and Ford F150 and this truck interior blows both of those away! Ride quality was also better in my opinion. Stock stereo sounds great too. Bluetooth is easy to use and works very well. It is a great all around truck and tows my 21 foot Malibu ski boat like it's not even there. Gas mileage has been 14-15 mpg when city only and over 20 mpg freeway with the 5.7L Hemi. Towing only dropped to about 13 mpg. I enjoy every minute of driving it and plan to own this truck for a long time."

awsome truck

By on Saturday, May 18, 2013

Pros: "looks good and towes good"

"Had a ford ecoboost it was a eco wimp Not all what it is made out to be also I owned a tundras 5.7 before I purchased the ford gas hog and no guts above 70 mph when towing. Just bought this ram sport hemi. Rides better than ford. And smells and towes better than the junk tundra and ford. dodges are getting better watch out usa trucks And junk yotas"

Good value for the price.

By on Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Pros: "Good mileage and power, good ride."

Cons: "Poor headlights, doors hard to shut."

"Have a 2012 Express with a little over 10K miles, bought new. Pretty happy with the truck, it's my 1st Dodge I've ever owned. Averaging 16-17 mpg in daily driving. Downsides are the headlights, which are the worst of any vehicle I've ever owned. High beams are essentially worthless, I drive w/ low beams and fog lights most of the time. Also the doors have to pretty much be slammed shut, they will not fully close w/o some muscle."

First Ram, Best for Comparison

By on Sunday, September 9, 2012

Pros: "Power, Sound System, Comfortable Seats, Leg Room"

Cons: "Cup holders are on the floor in the back"

Picking it up from the dealership!

"This truck hasn't given me any issues, got the oil changed at 3k exactly and everything still runs like brand new. I tested all trucks and liked the fact that this model had the center console to the comparison of Ford, GMC, Chevrolet and Toyota. I got the Dodge Ram 2012 - Quad Cab Big Horn Edition, The edition right below the 'limited'. This truck also had the best quality of a sound system related to the comparisons. I haven't towed anything yet but can wait and will keep you updated. I am 7' tall and when I sit in the driver's seat with the chair all the way back I have about 4 inches in between me and the dash (which is a lot if you're tall). I wish I would've bought the crew cab however because I have a tall family. Gas mileage is a steady 12.9 for me, a little below the expected in the city but still pretty good. The power behind the engine; my friend bought the new Ford - F150 eco boost model and we'll just say I won by a tremendous distance. Overall great purchase!"

Picking it up from the dealership!

Love the truck

By on Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Pros: "great truck"

Cons: "would rather have a CD player with it."

"I bought this truck in 2013 and to this day, on a long trip that we just took to Colorado, it got 20.6 mpg. My sister said it feels like we are going slow, due to it rides so smooth. Very blessed to own this truck. Love the color. I had a Quad Cab before and then I bought this Crew Cab and they are very roomy. The back seats lift up and you can put out the fold out floor for carrying plants, groceries etc. My husband loves my truck."

total package, excellent truck

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Pros: "drive it and you will see, everything"

Cons: "none yet"

"this truck is great, all the comforts of a SUV with the capabilities of Truck when needed. Power and looks, can take this truck to any venue and fit in, Games, dinner, night out on town, church. This truck is the total package."

Everything I wanted and more, no less.

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Pros: "Great value for the price, High quality parts,"

Cons: "Upgrades ie: radio not available even if wanted"

"I knew it was what I wanted when I pulled on the lot. All black, aluminum wheels, black grill. Power mirrors, locks, and windows. This truck looks bad and really is. Pure power with the 5.7 Hemi. I didn't want all of the GPS, backup camera or all of the fancy electronics. Of course that's why there is the express model. Gas mileage steady around town at 10.9-11.5 mpg. I always have my foot down so I really don't keep track. If you can't afford the gas then buy a hybrid something. I love my Ram Truck."

Strong performer!

By on Friday, December 13, 2013

Pros: "power, quality, great standard features list"

Cons: "none yet (knock on wood)"

"My vehicle is the 2014 1500 tradesman/express with the hemi 5.7 in monochromatic "true blue" color with 20" wheels and 4 wheel drive. This truck is def a looker and with the standard cab/bed configuration it just looks beefy with an aggressive stance on her large shoes. I just purchased this truck on Dec 8th so I'm well within the break-in period but here are my initial observations. 1. For the money you will not find a new truck with the performance this RAM gives (I mean c'mon 395hp out the box!). I saw 2010 tundra's and f-150's that cost more than this truck new. 2. RAM's quality has jumped through the roof in the past few years (I used to be a dodge hater big time). Don't believe me? Check out resale values and you'll see for yourself that this rig will be a keeper. 3. Averaging 15/16 in town and 20 on the highway but keep in mind she's still breaking in. 4. Interior is awesome IMO and has everything you could need. I would hate to look inside a Laramie packaged truck I would probably implode. Pleanty of storage nooks and crannies and bins everywhere and the uconnect is an added bonus. 5. Comfort is very good and not too stiff which is surprising with a short wheel base truck. Highway driving is nice and quiet, well - until you romp on the throaty Hemi and the other 4 cylinders roar to life. 6. still in the honeymoon phase, but so far so good!"

Love it!

By on Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great features, better priced."

Cons: "None so far."

"I have 2013 Bighorn Hemi with the 8speed rotary shift transmission and I have little, if any real complaints. I love the comfort, the Hemi, the tranny, storage, and the factory radio with the 8.4nav. My biggest gripe, per se, is it came with 20' Good Year Wranglers all season tires that I'm not thrilled with. MPH has been all around 16-17, and that's with winter gas and still breaking it in. The Bluetooth has been great, I do lose the XM signal occasionally, but no more than my last couple of vehicles. I got mine with the RamBoxCargoManagement system and the boxes lock from the key fob.I do general handyman work and is amazing how much fits in there in an organized fashion. With the 5.7 Hemi I guess it's pretty fast, but that not a factor to me at this point in my life. I declined to get the factory bed liner, but chose to get Line-x applied instead, which was a good move. The 4x4 can be set on 2WD auto, or 4WD Lock and I tested it in the snow and ice the past couple of days and both delivered what was expected.My biggest actual complaint? I hate getting to my destination because I love driving it so much!"

Outstanding

By on Thursday, February 7, 2013

Pros: "Ride, looks, u connect"

Cons: "My friends keep asking to use it"

"The truck has the whole package. I looked into the f150 & tundra,the Chevy just didn't interest me. Tundra just felt cheap and clunky. the Ford was good. It came down that I liked the overall looks of the dodge inside and out. I've put this truck through some serious trails and ridden a lot of highway. This truck has handled everything above expectations"

Excellent Truck

By on Friday, November 16, 2012

Pros: "great ride and looks awesome"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"I have owned this truck for over a year and a half and I love this truck. Rides exceptionally smooth and has pleanty of power with the Hemi engine. Exterior and interior looks are second to none. I get compliments everywhere I go. However I did have a few problems with it. Had to have the starter changed within the first 10000 miles. The third brake light did have a leak which I got water inside the truck, nothing much but it needed to be fixed. I also had a electrical problem that took the dealer a week to find out the cause. There was a connector in the headliner that went bad and caused all the dash lights to go on all the time as well as none of the gauges would work. The transmission does clunk every so often when I put it in and out of gear. Even with these issues I know two other people with this same truck and they never had any problems at all. I do still love this truck and would buy it again."

Previous Chevy driver 10 yrs, now a RAM driver

By on Monday, November 12, 2012

Pros: "5.7 Hemi is outstanding/ full design is great"

Cons: "20" chrome wheels have plastic covers"

"Completly satisfied with overall performance."

Best Full size on the market

By on Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pros: "quiet/high quality ride, great styling, capable"

Cons: "Normal Full size truck neg- gas, parking"

"I test drove All the major competitors. Ram offers top quality ride and comfort,most standard options: 20's, dual exhaust, remote start, auto lights, triple seal interior reduces outside noise, flawless "eco" adjust to 4 cylinder at constant speeds (25+mpg). Great looks! 8k oil changes! 100k warranty."

Great buy for your money

By on Friday, October 5, 2012

Pros: "great price, great power"

Cons: "not enough aftermarkets"

"I purchased this vehicle a little less than a year ago. i have owned two previous rams a 1998 5.9 1500 and a 2004 2500 hemi. Neither of my old ones have ever had any issues towing or hauling for their years. this one looks the best out of all of them and is definently the fastest and most capable. i love it. wouldnt buy another truck."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ram 1500 Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals